November Rainbows 2016

Lucasmum, well done you. I hope your Lucas' team does well. Have a lovely time! I'm a ice hockey fan myself and I'm really missing the ice hockey at the moment while it is the off season.

maryanne, I'm still doing okay for the sleep thing. If I am honest, I am absolutely dreading becoming uncomfortable in bed and the potential third trimester insomnia! I feel like I've been sleeping so well lately that I think it's because I'm going to be punished in third tri! :haha:

lilesmom, I think that if you want to change your consultant then you should. The most important thing here is that you are comfortable and happy with the care that you are getting.

I'm so sick of these horrible, vivid dreams of miscarrying that I keep having. I always wake up in such a panic, so disorientated and thinking the absolute worse. This morning DH had to reassure me that everything is okay with this baby and as far as we are aware there is nothing whatsoever to worry about. They're just really horrible though.

I'm glad it is almost the weekend, even if the weather has decided to return to typical Scottish cloudiness! I just need a day with the DH and maybe family on Sunday!

I would strongly advise changing, although I'm sure she wouldnt be so stupid twice the stress and worry its going to cause you isnt worth it in itself its not good for you or bubs :hugs::hugs:

Lynanne my son would adore you he loves anyone interested in his sport especially as its not so popular in this country

I'm the exact same lynanne! I made a thread about it a few weeks back. Apparently it's pretty normal but doesn't make it any easier to deal with. I wake up screaming and crying hysterically and it takes poor DH ages to calm me down and convince me it was a dream. Never had dreams like this before. Hope they stop soon!

Thanks ladies.
Ye make me feel like its a rational decision, not a knee jerk one.
Xx

Hugs
Those dreams sound awfull.
I hve had them before but not recently
And not recurring constantly.
Huge hugs ladies xxx
Hope they fade away for ye really soon xxx

Best of luck Lucas xx

Man I'm feeling crappy today
Just snoozed for nearly hour and half
First half with ds
Second on my own
Feel like I could sleep another 20 hrs!!!
Jellybean has moved up over my pubic bone fully.
I can feel where it is now from outside.
( not movement , just my uterus)
I'm liking feeling progress though :)

I'm gonna switch cons alright.
Think ill go to my next app and ask to switch at it
If I ring to switch I'm afraid it might push my app out more.
Id prefer to keep my 4th July date :)

Hope alls well ladies xx

I'm sorry your not feeling great lilesmom. I feel better today now the weather is cooler. Just come back from shopping for some maternity clothes. Feel like a proper pregnant lady now. Although im a bit concerned that my bump was bigger than the woman serving us and she was having her baby in 3 weeks :/

I bought something for little Henry too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1
I'm better now after a sleep and a walk.
Think the week just caught up with me :)
Thanks xx

Aw that is super cute :)
I haven't bought any baby grow or anything yet.
After anatomy scan ill prob start
Or sooner now u put the idea in my head
Hee hee :)

With ds people used to ask how preg I was
Id get silence when I told them
Or are u sure its not twins
Cheeky :)
Everyone carries differently.
I had lots of fluid with ds
Nice and happy swimming away.
Id prefer to hve lots than too little xx

I wasn't that self concious about it untill today. I always carry big, and it technically is my 18th pregnancy so my muscles are super stretched out. Just getting fed up of people's comments to be honest. Only so many yes you can hear 'you're huge!' In one day before it starts getting upsetting. I find it really rude.

Glad your feeling better now! I started shopping after we found out the gender. Before then all I bought was the car seat. I'm finding it's helping me be a little more excited and connected with my bump. With week 18 coming up, the week I lost tabitha ive been a bit of a nervous wreck so shopping is helping me take my mind off it.

Stupid strangers!!!
U hve a lovely bump
Don't mind them xxx
People can be soo cheeky
I've been told by mainly older women that my ds is cranky
Cos he doesn't like them pulling and poking at him!!!
Soo tempted to do it to them,
Ruffle their hair or flap their hands and go say hi, say hi loudly into their faces :)
I think they might not like it either
Hee hee.
Id love to go , actually he cant really talk cos he had a huge stroke at birth.
Just might make them think.
Sorry I'm off on a tangent of rude silly people :)
Hugs .
Don't mind them. Xx

Ur so right to bond in any way u can
Drs r looking after u well,
Hopefully all goes well for u this time
But I totally understand the fear xxx
Hugs xx

People don't understand disabilities. Zack is verbal now, (he was non verbal till 4 though) but he really doesn't like strangers. If people talk to him he hides begind me or his dad. Then I get the 'he's rude' comments. No he's not rude, he's autistic. He isn't good in social situations except for with people he knows in places he knows. I'd love to see their faces if you did that though lol.

Simes is similar.
He only likes people if he feels safe
Outside his comfort zone he shuts down from people.
People can be way too pushy with kids
If it was me, id think adult or smallies, they don't hve to talk to me if they seem to not want to .
But some people just cant take the very obvious hints Simon gives them :)
It's encouraging to me to hear Zack started talking at 4.
Simes has some words but very few.
Still hopefull he will start chatting to me someday :)
Can Zack speak very well now?
Its very frustrating for them when they cant say what they need or feel

He never shuts up now lilesmom! Literally talks non stop. Still has speech and language therapy as he struggles with with how to pronounce some sounds properly but he's done so well. He literally said no words but made sounds up till 4. I love hearing him chatter away now, I feel so lucky. Hopefully Your little man will be the same!

Aw that's fab!!
I actually hve tears in my eyes reading it :)
U must be soo proud of him.
Well done to ye both xx
Here's hoping ill hve a chatterbox on my hands someday too

Lucasmom, sorry for being behind, but congrats on your test! What are you working toward?

lilesmom, I'm with everyone else. You shouldn't even have to give them a reason. Switch because it makes you happy. I think waiting until the appointment is a great idea. Also, my niece was completely non-verbal until 4. She didn't start speaking in sentences until 5 and is 6 now and still delayed. It doesn't hold her back though. She has learned how to communicate. I also see how peers have an easier time communicating with kids with language delays than adults. When I taught kindergarten I would sometimes not understand a child and another child could tell me exactly what the other child was trying to say. Good luck with your boy!

I've been working on the farm in exchange for food for a couple years. I do it spring, summer, and fall. It is a great program, and it is very close to my house

I've been napping every day for three days for at least 2 hours, and I've had the worst headache all day. :( DH and I went to infant Cpr class today though, and that was nice. :)

Thanks hon xxx
I will switch.
I just wouldn't feel happy or be able to trust her decisions if I didn't

Great to hear about your niece too.
Glad she is doing so well x

One of my nieces loves Simon
He is one of the few kids he will allow hug and kiss him :)
He is a little in love with her I think.
Lovely to see
Cos he mostly has no interest in other kids.

I've been tired again last few days too.
A lot of my headaches stopped when I started wearing sunglasses outside
And started wearing my normal glasses more.
Happened with ds too.
I only wear them from driving normally
But when preg I need to wear them more.
Went back to normal after having him.
Not sure if that might help u or not.

Also could be iron dipping.
Mine dipped around mid preg with simon
I usually hve higher side of the range iron stores.

Yeah. I'm worried it might be iron. I'm still taking my vitamins, and I ate beef yesterday. I slept for about 6 hours yesterday afternoon, and then I was right back in bed from 11pm-8am. We ate breakfast and did a little yard work, and now I'm right back lying on the couch. I just have no energy the last two days....well only in short spurts. I'm also craving cake, lol, but I haven't eaten any. Just want this next week and a half to fly by to get to the anatomy scan! I'm so impatient.

If its bub depleting ur iron stores
Its hard to eat enough to bring them back up.
Could u get them checked?
I was put on ferritin c.
Type of iron ( I couldn't take the other ones , wrecked my tummy)
With vit c, to help absorption
I was craving meat, tired and getting headaches.
Sounds similar to u
Hope u feel better soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"