November Rainbows 2016

Fantastic news Maryanne :happydance:

Lilesmom hope the little mans rash is OK, yeah to being over half way :flower:

Consultant appointment went well she is happy not to see me again till 28 weeks diabetic appointment also went well though they want to see me at 24 weeks :flower:

Remember the fetal dopplar from facebook she finally got in touch today so we went and collected its just as crappy as I remember :haha: We did manage to pick up the heart beat briefly 3 times but she is a little sod Lucas got to hear but every time OH tried to listen we lost it, my belly hurts now though from pressing so hard :blush:

Picked a few bits today that Lucas chose he is so excited :cloud9: The snow suit was a real bargain only £7 in the sale at Boots :happydance:

Attachments

• bc1.jpg
    bc1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2
  • bc2.jpg
    bc2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
  • ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1
Awww Lucusmum we had that purple snow suit for dd last winter! It's so pretty on and they wash really well! I was that in love with it that I put it away im case this baby was a girl, although I'm not sure henry would look right in it lol. So glad your appointment went well and you found a heartbeat

I assumed it was last years for that price I dont think she will mind last years fashion :haha: As soon as I saw it I had to have it, it was the only one and thankfully in 0-3 months :cloud9: I have a stunning mamas and papas snow suit from Lucas its 10 years old and in a box its possibly very moth eaten by now by I havent the heart to throw it as my dad bought it and he has since passed away

It's the prettiest snowsuit ive ever seen, I don't care what years it is! If we have more children after this one and ever have another girl then we will be using it again. Thats really sweet that you still have that snowsuit, must mean a lot to you. Mamas and papas stuff is so lovely! I feel sad that I didn't keep anything from ds to pass to henry but I really didn't think we would have more children and having baby stuff in the house upset me. I have his first outfit and other bits but they are too precious to use again.

How is everyone today, I have a banging head ache from the heat we need thunder for it to clear :cry:

Had a nice day today though wandered into town had some lunch whilst catching Pokemons :haha: Then went to a mums nearly new sale never been to one before wasnt expecting much but came home with our pram, we got a Quinny Buzz car seat carry cot and all kinds of bits with it in a fabulous condition for £90 the only thing missing the cosy toes so I went on ebay tonight and won one for £9.50, extremely happy with that.

Lucas the delightful little dot he can be had a temper tantrum earlier and kicked a stone missed and managed to break my toe, OH proceeded to stand on it and told me off for making a fuss and tonight the cat went psycho because of the heat and bit that toe :dohh: so sat here now and tried to strap my toe but we didnt have any tape so I've cut up loads of dressings and fashioned a splint I dont think I'll pass any nursing exams for it but it will do till I can get to the chemist tomorrow :blush:

Glad u got lots of baby bits xx
Exciting all the planning x

Ouchie on your toe .
Hope ur better soon xx

That's awesome lucusmum! You seem great at finding bargins. Hope you toe is better soon, sounds painful.

I feel like death today. My lovely dd passed on her sickness bug to me. Dh is taking good care of me though. Think I'm feeling a bit of baby movement which is nice though. 23 weeks today!!! 1 more week till viability.

Hope everyone else is well.

Hope u feel better soon hon xx

I'm sitting by a pool in a spa
After getting massage and facial :)
Happy me :)
Couldn't hve come at a better time.
Ds been up the walls with med change.
And I've driven myself crazing obsessing over section or not.
Had a bit of a meltdown the other night.
So the day at the spa will bring me back to me :)

Hadn't felt bub much yest and this morn
But he was moving loads fir second half of the treatment.
Was nice :)
I know its too early to be consistent just yet
But the niggles d creep in more when u cant feel stuff xx

Hope ye r all good xx

Hey girls, hope everyone is doing well.

I'm just about to jump into tackling more stuff in the baby's room while DH is out at training this afternoon. It was looking lovely and tidy yesterday until I started pulling stuff out of the last section of the room and now it looks like a bomb has hit it! I feel like I'm going round in circles! Still, it's almost ready for painting. :happydance:

Last week my mum passed on a bunch of baby clothes that she had kept from having all of us. It's amazing just how lovely the condition of these clothes are considering my youngest sisters are turning 19 in September and some of the clothes date back much further than that! Also, considering my parents only had six girls and not one boy I've ended up with a considerable amount of clothes suitable for a boy! I don't think we will be buying much clothing ourselves for a while!

It's my birthday on Tuesday and I'm a bit upset at DH as he never thought to bother taking it off work. Petty I know but pregnancy has made me unreasonable! In the entire time we have been together this will be the first birthday we haven't spent the entire day together so it's got me feeling sad. I know, I know, I'm turning 27 not 7! He works with his dad who has told him he can "get away early" after he does a specific delivery but there is no telling how long that will take. Honestly I'll be surprised if he is home before 4pm which sort of makes it all pointless. Oh well.

A spa day sounds amazing I'm not at all jealous :haha:

Had my own special kind of spa day here it consisted of no work, no on call phone, Lucas and OH letting me lie in till 10.10, not getting dressed till 10 mins ago and slobbing out playing family games on the xbox bliss it really is :cloud9:

Maryanne I love a bargain, we arent the wealthiest of people so anything I can get cheap or free really helps us out, I've put a stop on the spending for now we bought a few more bits in the tesco sale yesterday no where near enough clothes but I've still rent and bills to pay at the end of the month, if I carry on it will be the best dressed baby girl living in a card board box :haha:

I think we have all our big bits now, we have been given the cot we have the travel system and OH's mum has bought us a bouncer chair, we only have a 2 bed flat so no need for other furniture until we can move, its just a case of sorting it all out now and rearranging our room to get the cot in which means poor Lucas loses some floor space from his room as I need to put a chest of draws in there from ours.

Lynanne how amazing you have clothes from all those years ago, I dont suppose baby fashion has changed a great deal over the years, I would also be annoyed with OH if he went to work on my birthday pregnant or not :blush: Good luck with the sorting and painting :flower:

Happy bday for Tues Lynanne. Xx
Hope he gets home early .

Lucas mom sounds like a lovely day too
Peace and quiet and some u time
Is the best pressie xx

I'm half waiting till after anatomy scan
To buy most stuff
I don't hve loads to get anyway
Hve lots from ds.
Hve change table, cot and all toys and stuff
Getting car seat off my sis.
Moses basket back off sil
Hve buggy , just need cosy nest bit for it.
Need new matress for Moses basket.
Hve no clothes hardly
I gave them all away after each mc.
I've lots of nieces and nephews so prob get clothes

Wow enjoy your spa day lilesmom! You deserve it! I'm not all all jealous! Lol

That's amazing she kept clothes from all that time ago. So lovely to pass things down like that. All I had passed down was my christening gown for auroras christening. Good luck with getting the room done. I'm having similar issues trying to get everything sorted, just seem to be making more mess. I'm in full on nesting mode at the moment. Oh and I'd be super annoyed too if dh worked on my birthday. I don't think your over reacting at all. I make sure he books mine and the kids birthdays off every year. I'd go crazy if he didn't. He agreed to work overtime today and i gave him a super hard time over it. I even made him sleep on the sofa over it on Friday when he told me. Don't mess with a hormonal crazy pregnant lady.

Hope you enjoyed your lie in lucusmum. How's the toe?

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only crazy one who thinks birthdays should be spent together. I had asked him last week if he was planning on taking it off and he went "ugh... With us just coming back from holiday and all the midwife/scan hospital appointments I've been taking off..." I actually just cried (thanks hormones!) Firstly, he took a week's holiday because he is entitled to holidays and his dad (who he works for) sort of insisted he take one to have a break. Secondly, nine times out of ten the appointments have been first thing in the morning so he's in work by 10:30 at the latest or he's taken a half day - once? We could go into the fact that he doesn't get a scheduled lunch break so he can't actually "make up time" for those little late days. Also, he wants to be at those appointments after all we've been through. He makes that decision not me. Thirdly, it's his baby as well as mine, he is allowed to want to know what is going on. And lastly, it's his bloody dad he works for, not some hard ass stranger who doesn't know our situation or whatever. I thought maybe he would ask after I reacted the way I did but he didn't and so when I got upset again (hormones!) he half heartedly asked to get away early on Tuesday. So now I'll have to spend my birthday alone, waiting around for him to come home, probably no earlier than about 4pm and it's meant to be a really lovely hot summer's day as well. I'm so cross and upset!

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.

As for the clothes my mum has passed on, some of them I wore! Baby clothes are pretty timeless though to be fair. It's a lot of unisex onesies or vests but she has given me two gorgeous pairs of blue dungarees and a cute little blue jacket! Adorable. I even have my cot bedding from when I was a baby and you wouldn't know it wasn't new!

There is a dress that my parents bought when they had my eldest sister (she's 36 now) that all my sisters and even my niece (born this year) wore as our first dress! If little monkey had been a girl then he would have followed the tradition but unfortunately not! I know I'm also getting all my sisters neutral stuff from my niece and my SIL has two boys and says she has lots of clothes to pass on. With all these hand me downs and no doubt some presents we will get when he is born we aren't going to need to buy clothes!!

Your totally not overreacting. I probably wouldnt be as calm as you are. Men are idiots sometimes, even the nice ones that don't mean to be. They don't think like us and thats the issue. Its your last birthday before you become a mum and the last one with just the two of you so you have every right to be upset. Maybe you could spend the day with family or friends, I know it won't be the same but at least you won't be alone then. Maybe go out and do something. Tuesday is meant to be the nicest day of the year so far. Gonna take the the kids to the beach for the day.

The toe is what Lucas described as "funky colours" Ive re strapped it tonight, mainly because I took it off earlier as it was annoying me and Lucas proceeded to trample on it again I swear he is the most clumsiest child ever unless he is wearing ice skates :wacko:

It must be a boy thing. Dd is the same! Hope it heals for you soon.

So consultant phoned me today. Remember I said baby was large for dates at Friday's scan, well he's estimated to be 2lbs 3oz already! That means he's on track to be an 11 pounder if I go to term. I know growth scans can be off and baby can slow down later on. My dd grew fast and then slowed at the end but I'm still a bit terrified! Lol. Thought he looked big on the scans. He a little chub. Gotta have the dreaded GT test now, was hoping to not have to do it this time.

Wow ��
He be a big boy.
I was warned ds be really big from scans
He was a week early
But was only 7 9.
They were estimating much more.
He was tall so his bones were long.
Which threw them off.
But if he had gone overdue I suppose he would hve been big enough alright.
But not like they were thinking
Hope ur bub is not too big
But is just nice and healthy big :)
But not too big for momma :)

Thanks lilesmom. Zack was big early but as my placenta stopped working properly he lost weight and then they decided he needed to get out so was quickly induced. Dd wasn't as big as they thought she would be. She was 7lbs 12 and was born at 38 weeks. They said she would have been in the 9lb range if I'd gone to term which isn't too bad. This one is so much bigger than my other two at scans at the same stage though. I'm hoping he slows down a bit. Like you said big but not too big is ok. He's just really lazy and fat, that's what's been wrong this whole time lol.

You enjoy your spa day?

How are you ladies holding up in the heat?

Was it today that was your birthday Lynanne? If so happy birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->