November Rainbows 2016

I think all relatives can be a bit like that on your first, try not to take it to heart. They mean well but I think lots of people assume if baby is having a rough spell that you can't or won't cope. I had a lot of it as I was only 19 when I had Zack. I just politely refused the help and carried on and eventually people do kind of back off and realise your ok. . Wait till you have your second, no one ever offers help as they assume you have got it covered, and by your third you must automatically know everything about child rearing and then everyone comes to you for advice. When friends ask me stuff it's like how am I supposed to know, it's not my baby. Plus there's so many times where I still have no idea what to do.

Hope the dentist goes ok!

Totally agree.
Loads of 'helpful advice' first time round
But hardly none on second.
Got some offers of help this time
But most expect u to say no its fine.
Only few real offers :)
We did accept help looking after Simon while I was in hosp.

Soo tempting to go formula this eve
She has had two topups of two oz each today
Has been hungry all day
Its driving me a bit nuts
Plus is she gonna keep this up when oh is back at work.
I like bf but not sure I can keep up with her!!!
She has me drained!!!

Lilesmom you do what us best for you. People will say carry on or give up but they aren't living your life. I will say it does get easier, eventually they do start calming down with the nursing non stop but then you have little man to look after too. If you do stop there's no shame in it. You have done great to get as far as you have.

Thanks hon.
If I thought she settle with it before oh goes back to work id be happy
It just panics me when I think of looking after the two plus clustering
Really wouldn't be doable.
I know id regret it if I gave up
Especially when she is doing well.
Will keep it up for now and cross my fingers she settles soon.
Thanks hon xx
Being listened to helps xx

You could always combination feed, lots of women do that. Just a few bottles a day to help stop her cluster feeding so you can manage your little man too. Will cross my fingers she calms down soon. Aurora settled about week 7 after the first development leap. She still nursed often but didn't spend hours at the boob, we had gaps in between. What ever you decide she honestly won't mind as long as she's being fed and her mum is happy xx

Lilesmom you have to do what works for you :flower:

Yup agree everyone has useful/less info with your first :wacko:

So after a poop explosion Sunday we have only had one since then and it wasn't worth writing home about, poor Edith has been squeezing and straining all week, tonight she filled her nappy any more in there we would have had leakage, so my friends three year old came to the loo with me to help, never have I been more grateful to a three year old :haha: one I had removed the incriminating nappy she started going again and again and again and wee and more poop and more wee I have never seen so much, it made Sundays look tame, little Matilda was shoving wipes and loo roll at me so we could try and control it, in the end I just shoved a nappy on and we got cleaned up then changed her again, not 10 mins later she had filled her nappy again, this time Matilda refused to help me :rofl: hopefully we are getting back to normal now and we can sleep better :haha:

Thanks Maryanne xx
Think might end up combi feeding
But worried about starting it too soon
Before supply established
Xx
Hows henry adjusting to new milk.or too soon to tell?

Lucasmom hurray for giant poops :)
Hope it makes her super settled xx

We had a better night last night. We actually got a stretch of 2.5 hours! Plus he didn't cry at all. I'm thinking my intuition was right. He's still feeding a lot, but they I can deal with as long as he's somewhat settled between feeds. My dd on the other hand had me up all night. She's cutting her molars and don't we all know it. Thanks for that sweetie.

Aw that's fab that he is better already
Should do the trick for him And u now hopefully xxx
Aw hugs.
Teething is awfull!!!
Simon suffered really badly for every tooth.
Only recently has them all
He was very late with teeth.

On the last of my difene
Could prob get more
But gonna see if I can do without now
Prob be a grumpy wagon for a few days :)

Dressed my little guy in 0-3 month clothing for the first time today (a wee Christmas long sleeved vest and tiny jeans) and while it's a little loose it fits. Where has my tiny baby gone? :cry:

Aw cute.
I was excited putting her in the bigger size
But yest I was packing away the newborn stuff
And felt a teeny bit sad

It definitely must have been the milk, he's a different child today. Feel so relieved. Hated seeing him like that. He's fasto at the mo, been sleeping almost 3 hours :)

Hope your feeling ok lilesmom.

I totally felt the same putting him into 0-3 stuff. Cried when I packed away his newborn stuff. Now he's going into 3-6 month stuff and it's even worse.

No better last night still waking every 2 hours for a feed in the night then is all uncomfortable afterwards :wacko: still think there is more to come out Doctor's on Monday for her if she's not gone again and is still not n pain :cry:

Sent Lucas to school today with bright pink hair for funky hair day now my sofa is pink and it won't come off :wacko: OH hasn't noticed it yet and one of Edith's blankets it's placed over it I'm not even sure it will come out with a professional clean :wacko: he looked good though :haha:

Glad henry is much more settled
Fab news.
Xxx

Now hope ediths poops follow xx
So uncomfortable for them if they cant go

Lynanne how ye doin xx

Not too bad here
Still clustered mad today
But started earlier
I gave her topup again this eve so finished earlier too.
I'm gonna pump when I can to try make her topups mine too
And to try up milk to avoid topups
But for now ill use them to save my sanity and my nipples as I need to :)

We have just had a massive poop, I did have a fairly hot chilli for tea last night as I thought it may get things moving :haha: she has just fell asleep after a really long unsettled night so much so I contemplated taking her to A&E :cry: time for me to sleep now

Glad the top ups are working :flower:

Aw poor Edith
Hope she gets more regular soon xxx
Enjoy ur sleep

Connor is an every second day pooper so we are due one today! I sort of wonder if that's why he seems to be having one bad day where he is colicky and doesn't want to be put down, and then a good day. Today should be a good day. Hope Edith becomes more regular and settles down, Lucasmum. Hope you got a good sleep after all.

Lilesmom, do whatever works best for you, Emily (and Simon too) when it comes to feeding. I genuinely believe there is no wrong way to go about feeding whether that be breast, formula or combi. Fed really is best!

Maryanne, I'm so pleased to hear the change of milk has helped! That must be such a nice relief!

DH is out helping my parents all day move furniture from my late great aunt's flat so it's just me, Connor and the dog again. Connor has been perfect this morning though. He let me put him down in his crib while I tidied the bedroom, neatened my wardrobe, changed the bed and put on a washing. It was great! Felt like I was nesting all over again but in reality I'm just trying to clean in preparation for Christmas. Hoping he'll have another nap this afternoon and I can clean the living room and wrap some presents.

Oh no lucusmum. Hope she's ok now and you managed to rest. Did you manage to sort the sofa out?

Hope both your little ones are good today lilesmom. Glad top ups are helping.

Hope your little one is having a good day lynanne. Henry is 5 times a day pooper. But doing a poop makes him angry and he screams and waves his hands around while he's going. It's so funny. He also doesn't like yawning or hiccups :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->