November Rainbows 2016

I should get scan somewhere around the 16 weeks
But I'm waiting to be picked up at the high risk clinic
Here they send everyone normal for the booking
Then refer u to high risk.
I'll give it this week to get my letter cos I really think I should get it this week
I've half forgotten with ds
How long it took
Amazing how much I forget!!
But its only mini scan
And they couldn't tell us then with ds
Um..... :)

Just checked and the good private place near me doesn't do gender scans until 18/19 weeks.
Thought it would be 16
That feels ages away and too close to anatomy scan to pay out
Doh!!

In our clinic your meant to have a your first consultant appointment at 16 weeks but my first one isn't till the 17th and I will be 18 weeks by then. I get a quick scan but no way would they tell me the gender, so that's why we booked ours.

Awww no, that sucks :(

They wouldn't tell me gender at 16 week quick scan with Simon either.
They said bad angle
Depends on who u meet though
Hoping I meet someone who will this time
Could hve been bad angle too
But I think they didn't want to get it wrong :)
Yeah if I could get private at 16 weeks I prob would hve booked it I think
Could always hve cancelled if hosp one came in meantime

I don't get my fetal anomaly scan until the first of July (3 weeks on Friday!) and that's when we are hopefully going to find out the gender. I know that the scan is more about checking on the health of baby but I can't bare the idea of waiting until November to find out so we'll just ask. I'm pretty sure they will at least attempt to find out for us. If we can't find out the gender, whether it be due to an uncooperative baby or midwife, then we'll get a private gender scan. I don't see the point in paying for a scan if we don't necessarily have to!

Ok took a few pics in work whilst cleaning someones bathroom of my lump/bump today in the process off working out how to up load them bear with me we could be here a while :haha:

Had to tuck my top under my boobies as it really makes lump/bump just look even more like flab than it already is :blush:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 9
See you have a lovely bump Lucusmum! I'm loving my bump cause it's stretching all my flab out, for now anyway. I better Make the most of it before I get my mummy pouch back lol

I have just completed the last unit in my NVQ :happydance:

I have until Sept to finish but really cant be bothered dragging it out just a math exam I'm hoping I can do tomorrow when I see my assessor not looking forward to it but once its done its done :wacko:

Our next appointment is June 23..two weeks! I'm getting so impatient to find out the sex. We are big planners, so not being able to plan all of this out drives me crazy. The weather here was beautiful today. I harvested greens for a while but spent most of my time cleaning veggies. The farm owner said I can stay in there most days. It'll be out of the sun, require no heavy lifting, and it's close to the bathroom. :)

Great bump Lucasmom! <3

Lynanne hope those three weeks fly for u xx
I asked at every scan with Simon :)
Eventually one said thinks he was a boy
After three different scan people said they think boy
We thought prob safe enough its a boy :)
We still didn't buy blue stuff though.
Just in case.
I heard one girl be told at 9 scans its a girl.
Had Disney princess room done up.
To hve a boy .
Whoops :)

Lucas mom ur bump is lovely hon xx
Congrats on finishing
That's fab.
U goin to celebrate?
X

Maryanne I always felt with ds I looked preg rather than bigger.
Liked my tummy being there for a good reason too.
But this time I feel chubbier even though I'm not
Not sure why.
I'm a bit better today cos yest my sis says she reckons I've lost weight other than my tummy obvs :)
I hve been walking lots
Think its changing shape
Cos my scales is the same :)
Should just ignore scales till after bub
:)
I'm rambling now .

Hmmohmra glad u can do easier work on the farm.
Def better off xx
I've never heard of that exchange with a farm
But it makes sense for both sides
Nice fresh food for u
Nearly free labour for farmer.
Great idea

Hope alls well.
In feeling like second tri now properly.
No nausea anymore.
Have more energy mostly.
And I can find always with Doppler now
But I only use it once a week.

Hope alls well with ye ladies xx

More energy lilesmom? Give me some. I'm exhausted!! I'm really struggling today. Thought it was meant to get easier in second tri!

Glad you got an easier job on the farm. I've never heard of it before either. I'm in the UK though. Do you do it every year?

Good luck with your exam tomorrow lucusmum!

I'm pretty tired this eve :)
But we did a lot yest and today.
Id be tired anyway.
Since the upping of thyroid meds kicked in I do feel much more normal :)
Wish I could magic u some :)

Got my letter for next appointment
4th July.
Feels a long time away but it will come round
Will be 18 +2 so hoping they might tell me gender then
Def later than I was seen with Simon.
But hopefully it goes fast

I completed it :happydance: the math exam was so hard but with a little help from others I'm I've done enough to pass :happydance:

I have just realised we go away tomorrow and I still havent done any washing:blush: I think the neighbours may well hate me my machine sounds like a rocket taking off but its going on shortly :haha:

I wish I had more energy but after working 18 days in a row I feel within my rights to be knackered :wacko: I now have 3 days off and I get to spend them driving halfway across the country (may be a slight exaggeration)and sitting in an ice rink with Lucas' first match Sat morning being at 0725 meaning be at the rink for 0630 :dohh: Why cant my child play a nice game of Sunday afternoon cricket :haha:

Fingers crossed they might be able to see lilesmom! Do you have any idea what your having??

Yey well done lucusmum! Best of luck to your son! Although I don't envy you having to drive so far in this heat!

Well it's started, I can no longer get comfortable in bed. Laying here listening to DH bloddy snoring while I'm wide awake. Maternity pillow time I think.

Its supposed to rain tomorrow :wacko: It can wait till the afternoon as I now of a load of washing I need to get dry in the morning, I'm so disorganised :haha:

I hate the uncomfy in bed I'm not at that stage yet but I get some lovely sharp pains when I try and turn over to quick

Anybody who worked 18 days in a row would be tired
Hugs
I think that's normal tired.
I think ur amazing to be able to do that while preg.
Hope the matches go well.
God they start early don't they!!

Maryanne I thought boy in the start
Then thought girl :)
Now I don't really know
Still half thinking girl
But I'm always wrong on gender guessing :)

Yeah I'm still fine for sleep
But I'm behind ye a bit.
I do sleep with my duvet rolled up under my tummy though
But more to protect from ds stray legs :)

My high risk consultant is same as I had with ds
It makes me nervous.
i never met her last time until after failing induction and ds stroke.
I think if she had made the call to srction
It never would hve happened.
I'm nervous to go with her again.
Should I ask to change ?
I'm afraid if I do ill be treated badly
I'm afraid if I don't she will make a stupid decision
To defend her last stupid decision last time.

Lilesmom if your not happy change. I changed consultants last time after one was extremely rude to me and reduced me to tears and I wasn't happy about her providing my care anymore. It was fine. Made a a complaint, they changed me over to a different doctor and no one ever treated me badly because of it. You have to be happy with who's looking after you, and to be honest if I was in your position Id be unhappy seeing her again too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->