November Rainbows 2016

I'm nearly 33 weeks
Woohoo.
Its back to flying again
Hurray :)

I never had a birthing ball before should I invest or not?

Lilesmom that plan sounds perfect I may have to rewrite mine :haha:

Does anyone want a free OH not at all irritable or annoying I'll even pay postage but I must warn you I don't accept returns :rofl:

I've enough to deal with in my own thanks :)
Who I must admit has been super nice since humpty dumpty gate!!!

I spent the first day of my labour on one in hosp.
I had one at home and liked it
But it never got me ready
Or speed up labour.
My labour still limped along despite all my boyncing
But my body wasn't ready
It did make me feel better though
I could move while on monitors with it

Afraid to get on one now.
She is already head in my pubic bone.
I don't want her any lower!!

My DH is recording a podcast tonight with a couple of his friends which means I'm sitting in silence with a cup of tea, looking at whatever I can think of on the iPad. Such fun. Then tomorrow night he's out playing basketball with other friends. Obviously getting in all his social things before baby arrives! :haha:

Is anyone else really not looking forward to having the HV drop by all the time once baby is here? I can think of nothing worse to be honest.

Ours only calls at two week mark.
Unless you don't get heel prick test done in hosp.
Then she calls for that too.
They r worse than useless.
U hve to clean house, self baby other kids for visit
Then u get nothing out of it!!
Yup irritating here too.

The one we had with Simon was lovely and great.
But she left to look after her disabled daughter.
Our new one is irritating and useless .
Like most of them

No thanks, my DH is more than enough for me. He's annoying me so much tonight that I asked him has he considered getting a mistress to give me a break :rofl: then I remembered no one else could possibly put up with him.

I only saw our health visitor at 2 weeks. But here in your second plus baby they don't really bother with you. If it's your first they are a bit annoying though with visiting a lot. They can be helpful though, I guess it depends who you get. When I had Zack our health visitor was lovely and really helped with those am I doing the right thing, is this normal moments that all ftm get. I can honestly say I've never had an issue with any of the ones we have had.

I love my birthing ball lucusmum. I sit on it most evenings rather than the sofa now cause it takes the pressure off my hips.

I met my HV once with Lucas and that was when he was a few months old in clinic she was rude and told me as I was older and experienced she didn't think I would want to see her, she wasn't wrong but it still may have been helpful to meet her :haha: can't say I'm looking forward to meeting one this time round :wacko:

Silly question just looked at a birthing ball and its £18.99 can a cheap and cheerful gym ball be used instead?

That's what I had with Simon
I don't see the big difference

As long as it is the right size for you then it doesn't matter. The only difference usually is the birthing balls have a higher weight limit and a stronger non slip coating. Other than that they are exactly the same.

Mine is technically a gym ball but it works the same!

The HV came out something like twice a week for the first six weeks to see my sister when she had her daughter this year. This sounds like hell to me. Honestly, I sort of want to just be left to it with my little guy and if I'm concerned or need help THEN I'll reach out to HV/docs etc.

In the link I posted earlier there's a guide, it's on height just to make sure your not using one that could strain your muscles. I don't know it off the top of my head though.

I shall have a look :flower:

lynanne that sounds way over the top come one time introduce yourself to me and leave details on how I can get in touch should I need it :wacko:

Yeah, I'd be okay with that but I hate the intrusiveness of them turning up at my house. I just know I'll feel like they are judging every single thing I do, my dog's behaviour, the tidiness of my house. Ugh, can't be doing with that!

I've got my first NHS antenatal class on Friday but I really would rather just not bother with them. I don't feel like they'll tell me much more than I already know. DH has to take more time off work to come with me. My sister says they were a bit pointless and disorganised. Not exactly selling points! I might go to this first one, assess how rubbish they are and call it a day at one instead of the four.

I just replied in your thread in 3rd trip about them, we went with Lucas found them useless and made it up and still do as we go along he seems happy and healthy for it :haha: did ask about them last week but was told I had left it to late so we won't be doing any this time around :flower:

I have to be honest that I loved antenatal classes. There was no such thing I our area on the nhs when I was having Zack but booked into them when I was having Aurora. They were held in the hospital and as well as the classes we got given a tour of the different birthing wards. They covered late pregnancy in the first two classes, how to cope during labour, birthing positions and all different options availible for pain relief etc and how they work. Explained what happens after having the baby and went through breastfeeding and different latch positions etc. Then the other classes were on the first few weeks with your baby which I found really helpful, things like best ways to make up a bottle and how to swaddle baby. Even went through the stages of what's normal with baby's nappies. Was really nice meeting other local mums who were expecting too. Ended up on the birthing ward with two of them when having our babies. We have all stayed in touch and meet every two weeks with the children. Guess it's either one of those things your either going to love or hate though.

I think a lot of if they r good or not depends on who is running them.
Ours were very bad.
She couldn't even give an answer to any of my bf Qs.
Her only answer was there r classes on the ward when u hve bub.
Not much good to me since I had him bank hol weekend
So no classes.
They were very boring and not very enlightening
But I've 50 ish nieces and nephews
( must count again )
And I've babysat them since I've been 9
So maybe if I had no hands on experience I would hve found them good
Not sure really.
Worth going to see anyway
U might hve a great person running them

I was offered this time but declined
No extra hosp visits thanks.