November Rainbows 2016

It's a lucky thread too though
Cos with all our past histories,
We r still here and pregnant
Hve to remind myself of that lots last few days :)

Mouse leaked last night so up at 4.30.
Thought it was great craic :)
But we dud get back to bed at 6.
He slept until ten!!!
Threatened to wake a few times but didnt
I was in heaven. :)
Longest lie in ever.
I usually hve to wake him for meds the very odd day he did sleep in
But he had them before going back to bed.
Shortens today too :)

Oh is back Monday but not till night time
We will be in bed.
Hve my scan Tues
So I'm gonna escape for a bit.
Gonna add something nice into it too
Like a swim or something.
Just alone time :)
The week has gone pretty fast for all my moaning :)

He us never allowed away if I'm pregnant again though
Hee hee

Hope alls,well with ye xxx

Are ye all bf?
I was very sure I was.
But starting to Qs it now.
Thinking how difficult it will be with Simon too.
Starting to think bf for a bit
But maybe switch to combo if its too rough
I know I shouldn't go into it thinking I might quit
But also don't want to feel too much pressure in it.

Maryanne I think unless my consultant says he doesn't advise it

I'm gonna ask to be induced a little early and if that doesn't work quick enough.
Then section.
I kind of want to try without a section anyway
I've a feeling it will work thus time
But not sure if wishful thinking or real :)
Addressing that to u just cos u hve similar decision to make.
That's what I want now unless some other indication pops up in the meantime

Gonna try reflexology for last week r two as well I think

Lilesmom, I won't be BFing for my own reasons. I'm an incredibly anxious person and while I would love to BF for all the health benefits I know that it will do nothing for my mental health. Being the sole provider of food, having to do all the feeds no matter how tired, uncomfortable etc I feel just wont be good for me. I know that might sound a little selfish. If it's not good for me then it wont be good for my little man and I'd hate to feel frustrated or resentful towards him. Plus, for me, there is just something about knowing exactly how much he's eating that will ease the anxiety.

Obviously I'm not anti BFing, I would if I thought i could do it without having a breakdown, but I've made my decision based on what I think is best for me and therefore best for my baby and family. I think every woman should be able to do the same. If that means you're considering combi feeding from the get go, go for it. Do what is best for you.

Glad you got a lie in, you deserve it! Bet you can't wait for him to come home now. I really need to think what I'm going to be doing, but it's just stressing me out so much at the moment, I'm so worried about making the wrong decision and it effecting baby. My appointment with the trama midwife should be here soon so hopefully she will give me some insight and advise me on the best way for baby to come into the world. I so just want him here now. I just don't want to make the wrong desicion and live to regret it.

I will be breastfeeding cause I'm still breastfeeding dd. Hopefully going to tandem feed if my body can cope. Dd isn't ready for weaning yet. As long as baby is fed and happy though then I don't think it matters how they are fed. My son wasn't breastfed as he was in intensive care after he was born and the stress stopped my milk coming in. He's healthy though and we never had any less of a bond as I didn't breastfeed. I wouldn't stress yourselves over it. Breastfeeding is wonderful but it's also a lot harder than I ever expected.

I will breast feed, I fed Lucas till he was 17 months and only stopped for medical reasons it was horrific weaning him when he wasnt ready :cry: I did try and express with Lucas but got bored after a while so gave up, I'm planning to express after a 4 weeks this time so Lucas and OH can feed her only doing this as Lucas is desperate to feed her :dohh:

I should add I was one of the rare lucky ones with B/F we didnt have one single issue I'm not expecting it to be so easy again but it would be nice :flower:

I've nothing against F/F so long as baby is happy and healthy who cares how they get fed :flower:

Awww that's lovely lucusmum. I want to let Aurora self wean, she's no where near ready yet, must have been tough stopping when neither of you were ready. Our breastfeeding journey wasn't so easy, Aurora had a bad lip tie, reflex and I suffered with mastitis quite a few times in the early days. Plus had surgery twice in the first two weeks to repair damage after birth. But once we had found a good latch we were away. The first few weeks were so difficult though for me and Aurora. So proud that I stuck with it though. Its something that I really wanted to achieve.

How are you going to express? I still am rubbish at expressing. Considering an electric pump. I only manage two ounces in half an hour with a normal one.

Lynanne u don't sound selfish at all
Happy momma, happy baby xxx
It is incredibly demanding being sole provider or it feels like sole carer xxx
If u know it would stress u out
Then its totally the right decision for u and bub xxx
Nothing wrong with formula xx

I think I might combo feed early
But I know it can be a slippery slope to abandoning bf :)
We will see.
Last time Simon was having problem latching
Didn't know but he had broken shoulder and was having a stroke!!
So no wonder :)
Then he was in neo for 8 days.
I tried bf after, sometimes he latched really well
Other times not,
I got really sore
And my supply couldn't keep up with him
So I ended expressing and combo feeding him.
Which was fine for two mnths
But its really time consuming
Cos u hve all the work of bf , formula and expressing.
I stopped after I got mastitis
I just had enough, I was wrecked.
I think maybe I'm just scared it will "fail" again.

But no reason why it should
So ill try anyways
Cos I do want to.
But afraid ill hve no time for Simon too.

Wasn't finished typing
But mouse decided I was :)

Maryanne I got a hosp grade pump last time
But this time ill hve the medela swing electric
Its a great little pump
Had it at the end last time too

Lucas mom sorry u were forced to wean
That's sucky
But great job on keeping going so long xx

The way I'm looking at the decision now is that either way could be right or wrong
But I can only rely on my feelings and my gut instinct.
I'll take in all info and Drs advice and whatever feels right ill go with.
We cant tell the future
So its not our fault if something did god forbid go a bit wrong
It could happen either choice we make.
Hugs
I'll prob be freaked out again in a a week or two
But I'm ok about it for now :)

I had a bog standard advent hand pump, it was a bit time consuming but I was able to get good amounts and was freezing, as I said I was very lucky no issues anywhere and one hell of a good supply, if I'm half as lucky this time I will be thankful

Hope u are that lucky hon x
No reason why u shouldn't be
hope I'm that lucky this time too
Id love if it just worked for us :)

Got a good walk in this morn.
Rained all day test
So only got one yucky rainy walk.
That I cut short cos it was so wet and miserable.
Its ok here now but cloudy
Meant to be a washout later too
So needed to get put while we could.

My friend is coming to visit with her little nephew today
Then just one more day left to scan and Oh
Hurray

I cant believe you already got a walk in I've only just got out of bed :blush:

Had a nice day out yesterday, we took the kite out and spent ages trying to fly it but there want quite enough wind to keep it up for long still the boys had fun while I watched and then we had a cream tea each :flower:

Today is the day Lucas is going to his nans for the week :happydance::happydance: not excited about the peace or anything :haha:

Hope everyone is well today? :)

We are swimming today. Well I'm not cause of this stupid cast but DH is in the pool with the kids and I'm sat watching on the side. Weather is so bad here so can't do much.

Awww enjoy your time to yourself lucusmum!

Bet your so excited about your scan lilesmom, mine isn't till Friday and I'm counting the days!

We had a major catastrophe :wacko:

Lucas forgot to pick up his beloved toy cat whom he has never been apart from "Little Stan" he has honestly been everywhere with us he even has his own passport :haha: Anyway Little Stan is here and i have to Facetime everyday so he can see he is OK and send Facebook messages from him, like I'm gonna remember to do that:blush:

He isnt worried about not sleeping without him (nor am I, I'm not there :haha:) just worried how Little Stan will cope with out him :dohh:

I offered to post him (he has been in the post once before) but we had major melt down in case he gets lost in the post, but did decide I could send him by pet courier :dohh: Not happening he gets second class post in an envelope or nothing so thats why facetime and facebook has to happen, please tell me its not just my child and yours would make ridiculous demands aswell and you would find yourself facetiming with your son and stuffed cat :shrug:

Just in from buying our pram! We decided to go for the Joie Chrome in damson as not only was it a great price but it was the one we liked the most. Feeling pretty chuffed as it is our first big purchase so it has made everything seem that much more real, like we are really doing this! Very exciting.

Thats what we were going for until we found the quinny buzz second hand at price to good to miss I do love the one you have though :flower:

A whole week Lucas mom , sweet :)
Enjoy xx
Oh oh about Stan.
Id be afraid he get lost in the post too
If he us that special.
Happy facetime haha

Pool sounds good Maryanne
Might take squish tomorrow
Really should be taking him
He loves it bur its a lot of lifting

Hurray for pram.
Be nice reminders to look at for next few months xxx

No need here
My friend stayed ages
Was nice

Doesn't feel like scan is nearly here.
I've been so busy didn't notice the two weeks going

Ih no lucusmum! I totally get what your going through. Zack has a little brown dog hammy that goes everywhere with him. It's like his comforter. I could not imagine what would happen if they were separated. It would be meltdown central. The face timing is a great idea. I hope it works for you.

It's a fabulous Pram Lynanne. We had the joie in damson when our bugaboo had to go in for repair. We were meant to sell it afterwards but I loved it so much I held on to it. I always find Pram shopping so much fun!

How's your back now lilesmom?

Sounds like everyone has had a good day, Stan has been out for a carvery with us or so Lucas believes OH is a whizz with photoshop :haha:

I really need to get Lucas in the pool more, I just never have the time :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->