~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

what is SMP?

Jaxon has been sleeping through the night for over a month now!

Went to get him ready to go today and he was in on his tummy with his little bumm up in the air...SO SO CUTE! Even OH got up (he's really sick with the flu) to see. He calls Jaxon "daddys little silly goose" hehe..

SMP is Stuatuory Maternity Pay. In England a woman gets upto 9 months off work on SMP which is normally £124 a month (or about that figure anyway) They are entitled to this for 9 months if they have worked for 15 months or more previous to going on maternity leave (I think that is about right anyway)

Lucky you having Jaxon go through the night - he sounds really cute.

Thank you for all the congrats, I am in discussions with OH about setting a date lol. He worrys about money too much!

If you want to see a pic of my ring, I have put it in my journal :D xx

My mothers group nurse lady said the same thing that it's a myth it will make baby sleep longer, Eva has always slept through the night about 8-10hrs sleep but about 2weeks ago shes woken a couple of times at night and I think it was just a growth spurt as the last week shes back to normal. Those nights she didn't sleep through were horrible!!! I don't know what I'd do if Eva was like that all the time.

I haven't even looked at foods yet!!!! In Australia they've officially brought it back to 4 months old, my mothers group nurse says she'll cover all that next week so I'm not going to think about it till then. But she said shes going to teach us the things babies start doing when they are ready for solids so you know if it's time or not. I do have a puree recipe book I should scan some pages and send them to you ladies.

Pixie - my mum kept nagging and nagging to feed Eva everytime she cried and I would explain "shes not hungry shes tired" then my mum got really mad and started yelling at me saying it's sick how I starve my baby and she doesn't understand why I'm doing this food deprivation thing. So I caved and thought maybe shes right maybe Eva requires food more often than I thought and i'm wrong with the tired cues so I did what my mother said and fed her but Eva refused to take it and then after a 5 min cuddle she fell asleep, I.realised that only I can know what's best for my baby and refuse to listen to my mother or anyone else since.

Hi ladies :wave:

Soph, I had to read your post THREE times as I was reading that your ex girlfriend wasn't too impressed not your ex's girlfriend :rofl:

GG, my bad - I didn't even realise you had a journal, I'm gonna go stalk it now ;)

Kayley, I'm gonna stalk Soph's friends list to add you on FB. If you don't get a request from me do the same (Initials are JW and pic is the same one of Leo furthest right on my ticker).

As for weaning, I think you should all tell your mums to keep their nebs out :rofl: HOWEVER, I can kinda see where they are coming from as when I weaned my first 18 years ago the recommendations were 3 months and 8 years ago with my second, 4 months.

I did wean her at 3 months though due to horrendous reflux and FTT - she was weaned on mashed potato with cheese, butter and cream. I wouldn't recommend this but it gave her a weight gain to keep her out of hospital :rofl:

Even though the "early" weaning has had no detriment to either of my girls I'm gonna hold out this time. Leo will be 3 months on Saturday and I don't think he is anywhere near ready and I would like to try BLW this time.

I might combine it with TL though and try some rice/mashed rusk/mashed banana at around 5 months. I suppose it depends on him.

He was so brave having his jabs today. I am so proud of him :D

[\war&peace]

Jo xx

Betheney you just cope with the lack of sleep.

Am I jealous? Hell yes!! Does it piss me off? Hell yes!!

But what ya gonna do can't force him to sleep through :(

tonight not as sycessful but asleep by 10.15, in my bed though tonight.

FGS, I don't know if you would've found me on FB cos I THINK my profile is private. But I have found you and sent a friends request!

So this evening OH and I have been discussing weddings and have drawn up a rough guest list and it clearly shows that OH has nearly twice as many friends as I do! Its made me feel quite sad lol. I have a lot of online friends though.

I oughta be going to bed soon before Megan wakes up lol. She had a late night tonight though.

How has everybodys day been?

Congratulations Kayley!!!! Wow, so many Sparkler weddings to look forward to, that should give me my 'wedding fix' while I am on maternity leave :)

We have made a few tiny step forward in the sleep department in that George has gone down in his crib for naps every day since Friday :happydance: ok some of then have only lasted half an hour but they are naps not on my lap. Woo-hoo!!!!! I also managed to pump 3oz out of my boobies tonight all in one go!

I am going to a sling meet tomorrow, it will be good to try out some different slings and maybe learn a few more holds for my Moby.

Glad to see everyone else is ok :)

Edited to add that it took me so long to post that using just one finger that I have missed some of your posts, sorry xx

Hello my loves! Y'all must stop tlking so much! I refuse to catch up. :haha: I am nearly dead I am so tired - although I'm sure I wont be going to bed right away.

OH and I celebrated our Valentine's Day tonight while OHs sister watched the babes. We had dinner at Applebee's, and then went to the movies.

well - wish me luck. today is operation "get rid of dummy for sleeps" :haha:

i've found out that's why she's waking more than normal now - she's getting used to me or my OH getting up to put the dummy in her mouth to stop her crying and pop her back to sleep :dohh: she now thinks if it falls out her mouth all she has to do is cry and she'll get it back. she used to sleep sound after it popped out her mouth but not now. damn accidental Parenting has gotten me! Lol

libby does it too, so if your successful il give it a go :haha: but I think she still needs it for comfort at the moment so am trying to "put up" with it until 6 months ish when the suking reflex apparantly goes, libby was waking 2 - 4.15 all the time and this is when I usually just grabbed her and put her in my bed (althought havnt done it for a while) maybe she is thinking its my time for cuddles now lol?

Ah wedding planning is jsut the best.. ENjoy your journey into marriage hun!!
Do they have a growht spurt at like 13 weeks?
Addi was sleeping wonderfully-8-5.30 in his cot for about a week but has now started waking at 1.30. I dont feed him and just settle him with his dummy BUT then he wants milk at 3am which is soonest I can give him anyway due to my anti depressants (gosh I never though I would be saying that :-(

So hubby still has no job here in SA. It is such a stress. He is a chartered accountant with 7 years post qualification experience ffs. worked for ernst and young, deloitte, barclays so a pretty impressive cv but there is nothing out there it seems. so now we are letting out our beautiful house and moving with my folks to save money. we spent 3 years in the uk saving our asses off and we dont want to be spending all that money on living.. but now it seems nobody wants to rent our house. i dont understand. can things never be simple!!!!

Sorry about the me rant but he is so down and it is quite upsetting because i know how wonderful he is at his job but his confidence is taking an uber knock :-(

maybe? Libby maybe thinks when she wakes up she gets mummy cuddles? :shrugg:

well Pixie was getting grumbly for a nap at 9 so put her in the cot, put on her glowing seahorse, tapped her back and she's asleep! no dummy! :happydance: she's not even stirred... :D

kelly - yeah it's the big growth spurt... experiencing it just now too. i'm thinking of cluster feeding from 7pm/7.30pm (bedtime) then at 9pm/9.30 then at 11pm/11.30 (last bottle)
her routine goes out by 30mins or so from day to day

thats fab! remember tho we had a good day for naps one day and then come nighttime she screamed blue murder for hours, hopefully pixie is a good girl! x

thats fab! remember tho we had a good day for naps one day and then come nighttime she screamed blue murder for hours, hopefully pixie is a good girl! x

fingers crossed! i'm surprised the springs in the corner of my bed havn't let up with me bouncing in and out of bed so much :haha:

Evan is going into a crèche for an hour so I can have some me time and do aquafit.

the tomato sauce jo?

enjoy hun u deserve some u time, he will love all the other children x

I put eva down when she was grumbly and was surprised there wasnt a single noise come out of her so I went in 30mins later to check and there she is staring at the ceiling sucking her thumb. Lol. It's so cute. Is that what it's like with a dummy? They just happily suck themselves to sleep? Eva doesn't really have a dummy.

Also does anyone know if it matters that Evas sleeps are all over the place.... During the day she can have very little naps and very short ones 20mins, some days they go for 4 hours or more, they've never disrupted her night time sleeps so I've never worried, but everyone seems to have some slight routine but me. Its too hard tho because i'm out nearly everyday, I go out for breakfast and shopping twice aweek and I have mothers group one day and baby swim lessons one day and I usually go to the movies as they have mums and bubs on wednesdays and I'm just never home..... Am I being aterrible irresponsible mother? Should I be spending more time at home with Eva in a proper routine? Is sleeping everywhere making something else difficult in the future? Is it bad for development?

Oh and HOORAY FOR WEDDINGS I would love to do it again.

Hey Beth, I dont think you are being a bad mom at all-Whatever works for you hun. We always said babies must fit into our lives and we mustnt run our lives around them. I do understnad to some degree, life must change but if she sleeps well at night then that is fabby :) So dont stress!!

Soph, YAY for you time.. As soon as we know where we will be living Ash will start school 5 mornings a week. He is begging me to go to school and I am so excitied cos quite frankly I would rather have a newborn than a 2 year old any day!

we dont have a routine :hugs: libby catnaps on me mostly as she wakes when she is down and she is grumpy when she wont sleep x

i didn't think it would be so bad as her night sleeps are still good but i'm not expert i don't want to be told later on that babies that don't sleep properly and regularly during the day end up with a slower brain development or something, i know eva is already kinda behind but i know its because i'm out so much i don't really have any time in the day to give her tummy time or on the back mat/play time, but i'm going to make more of an effort now i see how far ahead the babies in my mothers group are i was just wondering if the sleep thing mattered, i mean being out everyday does seem to be screwing with her sleep settling as nearly everyday now she's been falling asleep in the pram or car or someones arms that now when i stick her in the bassinet she doesn't self settle like she used to but now in the last 3 days she's picked up thumb sucking so she's just self settling that way so i wasn't going to worry because she kinda lost her self settling but then quickly found another way.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->