~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

i was thinking on trying to make some purées and putting them in ice trays. think ill just buy in some puddings when she's bigger :)

hey ladies, if your going to make your own puree's check out: https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

I am going to be using this website.

Yep Dani and Pichi I think I am going to cook up some purees too and put them in ice trays and freeze them so they are ready :)

The book is excellent I found it is all so simple.

I am sure the schedule is weeks 1&2 normal milk and varied purees for lunch (just one cube maybe 2) then weeks 3&4 add in purees for breakfast and lunch and then by week 5 you add in dinner too so they have 3 meals a day and dessert such as fruit chunks, petit filous, custard. The dinners though are not so much purees but things like cod and veges (blended as lumpy as you like) Chicken casserole, cheesy pasta stars, tomato and tuna pasta (from 9 months). Then you add in snacks such as sandwiches, cheese on toast, beans on toast, vege fingers and avacado dip :D

Pichi if you want to buy the book I have "Feeding your Baby and Toddler from birth to 7 years" Has tons of yummy sounding ideas, but I am happy to send you the schedule now so you can prepare the first bit.

I am excited :wohoo:

i want to buy the cute pasta you can get. you can buy it in bulk on the likes of ebay or amazon :p it's like minute pasta stars or squiggles for making mac n cheese :D

i'm just going to order a nice cheap high chair from toys r us. it's like £20 and pink :D i wish i could afford to get a more expensive one - theres in one in M&P called pixi! lol but, i don't see the point in paying so much when she's only going to be in it 30mins tops getting her food

got my footmuff ordered for the Icandy Peach. got £22 off it because my brother works at John Lewis :D

Luck y moo!!!

I haven't ordered a high chair. Everyone keeps banging on about getting the IKEA one as it is by far the best cos it is so simple and easy to clean! It is about £12

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40140046

ah yeah. my friend mentioned this too! she said it's really good.

i liked the Pasta high chair from toys r us. should have bought it when it was £14 :dohh:

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...and-Boosters/Pasta-Highchair-in-Pink(0073820)

Kala I am sorry you are having such a tough time :hugs:

April, my thoughts are with you and your family x

Sophie, big :hugs: honey. I think its perfectly natural to think back to this time last year. I have been a little bit emotional myself as it was such a life changing event! I can't believe that this time last year I was already pregnant an just days away from having the shock of my life, lol.

Georgie has not rolled over yet but he is lying on hos playmat giving it a good go so it must be only a matter of days before he does it.

Like Jo (FGS) I am going to give to BLW a bash this time. I am actually quite glad you have to wait until they are 6 months old as I am in no hurry to see George grow up as I know only too well how quickly Ashley went from newborn to 20 and I am cherishing every baby second of George. I also am a lazy arse and can't be bothered to puree :haha: I didn't think about having to eat earlier, but it would do us good to have set meal times as sometimes I no sooner eat than it is time for bed, and I hate that. I am going on a BLW workshop next month, looking forward to it.

Hope everyone else is well :)

I think I'll be running to Target after work with Jaxon today, to pick up some size 2 nipples, and some more ice cube treys so I can start the puree's. I'm hoping my blender works good for this.

Whats the name of this baby food book you keep mentioning AM? I wonder if I can get it in the US.

OMG Pichi, I love that one!! When was it £14? I think i am going to go for that as it has a shoulder harness whereas IKEA one doesn't, plus it is a cool blue (not pink!!)

OMG Pichi, I love that one!! When was it £14? I think i am going to go for that as it has a shoulder harness whereas IKEA one doesn't, plus it is a cool blue (not pink!!)

it was £14 before xmas. The other good thing with that one is that you can take the tray off fully to wash it which is good. easier to get them in and out too :)

it was £14 before xmas. The other good thing with that one is that you can take the tray off fully to wash it which is good. easier to get them in and out too :)
You can do that with the IKEA one aswell as you buy the tray seperately so actually it is more like £17, so I am gonna go for the pasta one :D

what is TW and BLM??

I have the Ikea highchair and love it so much we shipped it to SA because it is so practical :) And Pich, ash was in it often because sometimes it is easier to pop them in there while you're cooking or cleaning as they like to be at a higher level to watch what's going on.. Happy 3 months to my Addison too (and PIxie of course)

So sorry about your news April :-( Thoughts are with you.

Soph, sorry you felt a bit sad, totally natural..

Jo I hear you on not wanting them to grow up to fast.. and my Ash is only 2 haha!

TW is traditional weaning and BLW is baby lead weaning.

Im going to use TW, as OH and I like our food spicy, that and he think nachos and ramen is a decent dinner....Jaxon needs to eat healthier food than that.

Yeah I agree! I don't think Evan would like my diet which often is toast, cereal and chocolate Rich tea biscuits :haha:

Well I did as HV told me, I started the routine at 9 instead, started bottle at 9.20 (took 7oz) and put to bed awake at 9.50. Have had to put dummy back once but he is not crying and is very very calm..

Fingers X'd for me cos I am going to bed myself in a it.

I can't believe we are discussing weaning our babies - where is the time going?

It is not recommended to start solids until 6 months here, and my OH is crazy about going by the books on these things so we wont be starting puree's until Maddy is atleast 6 months.

Welp, no call from OH's ex-job (lol) so its most likely official that he is fired. :cry: I was holding out some hope, but its gone now. Oh well. We are going to have to move again most likely, it hurts it really does. We have moved soooo much lately. :( I just want to move somewhere and stay there!!!

*hugs* silas, I hope things get better for you.

Jaxon was in his excersauser during dinner, he was talking to the flower on it...it was hilarious. Then he got mad b/c he couldnt reach it...wont be long before he does though. He's such a big boy. My cousin said he rolled from tummy to his back today! YAY Jaxon!

My OH has been begging me to start weaning Jaxon now. He keeps saying "well Jodi and Nathan fed Blake cereal at 3 mths" and I have to keep telling him "it was due to his reflux!"
I think OH is more excited about weaning then me!

Sikas sorry about the job :( I know what it's like not to feel settled :(

it's 6 months here too although it's when your baby is ready also. I've been told 20 weeks so gonna see how he is then :)

Evans feet touch the floor in the jumperoo :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->