November Rainbows 2016

Getting close to an average of 5 minutes apart for about an hour and a half. Some have been about 6.5 mins but some have been 3.5 mins apart. I've been trying to hold off as long as possible but I think we might have to call the hospital soon and see about going in. Lost another bit of the plug (this time dark brown) and every few contractions are very painful!

Back home again. Despite being in real bad pain in still only 1cm dilated. I feel like I could cry. This is so bloody sore and I know its only going to get worse. She said baby feels really low though and she could feel his head when she examined me. I've been scheduled in for an induction on Monday if things dont happen themselves before then. I cant imagine putting up with this pain for longer than that. So disheartened.

The early stage can sometimes drag on a bit :( i had two weeks of it. I know you have probably been told it at the hospital but just try to stay active and hopefully baby will be here very soon. I totally get your frustration though, the thought of going even a few more days when your so uncomfortable is hard. You might find you do what I did, have a long early stage but then baby will arrive very quickly. Did they give you anything to take for the pain?

I was given a "strong painkiller" (dont remember the name) but honestly its done bugger all for the pain. I cant even begin to describe how much it hurts. I'm way worse now than I was pre painkiller. Bugger. Contractions are regularly at seven minutes now. I know this because I keep falling asleep only to be woken by this awful pain! Totally handling things poorly now! Big wimp.

I hope you have managed some sleep and rest, stay as active as possible Monday at the latest you will have your sweet boy in your arms that's not to far away :hugs:

labour is the one time you can be as big a wimp as you want to be. It's bloody painful. You can take co co damol at home at it won't interfere with any meds you may need further into labour. If it gets too much though ring the hospital again and say your not coping with the pain.

Hugs Lynanne xxx
Each contraction is another one behind u that u never hve to do again
Xxx
And one step closer to bub xx
Its disheartening but its prob still effacing ur cervix and moving him down
So don't feel like its for nothing xxx

Would u hire a tens machine
Found it brilliant for the first day to reach 4 cm
Xxx

Bub is pretty quiet yest and today
I'm feeling movement but more like flutters than kicks
Hoping she is just lying in a funny position again

Ten more days to bub including today and section day
So really only 8
I can do it cant I?
:)
Woke up cross today, was in a deep sleep for once
Woke to little mouse tapping my face shouting mom
Normally id find this very funny
But I'm a crank thus morn.
Back in bed
Really just want to hibernate this week
Its snowing in places here

Oh wow Lucas would love to wake up to the snow me not so much, whereabouts are you?

In cork Ireland :)
It's only a small bit in patches
Think we r meant to get more though.
I do like snow
Except for having to drive like a snail :)

Lilesmom, I've got my sister's TENS machine that I started using about 30 minutes ago. I'm not sure it is doing much but I'll try anything right now. I am so exhausted and sore already!

Maryanne, my mum says to pester the maternity assessment if I find I'm struggling with the pain and can't cope. I wouldn't feel so silly doing that if I knew things were progressing, even just slightly.

Lucasmum, I'd. Love to be more active today but it is genuinely agony to move thanks to his position being so low. Nightmare!

He's still wriggling away quite happily in there so all good with him at least. I'm hopeful of catching a few more winks between contractions with this TENS machine then I think I might try a bath. Hopefully things will progress properly today.

Wow snow!!! I'm very jealous. I'm such a big kid, I love snow. Not that I'd get to play in it being stuck in here.

It's not silly Lynanne. If its too much the just insist on going in. They may be able to give you something stronger to help with the pain. I'm crossing my fingers that things progress for you soon. The contractions with no progress are torture. I've never had it before till this baby but I never want to go through it again. Worst two weeks of my life.

Give the tens a chance
It has a cumulative effect I think
The longer and earlier u start using it
The better it works
Does it hve a boost button for contractions?
Mine did, found it very good to help me focus.
Xxx
Hugs
Def don't suffer too much alone
Ur allowed be pushy about going in,
If ur struggling or it would make u feel better. Xxx

Its turned to rain so no playing here either :)
Doh

Went back to sleep but woken by pains twice
Typical
I'm getting enough pains to annoy me
But bot enough to be anything :)
Just as I think maybe ....
They feck off again :)
She is gonna tease me till Mon week me thinks

Never used a tens machine but my friend was telling me last night it o my reallyvworked for her turned as high as it would go I agree if it's to much go back in :flower:

Just been back to bed as well but have to get back up as I've an appointment at the hospital :wacko:

I def found it really good.
Start on lower setting, save higher for worse pains :)

Best of luck at app Lucas mom
Is it just routine last app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"