• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Rainbows 2016

The doctors couldn't explain it. My scans were completely normal at the hospital and I'd already had tests at the fertility clinic to make sure it was ok to ttc so it's all a bit of a mystery. I have to have a smear next week to rule out anything sinister but they said it's just precaution. Might never know what went on but to be honest I just want to put it behind me now.

I give presents early too! I find it hard to keep them, so always end up then having to buy more. Glad it's not just me.

Henry's off the charts, in not bothered though. I've always demand fed when I've breast or bottle fed. No way am I leaving my baby hungry. If he asks for milk he gets it.

Honestly I think that so long as baby is eating and gaining some weigt then it doesn't really matter. All our babies are perfect no matter their weight or their point on the percentile line. We haven't had Connor weighed since he had a check at 15 weeks and I honestly don't plan on getting him officially weighed again. He'd been sticking on the 40th percentile line pretty much.

I think he might be teething. He's showing lots of signs: not eating his bottle, restless nights, drooling, chewing on his hands and toys. I'm not seeing teeth buds though but he's got all the other tell tale signs. I hope that if he is then he isn't effected too badly by it.

Maryanne, I feel like it doesn't matter how short a time you are pregnant, how early you lose a pregnancy they are really upsetting. You can't help but get even just a tiny bit hopeful even when you try not to. I hope you are doing okay today.

I give pressies early as well :blush:

We are defo teething, the drool is evil, it's lie some of her pipe works not connected if I didn't know better I'd call a plumber :haha: she's quite keen on the teething gel though

I think Edith's trouble well the reason they are concerned about the slow weight gain, is because she put on reallly well at the start and jumped from just below 50th to 75th, she is back just below 50th, so all they are seeing is this "massive" drop when it's just back to where she started, I will show concern for how she moves up and down the chart once they update their sodding charts, I am the health visitors worst nightmare :haha:

Henry's tooth came through yesterday, the second one isn't far behind. He's drooling like crazy but isnt miserable or grumpy at all. He really is such a good baby. Can't even remember last time he cried. So different to his sister. Probably will never have a baby this good again so I'm going to make the most of it.

Hope everyone had a lovely easter.

Hope ye r all good xxx
No sign of teeth here
But definitely working on them.

Went to open farm today with my sis.
Disaster.
Simes got a yucky fit that wiped him out
So had to leave soon after feeding emily.
She screamed the whole 50 mins home from reflux.
Pulled in and calmed her but bawling again the min back in car
Glad to be back in my sanctuary.
Aka home.
Simon playing with the washing machine.
Em on boob.
All happy xx

I'm sorry you had a rough day lilesmom, is Simon ok now? I feel your pain, Aurora threw an epic tantrum at the park today and screamed non stop for almost two hours. My ears are still ringing from the noise. Chocolate buttons finally stopped it. Terrible twos early I think.

Thanks hon.
He is changing meds still so is a bit all over the place.
I just got envy of all the parents with kids who can walk and play.
Gets me some days.
We r ok,again now.xx

Hurray for buttons
They r great
We use them for casting and appointments here too.
Hee hee.
Xx

I still get days like that lilesmom. Some days I feel so overwhelmed by Zack's disabilities and wish he could lead a more normal life, for him mainly but sometimes for me too as it's so tough somedays. It's hard being a special needs mummy sometimes. Hope your ok now. Hugs

Thanks hon. Xxx
That's exactly it.
Would love if he could have some time just with regular kiddie challenges
Not meds epilepsy cp,
Etc.
Not fair on him all he has to put up with.
This med has him zonked.
He is like a little zombie for half the day.
Can't eat much cos it makes him nauseous too.
I hate that I'm giving y him the stuff that does this to him.
But without it he wouldn't be here.
He should adjust
But I just hate seeing him suffer.
Xxx

How u doing xxx.
Hope u r holding up OK xxx

Your a fantastic mum and your doing what's best for him. He's very lucky to have you.

I'm ok. Trying not to dwell on things and carry on. Almost back to fertile days again, it's come around really fast. Hoping we have better luck this month.

Thanks xx

Hugs hon.
Hope u get sticky bfp. Xxx
It did seem to come round quickly.
Best of luck hon xxx

I know I'm the only FTM here but does anyone else feel like weaning is a complete minefield? Or rather did any of you? We haven't started weaning him yet but seeing as he is 5 months tomorrow I'm starting to look into it more and more. Planning on starting weaning in the next month or so. Ideally I'd like to do BTW but I don't actually know where to begin. I wouldn't be opposed to a bit of a combination though. My sister does jars and pouches about 95% of the time with her 11 month old so I can't really ask her about it and I don't have anyone else to give me lots of info. Even now my neice only has tiny little pieces of solid foods - not much bigger than a crumb. BLW seems to be way bigger things like carrot sticks and stuff but that sounds scary/makes me worry I'd be doing something wrong. Stupid I know.

Can anyone enlighten me to the best first foods? Best finger foods for a 6 month old?

I can't to give much advice on babyled as it's never worked for either of my other two so didn't attempt it with Henry. Aurora almost choked herself and with zack it delayed his weaning massively as he couldn't figure it out so we just do homemade purée and will gradually thicken it up over time. Around 6 months I will start giving finger foods too, pieces of banana, toast, cucumber, rice cakes and let him experiment with them. I think the main thing with baby led weaning is to remember at the start the won't eat what you give them. It's a slow process and just letting them figure out how to eat by themselves. They will gag, but that's apparently how they learn. I couldn't cope with it though as I'm too much of a worrier. We were very lucky with Aurora, once we stopped babyled and went to homemade purée she was weaned really easily, by ten months she was eating what we were.

I've weaned Simon and was still nervous this time round do don't feel bad.
U want to be as relaxed as poss
Pick a good time, baby not too hungry
But not overly full.
Don't mind mess.
Babies love it and look soo cute covered by food.
Hee hee
I've always done purees first.
Then let them taste or suck on my food as I think they become able.
My biggest mistake was thinking I had to get them onto food too fast.
Of they skip a day when starting out, don't stress
They only need milk for ages.
Old saying, food before one is just for fun.
Hope that didn't come across preachy.
Just done stuff I found helped me.
Ye will do great xxx

Just ordered opk an preg test.
Broody still here
So might just jump in.
Now to sound out oh hee hee
No af but my sis got bfp before it

OMG lilesmom are you ttc too now? That would be awesome. You should go for it. Close age gaps are amazing. It's my o day today, praying for a sticky one this month. Although dreading being in the tww again, it drags so much!

I wanted to be ttc too.
But oh said no
Think he thought I wasn't serious
But I am.
I'm staying home lots with two.
So I may as well have 3.
I'm going to talk to him properly when I get a chance.
Probably won't get bfp without af anyway.
But be good to let it up to nature.

Really hope u get sticky bfp this month hon.
U deserve it soo much xxx
How r ye all

Thanks Hun. Maybe have a more serious discussion about it. I honestly think if you think you can manage then go for it! I'd prefer to raising mine all together rather than spacing them out. If we get a bfp this time then I'm saying this will be my last although DH I know would love 5. I think I would too if it wasn't for the low egg count and the losses. I had honestly forgotten how hard it was.

Yeah I'm afraid to wait.
It took us two years and 3 losses after si to hve emily.
So if we waited and repeat then it might not happen.
I do know I want third really.
Was thinking of waiting but honestly think it might be easier sooner while both still relatively small.
Then when school comes around they all be close ehough.
Rather than getting some to school and starting over at same time.
We have all the stuff
I'm in the swing of milky boobs and waky nights.
I know I'll have days I'll think I was crazy
But u get that even with one
Hee hee

Our memories r short.
I've almost convinced myself I never had mc a at all
Hugs.
Hope this month is good to u xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads