~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

what are the symtoms am, libby is sick quite lot after feeds x

Ok my baby is 10 days old, and just puked all over me while feeding off my boob, she has never vomited before, o tried to re-offer her the boob thinking she'd be empty but she won't take it. Is it normal for them to refuse after being sick? Is she going to wake in an hour starving?

Just a quick question, Leo hasn't fed alot today and has been really sleepy although he is awake now I fed him at 4 ish and he fell asleep after a minute chnaged him and he fed again. About 20 mins later he was sick but it was like a fountain TMI he has been sick twice since but not fed again yet. Any ideas. He has been weighed and has put 10oz in a week so is now 9ib 14oz!!! But he has never been sick or tired like this before.

Leo might be going through a wee growth spurt perhaps?

i've found putting Pixie on a thicker formula for colic and constipation (Aptamil comfort NOT hungry baby) it's really helped with her being spewy after every feed :) going by what she was doing before it ticks pretty much all the boxes for reflux. like AM said, mummies intuition strikes again hehe. magical power that is!

what are the symtoms am, libby is sick quite lot after feeds x

evan was very sicky, during after and hours after feeds. He wad also very grisley, would settle for maybe 20 mins then wake up and cry I'm pain. He scrunches up his face and also goes a bit rigid when obviously the acid is coming up. You can almost count when he will scream from when he first starts.

He had a little grisle after food tonight, no sick though and is sleeping x

hmm.. well libby wont settle for very long when I put her down but she has been going down for four hours fine today and only waking for a feed...

does anyone know how many times a day a formula fed baby poos? she is only going like once a day or once every 2 days its not hard but its very thick.. was gonna change to the comfort apitmal but dont wanna mess with her feeds if she is fine...she has a lot of wind and wriggles loads when she is down and then u just hear a huge fart lol do u think she is constipated, he sometimes cries and her face goes red like she is straining? x

hmm.. well libby wont settle for very long when I put her down but she has been going down for four hours fine today and only waking for a feed...

does anyone know how many times a day a formula fed baby poos? she is only going like once a day or once every 2 days its not hard but its very thick.. was gonna change to the comfort apitmal but dont wanna mess with her feeds if she is fine...she has a lot of wind and wriggles loads when she is down and then u just hear a huge fart lol do u think she is constipated, he sometimes cries and her face goes red like she is straining? x

if shes constipated her poos would be hard and like little pellets xx

this sounds exactly like Pixie. We've found the comfort milk has helped her a lot. i get about 2 or 3 dirty nappies a day from her on the comfort milk :flower: her poo's have always been ok though... but she seems even better now

its more like a really thick paste.. I might just change her to comfort, its the same brand so it isnt messing too much is it? just given her a bottle she took 4oz but its such a fight as she is just so twisty and searches for food like she is hungry but crys out when the bottle is in her mouth, winding her everytime she comes off and sometimes it takes ages to get a burp..

Try lifting libby up under her arms till she relaxes and let's her legs dangle down. A friend of mine told me this technique and its so useful for winding! If you're moving to the Aptamil comfort only thing that's a bit annoying is because the formula is thicker in consistency it clogs the teets a little

:) 2nd day of comfort milk for Pixie and she's such a content wee soul (well most of the time) now. Just done the late night feed

Well Im up with Maddy again :S We both must have been tired cause I took her in to lay down with me and we both slept for 5 hours, it was glorious, but now im paying for it she wont settle lol
Me and dh have decided on moving back in with my family for the time being. It will be easier for me to have help and get my homework done along with getting some help with the baby. Plus he has a job opportunity with a company here and he gets really good benefits and we need them with a baby.

Hi ladies, good to see you on here Teal :)

Well the gaviscon has kicked in! I went out last night, only to the local pub, ended up staying out for 3 hours :haha: I had the car and was 5 mins from home if i felt I needed to go at any time. It was lovely to get together with my girlfriends and have some pub grub! We sat there in tears swapping mummy and baby stories, so nice I can join in now!

So I fed Evan before I went out at half 8. Then mum fed hi 4oz of bm at half 10. I got home at 11.30 :haha: and Evan didn't wake up until nearly half 2!! I have never WANTED him to wake up so much. Cos I missed a feed my boobs were killing and leaked all on my hoodie, attractive sight for my stepdad :haha:

So I fed Evan at half 2, along with his oz of FF with the gaviscon. He went out like a light until 5.40 :) I gave him the booby again and he just mucked around until 7am. No tears nothing just having a total laugh with my lol making noises and faces taking the boob, not taking it. He is like a different baby :)

He woke agai at 10.40 for boob and we got up at 11.30 :haha:

So he has gone from going 2 hours maximum to around 3.5 hours. I belive it is because he is not in pain now and wanting boob for comfort. He spit up a ittle once at the 5am feed but he had no gaviscon then. I am amazed at the change :)

Sorry it is a bit me me me but it is so nice to have a contented baby again :)

Oh and happy one month birthday to my gorgeous boy :cloud9:

Heya! Can I be added to the November Sparklers mummys & daddys thread?

Jacob Lucas was born 19th November :) x

hi kerry :)

yeah soph thats fab news :) so chuffed 4 u !

well we have just purchased aptimal comfort to commence next feed! she hasnt pooped fot nearly 2 days again x

Having another bad day today:cry:
Erin has been really suffering from colicy type pains over the last week and vomiting after almost every feed. It has been taking almost an hour to settle her after every feed.
I was on AB's which were affecting the milk and making her even more unsettled so I was throwing away what little milk I was able to express and now my supply has dried up more or less completely. I feel so guilty and such a rubbish mum for not carrying on with the BF, I've read so many posts over the last few days of mums persevering with BF problems and I've failed my little girl already :cry::cry:

Hey ya

im here to join finally yayyyyy !!! hi everyone hows u all doin and ur lil ones ?

First question why im here ? Any of you girls doing bottle & breast ?? xx

can i be added for 24th nov eryn xx

u havnt hun u have done fab, be proud u got to nearly 3 weeks she isnt gonna be any less heathier, happier or less intelligent... maybe u should speak to hv about reflux, sounds like what am went thru xx

Hey chella *waves*

To answer your Q; pixie was on breast, then breast with formula top-up, now she's just on formula because my milk never properly came through :( she does have the odd sook of the boob just to tie her over sometimes though

hey ya

thanks for info, i tryed in hospital and was no latchin on, tryed with breast shield and nothing then got on electric pump and nothing :( but now home i plan to hav another shot xxx

Lizzy on Monday ring your gp and see what they say about reflux. Erin sounds very much like how evan was. He was prescribed gavisvon and has not been sick once since and pretty much settles after feeds. He is also happy and alert when awake now.

I wouldn't bother ringing hv as I did and they just said it was colic. Gp said he doesn't believe there Is such thing as colic. The what to expect book says most cases of 'colic' is actually caused by reflux.

Give it a go and good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"