~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I'm starting to think that Madelyn is not even the issue - its just me. I am just getting frustrated too easily because of the things I am going through right now.

I just feel ... done.

Jo...I need to speak to the Father at the church that is linked with Reagan's school...it would be great if I could get the girl's done together, but I have a feeling Reagan's dad will not let me baptise her :nope: I had to fight him all the way to get her into a Catholic school, so I doubt that the baptising will go down well!!

Gemma, I love the closeness what Amber and I have because of her clinginess...it means I am the only one that can settle her at bedtime...but it would be nice to have a break...a soak in a hot bubble bath with a book would be lovely, Hubby tells me to do it, but then I hear her whinging so I get out!! :dohh:

Silas...hope you're okay :hugs:

Yes relieved!!

Silas, we all have days like that....part of being a mum! Hope Madelyn is doing better today

Dani, hope things get better between you and your OH x

Dani, Sorry youe OH is stressing you out :hugs:

Big hug Kala xxx

Great weights mummies, we have some chunkers! I am sure Gemma id Libby didn't like the formula it would be thrown up all over you :)

Shan, today is a new day and you should be proud of yourself :) I am going to see a bf person next week because Evan is being really fussing and even refusing good booby :cry:

He had BAD wind tonight, I burped him about 6 times and he was still screaming in pain bringing his knees up :( I wonder if taking him off the reflux meds has done this, can only put him back on them and see. but he has some booby and I wrapped hi tight in his blanket and he's gone to sleep and I am having some dinner :happydance: He was also soooo tired from today (baby massage, friends for lunch then singing group)

People commented on his head control today cos when he was on his tummy he was up on his arms looking ready to launch forward :D He also took a shine to the little girl next to him as he didn't stop looking at her :haha: And there I was thinking he only had eyes for mummy :D

HV is coming to visit on the 8th, she sounded really nice and was impressed when I mentioned where I had been today :D

Still waiting to hear about Evan's jabs, but he is in the system as I called the hospital :)

I have a reflexology session on Sat morning (a free thing done in out area) Evan has a creche space for the time, I am sure it will just be about 30 mins but I am scared leaving him with people I don't know!! But we are going swimming after that, then off to see my dad then stay at mums till monday :)

I sure will, it isn't until next Friday... Actually I could go to the one tomorrow ..

Bloody Hell Soph you're out more times than the gas ;)

Dani Can he really stop you from getting her baptised? I presume he isn't a Catholic?

Kayla :hug:

Well i was told earlier thar we have to go choose/buy flowers for my grandad tomorrow. OH is pissed because he doesnt want me upset on my birthday and we had already made plans - but never mind.

Going to be the worst birthday of my life :-(

:Hugs:

I'm not having Evan baptised or Christened cos I am not religious... A good a reason as any :haha:

Might do some naming thing in the summer so he gets loads of pressies

OH is staying in Kansas City tonight because car is not finished and will be done tomorrow, so no need to make two trips. That means me and kids are alone. I don't like it, I am bored, miserable etc. We had a fight before he left and now I am paranoid. Like maybe he is just trying to stay away from me? Ok, stop being paranoid! (*talking to self* lol)

Bleh. :|:(

:Hugs:

I'm not having Evan baptised or Christened cos I am not religious... A good a reason as any :haha:

Might do some naming thing in the summer so he gets loads of pressies

i'm just the same as you. i was never christened so i won't be christening her either. if anything we'd do a naming ceremony but probably not haha

aw we were up at 5:30 this morning with Pixie filling her nappy :dohh: she has been a little bitty constipated so she's having a clearout now. farting like an old horse! :rofl:

My sister did one with my niece, it was a nice day in the garden!

With the twins coming in the next 4 weeks (Eeeek 2 more neices or nephews!!) I think it has been suggested we may do something together. But to be honest it will be too many people, all the family and different sets of friends!!

Kayley I am so sorry to hear about your Grandad. My thoughts are with you and your family :hugs:

Lots of :hug: for everyone else who is having a rough time at the mo x

Shan, you have done so well to have got this far breast feeding. I can't imagine what it must be like to be in pain at every feed. I don't think I would have lasted so long.

My feeding took a little dip this week as I had cut down on my meds to just two a day to see if I could be weened off them but George has been really grumpy all week, which I put down to the 12 week growth spurt but when I got him weighed on Wednesday he had put on just 3oz in a week. I felt awful and have gone back on my full dose plus added an extra bottle in while I waited for the meds to kick back in. I am going to tell the doctors that I want to stay n the meds until finished BFing.

It is times like this I feeling like giving up. The HV said not to worry as he is still following his curve on the percentile chart, although it is the very bottom one :(

Talking of weaning (I know, I am a bit behind, lol) I am going on a Baby led weaning workshop next month so I can get the facts behind it and make an informed decision which way to go but I am quite liking the fact that I wont need to puree and mash food. I am a lazy moo and being able to give him what we eat sounds god to me. Looking forward to learning what it is all about.

We will be getting Georgie christened around April/May time. Just trying to decide what we can do afterwards. What are your boys wearing to be christened in? Ashley wore a traditional antique long white christening gown that had been in hubbies family for over 100 years but when his nan passed away, it some how got lost (so gutted). I loved the fact he wore a gown with history that other family babes had worn so I am thinking of getting another handmade that can once again be passed down the family. You don't often see boys christened in long gowns anymore though, but then I am a sucker for old traditional things.

My invitations have come through for our baby massage and postnatal groups. I am looking forward to them!

IF I were to get Evan christened, I think I'd have him wear a spiderman outfit. in fact this is what I want Evan to wear to my dads wedding, except I haven't told my dad my plans yet. I REFUSE to put him in a suit.

Sorry Jo, not what you were after, i dunno about boys and christenings x x

Is it wrong of me to get a bit pissed off with mums who say they feel like a single mum cos their partners work? I nearly said something but didn't, try being an ACTUAL single mum then fucking moan. I think it is quite disrespectful towards us who don't have OH's money or time to get a break... You get upset cos you can't handle your lo for 8 hours alone in the day... try 24 hours EVERYDAY....

I have never once frikkin moaned and u guys know how hard a time I have had with a non sleeping vomiter...

Rant over :D

lol nah i can imagine it bugs you as i can only imagine how hard it is, i take my hat off to you as i know the relief when dan comes in from work, but i tend to not give her up which i should but its still so hard all day when she wont settle and i have no one thru day (dan leaves 5.30am). She had me in tears the other day... i suppose it depends on the temprement of the baby too I hav gd days and bad days but then i can get a break (even if 15 mins) dan doesnt do nights either. Ur just a fab mum and a natural maybe this person it struggling and their partner doesnt help??

Yeah I know everyone is different i feel mean as shes had a bad day but I think comparing your life to a single mums isn't a very good comparison!! We all have shit days but I have to deal with it, thick skin I suppose x

yeh IM REALLY LUCKY I HAVE SUCH A SUPPORTIVE HUSBAND WHO WANTS TO BE INVOLVED I JUST NEED TO LET GO A BIT, MY SIS WAS A SINGLE MUM AND I OFTEN THINK I TOOK FOR GRANTED HOW HARD IT WAS FOR HER NOW I HAVE LIBBY AND REALISE HOW HARD IT IS WITH SUPPORT X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->