~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Thanks Dani, I think anything and everything is totally normal at this stage. He is so perfect though I don't care, he can do what he likes :) I wonder if maybe it is the latching and he isn;t satisfied anough from feeds? Thats what the mw said last week and she showed me another way which works most of the time. But Evan gets so frustrated and wriggles loads and bashes his head against me attempting to get onto booby :haha:

I put a little baby oil on him this morning and some sudocream on his bum as that was looking a bit red. I have been using wipes, but the huggies natural ones with aloe vera which seem great. But I have some Pampers ones downstairs that I'm not too sure on. If it gets worse I'll switch to water and wool.

My mum has offered to do the late feed at around 11-12pm so I can go to bed earlier and get some kip before the middle of the night feed. I'm not ready to give him a bottle yet! I know thats a normal feeling. As I don't have a partner I don't feel the need yet, my mum doesn't need to "bond" like a dad would, she's just his nan :haha:

I've started having the odd fag again :(

:dohh: I've gotta admit to having had a fag aswell!!!

I am using baby wipes (switched to them as soon as walked away from hospital and the beady eye of the midwife) I use the fragrance free ones, and they seem to work okay, no reactions as of yet.

Does he fall asleep on the boob and unlatch himself eventually?...if so he is content and had his fill hun, I think at newborn stage they use booby as a bit of a comforter too, I know Amber does (I haven't given her a dummy)

She used to latch on staright away, but this last day she has been doing the wiggle/fidget/thrashing around kinda thing, and it is taking a bit longer to get her latched, so guessing it is normal for their age?? Maybe it's because they have only just realised they can do it... :haha:

Amber was sick earlier, all in DH's mouth and down him, he got a huge mouthful of booby milk!! (silly man for holding her so close when winding her) :rofl:

they will all come flooding in soon all these new babies being born!

best thing for dry skin is olive oil , libs is ok but to be honest I think its cos I havnt washed her yet iv washed her face and bum ect with water but no bath yet im waiting for her cord to fall off and havnt used wipes yet but iv got a shed load! I mean boxes of them.

I first bathed Evan last Wednesday, his cord was still on but it fell off on Friday. Looks lovely now :)

The Huggies ones seem ok and really natural, but the pampers ones I am not sure of, I have loads of Huggies ones as they were on special a few weeks ago!

Dani, yeah he does stop feeding and take himself off the nipple so I guess he is full then. I tried a dummy but he won't take it. I have a photo. Excuse my booby I don't care if you guys see it, but this is what he does anyways :)

I guess it is all totally normal if both our kids are doing the same thing. This thread is gonna be a lifesaver :haha:

I didn't think of olive oil Gemma and just used baby oil. I google the flakey skin and it is totally normal in newborns. Something to do with hormones and disappears eventually.

Attachments

• Evan booby sleeping.jpg
    Evan booby sleeping.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 7
Awwwwwwwww bless!! He looks very happy and content Soph :thumbup:

Maddy is doing the same thing as your los atm. She just wants the boob all the time. She take a pacifier but it only calms her down for a second. Had to use it this morning when I got up cause I needed a shower and dh didnt know what to do lol. He is so cute though, this is ALL new to him, he never had any younger siblings to take care of or cousins like I have. He is doing great though.

My problem now, when I try to pump my breasts for dh to feed her every once in a while, I can never really get my milk out. I know its there, I can feel it, but it just doesnt come out. Any tricks you ladies could tell me?

Day one on my own with Evan. eeeeeek!!! Mums gone back to work. Well looks like a snuggly day on the sofa as the weather is pants!!

Have day 10 hv coming over at some point too

we are still snug in bed together atm and Evan is having his breakfast. he just done a super squirty poo in his nice clean nappy. Made me crack up!!

BH, try and massage your boobs before expressing, or express after a nice warm shower or bath??

Ooohhhh, hope you enjoy your day Soph, I was hoping to get out for a walk with the pram today after midwife came, but the weather is crap, so it is a day at home for us too!!

I feel like I either have a water infection or cystitis, so going to mention it today...just rung around the local vets in an attempt to hunt down our missing kitty, no joy so far.

This morning Reagan says to me 'Mummy, you still have a bit of a fat belly, there must be another baby growing in there yanno?'....'uhhh precious girl, mummy bloody hopes not or I would be very concerned!!'...got to love kids innocence!! :haha:

How's your stomach dan?? Mine has gone down so much which I put down to bf. But I do have that overhang :( can't do nothing about it for another month :(

I'm quite depressed about how I look hate all photos of me and Evan!! My face is all puffy :( I has my hair cut but it's too short so makes me look fatter :(

dan I've had funny sharp feelings down below when I wee'd but it has gone now. No bleeding today either. Fingers x'd it's gone!!!

i dont know what to do, lib wants to feed for hours from about 10 at night and wont settle in her moses basket she will only sleep on her stomach on my chest and i keep falling asleep like that and I dont think its very safe but she just screams if i put her down. she sleeps in i during the day fine tho :(

Soph, I have got overhang too...it grosses me out :cry: hopefully it will go real soon, my tummy has gone right down, breastfeeding helps contract the uterus quicker...but I have the 'flap'...wasn't sure if it was just me after having had my second section!!

Midwife has been, now waiting on doctor to ring, she wants me put on antibiotics for a UTI, and for the wound still leaking where it has opened...bahhhh...and my blood pressure is still up because they tried reducing my pills...was 150/100 today :nope: my bleeding down below is very very minimal now, mainly just after a heavy feed!!

So far not a very good day...I feel like I could cry!!

i dont know what to do, lib wants to feed for hours from about 10 at night and wont settle in her moses basket she will only sleep on her stomach on my chest and i keep falling asleep like that and I dont think its very safe but she just screams if i put her down. she sleeps in i during the day fine tho :(

Evan is very similar. Last night I fed him on and off from 10.30 till around 1.30am. He falls asleep n my chest too. Sometimes if I put him down he wakes and screams so I end up feeding him again. Other times I get it just right and he doesn't wake up. I have also fallen asleep with Evan on my chest too. It freaks me out as I fall asleep without meaning to and wake up all worried. As long as she has her head on its side and not under a duvet then she should be fine??

Does she fall asleep on your boob or take herself off and go to sleep on your chest? That's the time to try and out her down? I have mastered not moving Evan when I put him down, but it is hit and miss x x

It is hard but everyone says it does get easier, so it must right???

:hug:

Soph, I have got overhang too...it grosses me out :cry: hopefully it will go real soon, my tummy has gone right down, breastfeeding helps contract the uterus quicker...but I have the 'flap'...wasn't sure if it was just me after having had my second section!!

Midwife has been, now waiting on doctor to ring, she wants me put on antibiotics for a UTI, and for the wound still leaking where it has opened...bahhhh...and my blood pressure is still up because they tried reducing my pills...was 150/100 today :nope: my bleeding down below is very very minimal now, mainly just after a heavy feed!!

So far not a very good day...I feel like I could cry!!

no I have the flap too :haha: ut I guess it is to be expected. I was the size of a house :rofl: My bump was also saggy underneath by the end as I put on weight and where Evan started to drop down. It isn't TOO bad, but pretty minging to be honest. I hope it goes. I have always had a bit of a pot belly but it has generally been toned and flatish, so this and the stratchmarks I feel pretty shit about it!

See I am annoyed cos the reason the mw came over was cos i can't get to the clinic. So it was pointless her coming round really. My baby needs weighing cos he had weightloss issues and I have bp issues. So that is really bloody crap.

I am trying to think if someone can drive me to docs but no-one can :growlmad:

I might just ring the community midwife team and say I can't get to the doctors so someone will have to come round. I don't want to take Evan out in this shitty weather when I shouldn't have to!!

she comes off the boob and wont go bk on so I put her up on my chest to burp her as the shields give her bad wind and she falls asleep like that with her legs pulled right up. Iv found a thread from pixelle and I could have wrote it myself so it seems as tho all this is normal...

I have overhand to :( Im waiting till after chrimbo to sort mine out gonna have a good christmas and enjoy eating all the food and all the chocolates first lol, I might look pregnant again by january! one of the reasons im following through with this bfing lol!

Yeah, I am not worrying as can't excercise until at least Decemebr as have to wait 6 weeks. Then I might be good for a few weeks then blow out at Christmas and start proper come January!

Gemma I really hope things calm down for you and Libby. I think I come across that I am finding bf easy but I am really not Evan really struggles to latch and seems to be getting worse. He really gets so frustrated and won't put his head in the right place. I use all my different positions and techniques. Once he is on it is ok. I am still a bit concerned about his latch. Midwife said it was perfect last week, but sometimes it kills when he does latch, but doesn't hurt when he gets going. Maybe thats just my nipples a bit tender. But I wonder if he doesn't open his mouth wide enough?

If not then thats something he doesn't get from me as I have a massive gob :rofl:

Have been looking at his pics and have begun to notice he has his daddys mouth in some shots. Makes me sad that wanker doesn't even want to see him. How can men be like that and just not care? :( :shrug:

:nope: I am guessing he knows Evan has arrived?

Breastfeeding is far from easy...I was so close to giving up yesterday and was all ready to give her bottled formula...some days it feels like all I do is feed Amber constantly...and then I woke up this morning...she latched on perfectly, and I couldn't bring myself to give up on looking down into those damn cute eyes as she watches me whilst feeding.

So hard...but worth it :kiss:

I haven't told him. After the last thing he said to me I decided long ago I wasn't going to. I know I should but also know I'll have it thrown back at me.

He does know though because we have many mutual friends including his uncle who I have spoken to (I dont think he knows his nephew is the dad though as I believe he didn't tell anyone) So it would be a case of "You heard Soph had her baby" type thing.

I'm past worrying, being upset, It is me and Evan against the world :haha:

well girls... good luck for tonight ladies, hope we all get some sleep xxx

Hope you all had a good night?

It is his loss Sophie, you will never have to validate your position in Evan's life...yet he will if he decides further down the line that he wants to know.

AFM: Doctors rung after midwife visit yesterday, I have an appointment today at 1.30pm for blood pressure control, antibiotics for a UTI and to swab my wound :dohh: Amber finally settled last night at midnight, then only woke up at 3.30am for a feed, so I feel like I got some sleep last night, which was very much needed!!

Thanks Dani :) I will take each day as it comes. But I firmly believe he has completely denied Evan. It will always be his loss. Hope everything is ok at the doctors :hugs:

We had a very bad night! I think Evan has turned into Libby :haha:

He wouldn't go down in his Moses basket at all for the first time ever. He fed constantly and fell asleep on me numerous times. So I have had crappy broken sleep when I fell asleep with him on me. He is winging now in his basket. I am gonna have a relaxed feed with him and hopefully he'll go down for a few hours this morning.

I think I am going to express some emergency back up so mum can feed him when I want/need a break although I will continue the night feeds x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->