~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Chella, yay!!!!

Let eryn suck on boob whenever she wants, maybe call lactation consultant who can help with positions and latch. Milk should come through anyday now. Just keep trying. When she is latched how long does she feed for? I'm not a good person to ask as I don't combo feed, only in emergency!

Start a thread in the baby/feeding forum as people there will give u proper advice xx

I had wondered whether she had a bit of reflux, she often looks as if she has brought up a bit of acid when she's just about to settle to sleep? We've been using infacol since Thursday and it has helped slightly, as well as changing to Dr Brown's bottles but she is still suffering poor baby :nope:
I'll talk to my mum tomorrow too (she's a HV) as our GPs are pretty rubbish.

Good luck lizzy :)

you don't want to quiz your mums brains for me do u?? Evan only really seems to cry it grisle when he farts! He is clearly in a bit of pain that the attempt to fart causes! He is pooing as normal from what I can tell, but he has had some formula this week. I've expressed now so won't give him formula now.

Anyone any ideas?? Xx

Pinklizzy...I am back on antibiotics as the infection in my section wound didn't heal completely after the first week on them, and they seem to be affecting Amber a little bit through my milk, which GP said could happen :nope:

Soph, sometimes they just get a bit of trapped wind in the belly, try rubbing his tummy in a clockwise direction (as you look at him, which is from his right to left if that makes sense?) to help ease it around, or hold his legs up to his tummy, that may help, does he go rigid locking his legs out straight then pulling them up?

ETA: If any of you ladies are thinking of trying Fenugreek, it works!!!

you & me-what dose of Fenugreek do you take? The capsules I had are only 200mg? x

you & me-what dose of Fenugreek do you take? The capsules I had are only 200mg? x

I got them from Holland and Barret, they was £7.99 for 100 tablets, they are 610mg, and you take 2 tablets three times a day :thumbup:

hello ladies =) finally found my way here lol michael born nov 17th 8:27pm 8lbs 12 oz 19 3/4 inches.. just trying to settle into the 2 kid thing

Ooo i finally looked up this thread!

Hello November Mummies! We made it xoxoxox

OMG xx I just wrote an epic post and the WWW ate it :mad:

I'll try again:

Well done to all those with great weight gains

Anyone with reflux questions feel free to holler. DD2 had horrendous silent reflux so I have been where you are.

I forget which mummy is having issues with constant crying (sorry) but have you looked into cranial osteopathy?

AFM - I'm currently in hospital after a massive PPH 7 days after delivery. It was scary stuff and I lost 3/4 of my blood but they eventually managed to stop the bleeding and I'm on the mend.

Consequently Leo hasn't been with me since Friday but I'm hoping he can stay with me from today so we can re-establish breast feeding asap. I'm quite worried about my supply drying up.

Hope all are well and sorry for the epic post.
Jo
xx

my god forgodssake that sounds scary! hope you're feeling better soon x

i have to say that i love your avatar! SO cute :)

That's so scary FGS! :shock: Glad you're ok and hope Leo can stay with you soon.

Wow that's so scary forgodssake! I'm glad things are on the mend and you get to stay with your LO soon.
Whilst on the topic of blood...I've stopped bleeding :happydance: OH thinks this means he's getting sex! Alho I do feel completely normal down there now and wouldnt mind a bit of sex the thought petrifies me!
My baby has just done the longest fart, thrown up, pooed and now her tummy's rumbling! Silly girl :dohh:

OMG xx I just wrote an epic post and the WWW ate it :mad:

I'll try again:

Well done to all those with great weight gains

Anyone with reflux questions feel free to holler. DD2 had horrendous silent reflux so I have been where you are.

I forget which mummy is having issues with constant crying (sorry) but have you looked into cranial osteopathy?

AFM - I'm currently in hospital after a massive PPH 7 days after delivery. It was scary stuff and I lost 3/4 of my blood but they eventually managed to stop the bleeding and I'm on the mend.

Consequently Leo hasn't been with me since Friday but I'm hoping he can stay with me from today so we can re-establish breast feeding asap. I'm quite worried about my supply drying up.

Hope all are well and sorry for the epic post.
Jo
xx

Hope lil one can come stay with u , and ur on the mend xxx

Jo? Sorry to hear, wondered where u had gone! Hope u and Leo are together soon xx

ok quick poo question from me! Basically Evans poo has changed. It was the liquidy sweet smelling yellow bf poo up until yesterday. Now it is a thicker paste like poo, it is still bright yellow but alot firmer, but not hard! When i clean him there are bits everywhere? Like playdo lol not the seeds like I'm bf poo.

So why has it changed? Things I hve done different are introduce gavisvon on Friday night for his reflux and I have been giving him an ounce of formula to give with gavisvon.

Could it be the gavisvon?

Could it be cos he's having small but regular amounts of formula? I dunno what ff poo is like!!

He is still crying when he passes wind which I assume is trapped wind :(

I have doctors again Tuesday x

that sounds like how libbys poo is now with the aptimal, plus gaviscon can thicken things up and cause constipation, libby laos cries when she passes wind but she has only been pooing every 2 days so I assume thats making her a little distressed x xx

i think it's normal for their poo to change. i actually had a little leaflet that listed all the types of poo and when they'll happen haha. Pixie's poo's are still of the seedy yellowy variety... bleh.

ill try find the leaflet thing online...

I think it's the gavisvon as formula has never changed his poo before. He didn't have formula yesterday and his poo was still thicker x

thats what i'd guess too. gaviscon will thicken everything up

sorry for the me me me me post its all I seem to do these days ...rgh im so fed up i just dont know whats wrong anymore...libby is pooing but its the thick paste but she seems to strain, scream then pump and come 8pm she is just so unsettled and twisty and you have to really cuddle her in with her dummy in to settle her then every now and then she will scream, I will not be able to put her down at all tonight, as she just wakes up and cries or wakes up with wind, even though I get loads of wind up when I wind her :( she has been sick a few times but not loads or after every feed been using infacol but its not really doing anything... do u think it sounds like colic? reflux? wind? or is she just a miserable cow like her mother? :( Its really starting to get to me, when I changed to formula she went down so well and woke up every 4 hours... Its so frustrating, when will it get better!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->