~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

kelly im officially jealous of your feeding pattern :haha:

Well I demanded my lay in!! Hubby tried giving Amber a bottle on the 7am feed...and would she blimin take it for him? Nopes, she messed him around for an hour with it...in the end I kicked him out of bed, took her in bed with me, put her on the boob and we both went back to sleep :haha:

She did the same with him last night, so now hubby has this huge complex that she doesn't like him, and only wants me :rofl:

Congratulations on your babies Kelly and Bartness!!

Hi ladies!! Well it's a tad calmer in grisley guts towers today!! On fact scarily calm :haha:

I gave in last night and gave Evan 4 oz of hipp organic. He didn't puke it up yay!! But he still majorly cried after I still couldn't settle him! Eventually I put him back on the boob where he had a 5 min feed then settled to sleep till half 6:wohoo:

so he is either a massive piggy needing 5oz of milk or ge needed booby to get to sleep. O think both.

Also a deffo on the growth spurt. I googles it snd he ticks all the boxes :)

I'm gonna top him up with formula when needed :)

oooh I expressed 5 oz this morning too :D

congrats and welcome bartness xxx

Thats how it works with Phoebe AM - She likes too sleep on the boob or my chest - so if we really want her to settle for a few hrs all we gotta do is give her a bottle with boob for afters :haha:

Welcome over Bartness and Kelly!! and wow Addisons passport was quick!!! What date do you go now?

Dani its the opposite for me - I swear she loves her daddy more than me!! She always seems to be looking for him - he is so good with her and I think she may have picked up who the better parent is!?

Aww an official Pixie :happydance: Was she the 1st Pixie they had registered Pichi?

GG - I must have a constant period! What you described is me all the time - emotions are crazy - I cry at everything - mainly happy stuff though - so its not depression or feeling down

Lol xx

Aw Lol, maybe she just recognises his voice more.. Addison goes looks around like mad when he hears Warren talking..
We leave on Friday btw :) Nervous but excited!
Glad I am not the only one that seems to cry non-stop.. And the bleeding is terrible. And afterpains when I feed are like contractions all over again-apparently it is normal to get them really bad with every subsequent baby.
Danni did I read earlier that you're going to ttc after 6 months??

hi girls welcome on over! wow kelly your feeding is brill!!!

Glad evan settled soph :) a good nights sleep makes you feed so much better!!

well I had a good night last night too, I gave her expressed milk at 8 so I new she would be hungry quicker than usual and I think it was around 12ish she had her last bottle then stirred for her next one at 6.15! then hubby took her down stairs as she wouldnt settle and i slept till 11.30!

Aww an official Pixie :happydance: Was she the 1st Pixie they had registered Pichi?

i'm not too sure. probably :haha:

i've not had pixie on the boob at all today :cry: it feels really weird... maybe ill sneak her on there after her 2pm feed... boobs are a bit heavy feeling :dohh:

Welcome Bartness & Kelly! So pleased to see you both over here.

Pichi, yay for having an officially registered little Pixie. We still need to do Georgie.

Dani, you can't beat good ol boob and bed for a bit of peace and quiet :haha: Hubby asked me this morning how many times Georgie woke up last night and I couldn't remember exactly as he just 'self serves' so I only semi wake while he feeds and we both usually drift back to sleep together :)

Sophie, Evan has a very healthy appetite, but then he is a growing lad!

Gemma, yay for Sunday morning lay ins. Sets you up for the day!

Lol, having a daddies girl is fab, more free time for mummy :happydance:

AFM: Georgie's poos are much bigger and a nice yellow colour so I am feeling a bit more confident that my milk is slowly getting better. I even had my first little wet patch on my nightie yesterday. The proof will be if Georgie has put on any weight when he is weighed on Tues as since last weigh in he has only had 1.5oz formula. He looks like he has grown!

Still can't express though but I have not tried for 2 days as I have been worried about using up Georgie's precious supply :rofl:

Jo I expressed last night after giving evan formula, my left boob was like a rock and I got 5oz out :) that is now freezing in the freezer for back up. I know giving Evan formula is gonna mess with my supply so I must keep giving him booby and expressing. He iasi calm after formula feeds tho and goes down so easily!! Bit I want him to have boob. He had boob on and off for 4 hours this morning while we both slept in my bed together. I need to learn to do side feeding as he lays on my chest and belly ATM and is not too comfy for ge nor I :(

funny thing happened though! Cos I expressed from left booby when I woke up at 6ish right booby had filled up I was happy it's still working. When I lifted my top up I too had a gigantic wet patch :haha: then when I moved my boob to het evan to latch milk squirted across the room :rofl:

Danni did I read earlier that you're going to ttc after 6 months??

:haha: It is a possibility Kelly!!

Awww Lol :hugs: I wish Amber would favour DH sometimes so I could grab a few minutes to wash my hair...:rofl: every spare minute I get seems to be spent washing, washing up or generally tidying the house whilst Reagan is at school.

:haha: Very true Jo, I was intending to give up the boob, but couldn't do it fully, so have fallen into the pattern of feeding her myself when at home, then topping up with formula at night or when we go out...it seems to be working, weigh in this thursday, so we shall see!!

:thumbup: for good sleeping GG and Soph.

i think my milk is finally coming in. do you think it would confuse her if i gave her say a few oz's a day of boob milk?

I'm giving Erin about 8oz of expressed milk during the day, it's not much but at least she's getting some. The rest of her feeds are aptamil to make each feed up to 3oz.

im giving libby 4-5 oz a day.. just messes up the feeding "routine" with the formula x

i think my milk is finally coming in. do you think it would confuse her if i gave her say a few oz's a day of boob milk?

Are you not gonna try bf exclusively? My milk came in on day 5 hun, are your boobs hard and do you want to cry lots? :haha:

I have introduced a little formula with Evan, Hipp Organic works with him, not Aptimel. This is just so I can build up my milk to express it, only a temp measure for us as like you I love breastfeeding and don't want to give up yet. I have done the wrong thing by giving him a bottle cos I need to build my supply up but I couldn't cope yesterday wanting boob ALL THE TIME.

A new pic of Evan. Doesn't he have the coolest hair? 25 days old and a mohawk to beat David Beckham :rofl:

Attachments

• Mohawk.jpg
    Mohawk.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3

Are you not gonna try bf exclusively? My milk came in on day 5 hun, are your boobs hard and do you want to cry lots? :haha:

I have introduced a little formula with Evan, Hipp Organic works with him, not Aptimel. This is just so I can build up my milk to express it, only a temp measure for us as like you I love breastfeeding and don't want to give up yet. I have done the wrong thing by giving him a bottle cos I need to build my supply up but I couldn't cope yesterday wanting boob ALL THE TIME.

i tried but i just dont seem to make enough milk for her. maybe one it comes in more ill be able to get a few bottles:thumbup:

Remember milk is produced on a supply and demand basis. They need to be on boob even if just suckling for you to produce more. So if you feed her more you will build up your supply.

Your body won't know how much to make yet so it maybe worth giving it a shot and feeding her on the boob and just topping up with formula if she seems hungry?

yeah. i still like to have her on the boob for a little top-up but most of the time she just has a play... :haha: she seems so much more content after getting her fill so we're all happy

I found Evan more content after formula. I just can't make the switch :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"