November Rainbow Babies

very cute do blakesmom!
I am on:cloud9: right now!!
ITS A GIRL!!!!:pink::pink::pink::pink:

Congrats on team pink---does she have a name yet??

Cata--super cute owl!! I think that will be wonderful for a mobile--sorry you dog ate one tho :haha:

i think OH and i have finally decided now since we know what she is.
Katrina Christine Montoya

babyjo-Good luck on going back to work! That's awesome you got your stroller picked out too. Some things are worth breaking budget for.

cata-I love the owls! Too cute! That's awful your fainted. So glad everything checked out ok though.

Blakesmom-Great new hair style. It looks super cute on you! I cut mine off when I was pregnant with DS 13 years ago...lets just say my face is alot more round lol and it was awful!!! Not a flattering style for me at all. I've had my hair long every since.

Dancing-So exciting... your having a baby girl!!! YAY!

AFM-I have a chiropractor appt on Friday. I hope they can straighten out this back pain I am having. I'm very nervous. I am trying to change ob's. I love my ob but the hospital he delivers at doesn't allow more than 2 people in the delivery room and no photographers. I need 3 people in there and one of those 3 to be a photographer. SO...after much consideration we decided to try to get an ob that will deliver at a hospital 2 hours away and get the experience I am looking for. I hope I get into the clinic that I have chosen, that;s what the nervous phone call is about. I've watched youtube video's with the doctor as well as looked over his awards etc....I NEED THIS DOC lol!

Klein- yeah back pain sucks. I hope you can get into that other doctor. He must be in high demand or something! Birth pics would be nice, and I'm sure you have the social hookup for someone to help you out with those ; )

Cata- about the back brace, there is something called a maternity support. It's supposed to relieve pain in back, legs and abdomen. The one pictured here is from Babies R Us in the US, but I'm not sure what would be available to you. I am going to have to get one of these
https://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-8866043reg.jpg

Dancing- aw your girl's name is beautiful. I think the two "k" sounds make it great!

I've spray painted the rocker glider today to match the crib (an off-white color), and got the curtains up as doors for the closet. *Collage attached of my inspirations for baby's room

Attachments

• baby room.pdf
    483.1 KB · Views: 10
Dancing--very pretty name!!

Dahlia--I love your inspiration pics for the nursery--can't wait to see pictures along the way as you work on yours!!

Dancing congrats on being team pink! The names you've picked go well together!

Blakesmom your hair cut looks fab! I've got mad curly hair which to make it look good takes up quite a bit of time. I've not been looking after it at all so I may cut it way short to make it easier to manage too.

Klein good luck with changing OBs. When do you find out if you got the hospital you want.

Dahlia your nursery is going to look amazing.

Afm work has been awful- gentle start I asked for- non existent. I am shattered. Not too long left now. I just have to remember that to get me through.

babyjo-that's horrible about work. Hang in there.

Dahlia-I made one of those light fixtures for my kitchen lol. It turned out great. Mine is white and huge so it was a bit time consuming. But the whole project was under $15.00 so that was great. I just used the existing fixture and then hung everything off of closet shelving instead of a lamp shade. (the lamp shades were too small for my existing light fixture!)

Ok! I got into the OBGYN office I wanted and they deliver a the hospital I wanted!!!! I am so excited!!! How bout they even have bidet's in the bathrooms. It will be spectacular. I go for my first appt with my u/s on Tuesday. I did have to call my old ob and request my records and cancel todays u/s for their office. It was hard. I love that doc, too bad I can't box him up and take him with me to the new hospital!

Great news on DS's room...the sheetrock is hung! They are mudding it and it will be ready to paint sometime next week. I'm calling in my mom to paint! Can't wait to start on the fun stuff in his room.
Paint, carpet, brick paneling on 2 walls, graffiti wall and lockers with black light paint accents, energy drink can collage mirror or clock (I can't decide), hang black lights, new sheets, hang tv, move everything in...and then on to the nursery. I'm going to be crazy by the time we are done!

babyjo- sorry about your tough welcome back to work : (

Klein- omg I'm working on ceiling fixture now. Mine will also be white, and I totally underestimated how many strands of circles I will need. My mom is the one doing all the sewing. I hope I can stick it out and get it done. It many be one of those projects I abandon! ha. "I think I can, I think I can..."

You're just crafting away, and soon it will be baby's turn! It takes a lot of energy to decorate!
Glad you got into your hospital.. i forget if you said you will be having a c-sec or not,? Either way your comforts will be met I'm sure

Dancing- I see a bump pic! Looking good! My bump is either the same size, or a bit smaller

My brother's GF is trying to get twin Vivienne's room started, and she loved the curtains-as-a-closet-door idea. They started taking the doors off as I was there today. lol

I was at the dentist today and got two fillings. I was pretty nervous about it this time. But I got through it.

Dancing- Welcome to team pink :pink:
:D

Seems like everyone is progressing along nicely!
Anybody had their anatomy scans yet? How was it? Mine is next week!

Dancing- Welcome to team pink :pink:
:D

Seems like everyone is progressing along nicely!
Anybody had their anatomy scans yet? How was it? Mine is next week!

Hey tuckie, the anatomy scan is good because you get to see the baby for quite a long time while they take all the measurements. Just hope that the baby is co-operative on the day- some are too active for measurements or not enough( my baby was sound asleep and would Not wake up no matter what she did.

Are you going to find out the sex?

Hi everyone, haven't had a chance to catch up this week - all settles into our new house now though! Eek! The only room that needs finishing is the nursery, and we are still waiting for some furniture for the spare rooms.

I had my anomaly scan last week but baby wasn't cooperating at all :( she couldn't get many measurements so I have to go back tomorrow, at least I get to see baby one more time. I just think 22 weeks is getting a bit late for things like amniocentesis if its needed.

I'm also hoping for a different sonographer this time as although she was lovely last week, whe didn't let me see the screen for hardly any time at all, she had it facing her while she was trying to get measurements, and OH could see, as he was sitting up in a chair, which I thought was a bit unfair :haha: x

babyjo- sorry about your tough welcome back to work : (

Dancing- I see a bump pic! Looking good! My bump is either the same size, or a bit smaller

Well it could also be the lunch i ate making it stick out so much. Its not Quite that big when i first wake up in the morning lol!

Cute bump----I find it so funny how I can wake up relatively flat and be HUGE by the end of the day!! I have to take my 4 month bump pic tonight!!

Cute bump----I find it so funny how I can wake up relatively flat and be HUGE by the end of the day!! I have to take my 4 month bump pic tonight!!
LMAO! The same happens to me!

Baby has been really active this morning, and the kicks are getting stronger I've noticed : )

Hi Sharon! Congrats on the move. I really wish we could move, but the way the market is, I'm not sure we would get an offer of what we owe on our house, so it's kind of hopeless.
What's up with heartless sonographers? They just don't get that seeing our baby on screen is so amazing for us. They need to be a little more empathetic.

Tuckie- yes I had my scan about 2 weeks ago. But we're going back in two weeks to get another view of the gender (couldn't totally see it last time), and check out the femurs, which were measuring a week small.

I've had an on-and-off headache for the last three days. I'm not meaning to sound like a winer every time I express my pains :blush:, so I hope no one thinks I'm a sissy. lol. Just wanting to get it all out. I'm going to try some caffeinated pop today and see if that works.

Blakesmom - Thanks for complimenting my dead owl :p I have made a couple more and a tree now :)

Dancing - That's a lovely name and you have an adorable bump! mine still has that muffin top thing :( I am a big girl so people just think I don't wear my control undies anymore probably

Klein - thank you :) yeah the fainting episode was a bit scary but thankfully it was a one time thing apparently :)
I would give a leg to get an appointment with a chiropractor but they won't touch you if you're pregnant here :(
A photograper in the delivery room must be awesome, well the results :D I'll just have my little brother with his Iphone :p
considering the quality of my 10 week ultrasound which he recorded and sucked I'm not really sure of him staying strong during my labor :p

Dahlia - Yes something like that is what I'll be getting too, I am used to not being able to get some things here for a reasonable price so i have an address on the US and I just use Ebay or Amazon :p
Yay for stronger kicks!!!
I did find a brace that looks like that but it has like a big suport panty that covers your bump too and it has the brace on top of that... I still didn't buy it but It will help my weird bump look more like a bump :)
I absolutely loved your collage :) Since I'm staying at my dad's for now and well my room is pretty small I still don't get to do the whole nursery thing, but will do in the future :)

Tuckie - I'm not even sure they do that here :p I am really nervous about my appointment today but we will see how that goes.

Sharon - that's good that you get to see baby again! hopefully there will be cooperation this time :) form both baby and sonographer so you can see everything :)

Girls my last appointment was at 15 weeks when I found out the sex. Today I have my first appointment on the high risk unit at the hospital so I'm kinda nervous. I'm already 22 weeks and haven't seen LO in almost 8 weeks
so even when he has been kicking me like a professional soccer player I'll feel much better once they hopefully confirm everything is going well.
They will probably make me diet because even when I am eating healthier apparently it doesn't make a difference, I have gained 2 kilos per month for the last 3 months :(

It took me like 2 hours to get rid of all my hair lol ( I'm sorry for TMI) but lately I feel like a big pregnant chewbacca... I never had this happen to me ever but it is pretty uncomfortable lol... good thing is am all ready for
my appointment now... wish me luck!​

LMAO! The same happens to me!

Baby has been really active this morning, and the kicks are getting stronger I've noticed : )

Hi Sharon! Congrats on the move. I really wish we could move, but the way the market is, I'm not sure we would get an offer of what we owe on our house, so it's kind of hopeless.
What's up with heartless sonographers? They just don't get that seeing our baby on screen is so amazing for us. They need to be a little more empathetic.

Tuckie- yes I had my scan about 2 weeks ago. But we're going back in two weeks to get another view of the gender (couldn't totally see it last time), and check out the femurs, which were measuring a week small.

I've had an on-and-off headache for the last three days. I'm not meaning to sound like a winer every time I express my pains :blush:, so I hope no one thinks I'm a sissy. lol. Just wanting to get it all out. I'm going to try some caffeinated pop today and see if that works.

I had a killer headache yesterday too. I worked all day and then came home and laid down from 6pm-8pm. Poor Blake didn't have a very fun mommy last night, but I'm off work today so I can make it up to him. I don't have any Tylenol and I don't think we're suppose to take ibuprofen so I just tried sleeping it off--might need to put tylenol on the grocery list incase that happens again!!

Hey girls,

lol Cata, my hair removal will take me forever aswell! My Poor OH! I've been saving it for my appointments! Like one of the other ladies told me the fact that you can feel lots of movement is a good reassuring thing for your upcoming appointments. Hopefully they will scan you. You have inspired me to get crafty :)

Sharonfruit- I'm glad that you are settling into your new place well.

Dancing your bump is very cute! Mine looks more like a big round football stuck on a bean pole (although my butt has increased in size so i've got matching bumps front and back) :)

Dahlia- that is what we are here for to share our pains, joy, complaints etc......express away. Have you been drinking enough fluids? Hope they vanish.

I've been really stressed at work today and have only felt bubs move a bit.....I hope bubs isn't getting stressed out too. I'm going to chill in the garden with a glass of alcohol free pear cider to get some zen.

x

Dahlia-SO MANY CIRCLES....oh it sucked cutting them out and I had a round cutter and everything. Hang in there, don't give up THOMAS!!! lol I had to do mine in stages. I took the circle cutter and wax paper to my DD's gymnastics once a week and worked on the cutting part for 2 hours a week. If I try to get it done too quickly I burn myself out on it. At least your mom is coming thru for you for the sewing...that sucked horribly lol.

I'm researching natural water birth after forceps delivery. Both of my kids were delivered via forceps. I'm finding out that it happens pretty often if your epi was turned up high and left on...I'm hoping that's the case for me. I'd love to do a natural water birth and the new hospital is equipped for it so I'm going to give it a try. Another hurdle to get over is the fact that both of my kids were induced. My son at 41.5 weeks and daughter at 39. So I really have no idea if I can even get a good go for a natural delivery anyway. Once they start that pitocin and break my water...it's over. I have to have an epi!

That's great they are working on Vivienne's room. I know everything is going to be hard for them but starting on her room could very well be the hope they need to pull thru.

Too bad about your headache. You are so not a whiner! I slept on my neck all wrong last night and it's been hurting on both sides all day. I do have that chiro appt tomorrow so I'm hoping that they will set me straight again!

Sharon-So glad your all moved in. I read your post quickly and thought it said the only room that was finsihed was the nursery lol I thought man, she couldn't wait to start on it and she did it really quick!!! Goodluck with the next scan. It is pretty awesome you get to see your LO again though!!! Maybe even better views!

Dancing- My bump grows throughout the day. In the mornings I take a look and I'm pretty pleased with myself...then as the day goes on the BIGGER I GET! I never remember doing that with my other pregnancies so I don't know how common it is. Maybe I did and just missed it lol.

Cata-So weird they won't adjust you while pregnant...My chiro's table has a special pregnant hole in it for me lol. Hope you have a great appointment!

babyjo-you for sure need to get in the zen zone girl!

AFM-The mess is made from the sheetrock and I've been busting my butt trying to get it cleaned up. Not to mention today is my 30th birthday and I've not even got a card today nor any help cleaning up the mess. I swear sometimes I wonder about my husband and what he thinks inside his head. I've heard all day...what do you want...what do you want. I've always thought in my head that I'd do something really different and special and BIG for my 30th birthday. Heck, I envisioned maybe even a surprise birthday party or something seeing as how I've planned one for my moms 50th and my sisters 21st. Nope. Just another day ordinary day. That would involve cleaning up sheetrock and getting all dolled up to take DD to gymnastics. Maybe I'm just over emotional...maybe not. Just needed to vent a little bit.

babyjo - Yay for getting crafty!! I hope you were able to relax hun :hugs:

Klein - Happy Birthday!!! I hope it gets better during the day :hugs: I still remember my 30th bd... my best friend organized a little dinner for the two of us ( I remember thinking it was too lesbian but what the hell she's my BF lol) I got there and somehow she managed to find some other old friends of mine... Had 42 shots of jaggermeister :wacko: those kind of parties are definitely over lol
I was actually wondering about the bump on the chiropractor lol, I will get a massage as soon as I can tho... maybe her table has a hole too?
I so wish we had the option to have a water birth here!! :thumbup: or even pain medication just in case... we don't. Oh the joys of living in Central America!!!

blakesmom - I hope you're feeling better :hugs: No ibuprofen for us but tylenol and quiet, dark, cool rest helped me when I had my terror 3 day migraine episode some weeks ago.

Well I had my appointment and I guess baby is alright??

I got there early to find the prenatal unit crowded lol I never saw so many pregnant women in one place. Managed to find a seat and after almost one hour I got called by a super nice nurse that took my blood pressure and weighed me (lost 300gr yay!! lol) she gave me some freebies too :happydance:

I went back outside and after another hour the doctor called me, he saw my control card and asked: so this is your 5th pregnancy? I said yes, and he said lay down here this is not a real ultrasound I just want to hear the heartbeat... It was a real ultrasound machine wtf! I heard the HB briefly and he saw the baby for like 5 seconds and said: you're having a boy... I just wanted to smack him with my bag! what if I was team yellow?? but oh well I am not so I just took a deep breath.

I asked him if I should keep putting the progesterone+taking aspirin and prednisolone and he gave a sarcastic look and said: follow Doctor's Arias instructions... she is your doctor, now excuse my french girls but at that point I wanted to say: ARE YOU SERIOUS MOTHERFUCKER?? :blush: you are now my doctor!! so I said: I cannot afford doctor Arias anymore which is why I am here :gun: then he said with a stupid smile on his face: we will see in a month, i won't say anything about medication because is unprofessional :shrug:

I then asked the guy if he saw LO when we heard the hb ( he obviously did but since he was so rude) he said yes umm and doctor, will I get an anomaly scan? he said yes, that was it... no idea of the hb, weight, no measurements, nothing, at least i know thanks to the tickers that he is the size of a papaya and that I have mood swings again? lol

.They gave me a piece of paper for my scan in one month, that will be 27 weeks :wacko: and some bloodwork that i need to get done. The nurse did mention that you don't even get to see the same doctor every time which would normally upset me but is now a relief :thumbup:

All that grooming for nothing lol, next time all just go all hairy legs and chewbacca :blush: lol no i won't.. I could never :blush:

I am so glad that I was able to afford a private doctor at least during the most critical months :thumbup: it would have been so draining to go to the hospital, now the best part is yet to come, this is where I have to give birth lol

So that was my appointment from hell rant :blush: I feel better now.

I have been watching the Uk's One born every minute episodes online :cloud9: I cry a lot of course but I love to see those little babies, and it makes me feel so excited!! don't like the screamers very much because they remind me that I won't have gas or epidural or nothing lol but I'm hoping I'll be able to focus on pushing without screaming too much:dohh:

cata-i'm sorry the guy at your appt was so rude :( i didnt realize they still didnt do epidurals in central america. My OH is from El Salvador and his mother actually gave birth to him and 5 other children at home, his father delivered them all. Unmedicated and no hospital. I was inspired! I am planning to go unmedicated for labor as well so i will be right there with you. I believe Costa Rica is pretty close to El Salvador so whenever we go there I should come visit you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->