~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

sorry for the me me me me post its all I seem to do these days ...rgh im so fed up i just dont know whats wrong anymore...libby is pooing but its the thick paste but she seems to strain, scream then pump and come 8pm she is just so unsettled and twisty and you have to really cuddle her in with her dummy in to settle her then every now and then she will scream, I will not be able to put her down at all tonight, as she just wakes up and cries or wakes up with wind, even though I get loads of wind up when I wind her :( she has been sick a few times but not loads or after every feed been using infacol but its not really doing anything... do u think it sounds like colic? reflux? wind? or is she just a miserable cow like her mother? :( Its really starting to get to me, when I changed to formula she went down so well and woke up every 4 hours... Its so frustrating, when will it get better!!

awwww gg ryan is exactly the same, i know exactly what your going through. he wont sleep for longer than half an hour at a time at the moment, he seems to scream and cry for no reason for hours at a time. his poos are really irregular, sometimes he goes twice in one day sometimes not at all for 2 days but it always comes out soft now...iv also put him on infacol but it doesnt seem to have made any difference...sending you big :hugs: and hoping libby starts to feel better soon :( xxxxxxx

thanks... she seems in pain a lot pulling her legs up and pumping a lot.. to be honest Im not sure if she has colic or relflux... is it possible to have both? Iv just read something online from here ( https://www.articlesbase.com/diseas...s/hey-baby-is-it-colic-or-reflux-1117949.html ) and she seems to have symtoms from both.

and I hope Ryan does too :(, think im gonna go to GP tomorrow x

is the comfort milk not helping at all hun? i hope you get things sorted with Libby soon. let us know what the GP says x

Im hoping it just hasnt had a chance to work I only started her on it last night..

lets hope tomorrow there is more of a difference for you :flower: if Libby has reflux the GP will be able to give you something for it like AM

Ok iv just read this now...

If the colic baby symptoms are caused by reflux problems, signs of relief may not be apparent until after the infant passes gas or has a bowel movement. It seems to be much worse at night and during the evening hours.

Cause of colic

The most common cause of colic is stomach problems. Gas, constipation, , acid reflux, and overactive intestines are cited most frequently as the causes of colic baby. This is understandable considering the fact that all four of these factors can lead to a feeling of discomfort, causing a baby to cry.

so I think she has reflux which is causing the colic.. her symtoms tie in with both x

I wish I had some advice but I don't know anything about, reflux or colic or anything like that, but I hope you get some answers soon gg.

I don't really know anything about different baby poos either sorry AM

AFM - Eva is now feeding every 3-4hrs during the day and every 5-6hrs during the night. So we have a nice little system going on. She has her health nurse check up today so I'm curious to see how fat she's gotten, I notice her cheeks are chubbier these days. Very.cute.

Describes evan to a tee gemma. Give your gp a call. Evan Has just puked, but he's settled and gone straight to sleep now. Only had a few grisley windy pops tonight x

Jacob seems to be feeding really irregularly atm. I think he's been cluster feeding, as he was feeding every 1-2 hours earlier.. He's back to feeding every 3 hours now, but he'll take 90ml on one feed, then he'll only take 60ml or less on the next etc.

Should I be worried or is that normal?

Hey chella *waves*

To answer your Q; pixie was on breast, then breast with formula top-up, now she's just on formula because my milk never properly came through :( she does have the odd sook of the boob just to tie her over sometimes though
exactly the same here^^

AFM - I'm currently in hospital after a massive PPH 7 days after delivery. It was scary stuff and I lost 3/4 of my blood but they eventually managed to stop the bleeding and I'm on the mend.

Consequently Leo hasn't been with me since Friday but I'm hoping he can stay with me from today so we can re-establish breast feeding asap. I'm quite worried about my supply drying up.

Jo xx
:hugs: get well soon hun!

on.
Whilst on the topic of blood...I've stopped bleeding :happydance: OH thinks this means he's getting sex! Alho I do feel completely normal down there now and wouldnt mind a bit of sex the thought petrifies me!:
Same here!! Gonna wait another week or 2 to be safe!

Lol xx

That seems normal kerry :) lo will take what they need. As long as still weeing and pooing all good x

GG have you tried baby massage? Raphi has bad wind. She's on infacol but we do baby massage once a day too and it seems to work, it relaxes her and always gets a nice big fart out of her.
I'm sure she's been cluster feeding today, we've had a few very random feeds. Why do they do it?

bad night last night :nope:

no sleep whatsoever, he would fall to sleep in my arms then as soon as i laid him in his crib he would spit out his dummy and scream...he seems to be constipated again too..and possibly having a little growth spurt...yesterday he guzzled down 9oz formula within the hour and then still wanted more just less than 2 hours later, hes not sleeping properly, the longest he goes is about 2 hours during the day in his moses basket...only thing ive changed is iv started to giv him infacol and when i googled it it seems it is quite common for it to cause constpation :cry: not giving him anymore of it and gonna try him on gripe water...could feel myself bubbling with stress and anger and frustration last night..i know its not his fault hes obviously in some kind of discomfort and i just dont know what to do to help him :(

what about giving him prune or apple juice? people on here have used it :)

Had such a good night last night. Jacob woke up every 3+ hours for his feed, but instead of screaming the place down, he just laid in his moses basket making noises. What a cutie!

what about giving him prune or apple juice? people on here have used it :)

I tried apple juice after HV recommended it last week, it didn't help him to go it just gave him even worse tummy ache and made his screaming worse... he's been sleeping for the last few hours in his moses basket, longest he has gone for the last week..making the most of it and getting all the cleaning done as OH has been off this weekend and everytime he has a few days off he manages to make the house look like a bomb has hit it, honestly...tried to sleep but I'm not good at sleeping during the day, feel like there is more productive stuff for me to be doing and I just end up tossing and turning til I eventually just get up lol... anyone else like that? I keep getting told its my own fault I'm so tired as I'm not sleeping when he is and I know its true but I just cant sleep during the day!

looky what I won this morning though! :D https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260695999915

bargain or what?! x

Can I ask, when did everyones wee ones move to 4oz? I think Pixie could do with a wee bit more to eat

Can I ask, when did everyones wee ones move to 4oz? I think Pixie could do with a wee bit more to eat

Jacob moved to 4oz at about 5 days old. His birth weight was 10lb 5oz though, so he's a right chunky little monkey :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->