• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I got to the point I was cranky, and I resented my DH because I felt like everything was falling down to me, I felt tied, if that makes sense?

I tried Amber on Aptimal, and it made her a bit sicky, so put her on SMA gold and it is all good, they recommend up to 4 weeks they should have 6 feeds a day of 90mls, which is just under 4 ozs I think...Amber is taking 5 ozs and still wanting more, so may up it, no wonder I stood no chance putting her to sleep if she is that hungry, the booby obviously wasn't meant to be.

With Reagan (my first) I had all the time in the world to sit and express milk for her whilst she was in SCBU, it was so much harder this time already having another child that needs attention too...I breastfed Amber for 2 weeks, she got all the goodness from the start of it, that was important to me...DH loves it now he can curl up on the sofa with her and feed her a bottle..also means I get a chance to soak in a bath (which I did last night)...complete heaven!!

Oh, and my sink is empty, my wash bin is empty, and my house is nearly back to tidy...all in the space of a day!! :haha:

So for us, the bottle works best.

Don't beat yourself up about swapping over GG if you feel it is for the best, the most important thing is that you and Libby are both happy :thumbup:

Soph, can you please change Amber's birth weight on the front page to 7lbs 12 ozs please?

yeh can you take her surname off too it looks daft hehe I think we have decided to name her Libby Alice getting registered next week

oh and little monkey has been asleeo last couple fo hours... she is getting woken up soon but at least iv tidied up for HV x

Hello girlies! :flower:
First night at home last night, not much sleep has been had as I think Erin is following her fellow sparkler babies in being constantly awake and wanting continuous feeds during the night and not settling unless she's being held.
I'm a bit concerned about her latching but we have the midwife coming out today so I will ask her to check it. She's also slightly jaundiced so keeping an eye on that too.
Just can't get over how perfect she is and we're so in love with her :cloud9::cloud9:
Still need to write up my crazy birth story but going to catch a bit of sleep now while she's napping with her daddy.

Will do in the morning Jo :flower:

OMG, Evan went to sleep at 11.30 and woke at 3am for food. He fed till 4am and has gone straight back down. WTF??????????????????????? :happydance:

I am convinced that it was either a growing spurt or it has been too cold for him. It was 16 degrees in my room :dohh: I have him wrapped in more blankets tonight. God I can't wait till he can go in the sleepingbag!!

Gemma I was wondering if maybe the temp was an issue with you and Libby? Maybe she is a bit cold? Or do you have a super toasty house :) x x

I'm thinking maybe temperature has something to do with Kai waking up constantly. Our bedroom gets really cold so I have to wrap him up well.
Last night I had the heating on low all night and he slept a lot more than usual! He had a few feeds throughout the night but they were 20 minutes each and more spaced out.
Might also have helped that I woke him during the day for feeds, not letting him go over 3 hours between.

Hello girlies! :flower:
First night at home last night, not much sleep has been had as I think Erin is following her fellow sparkler babies in being constantly awake and wanting continuous feeds during the night and not settling unless she's being held.
I'm a bit concerned about her latching but we have the midwife coming out today so I will ask her to check it. She's also slightly jaundiced so keeping an eye on that too.
Just can't get over how perfect she is and we're so in love with her :cloud9::cloud9:
Still need to write up my crazy birth story but going to catch a bit of sleep now while she's napping with her daddy.

Glad you're home and doing ok! :hugs:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
No one tells you how hard breastfeeding can be, I was in tears in the hospital because Kai just wouldn't latch properly and rather than him go hungry, I just carried on with sore nipples etc until I spoke to someone and they gave me some nipple shields....they have been a lifesaver! Without them, I probably would have given up BF. I was told I should wean him off them soon, fair enough, but his mouth just won't open wide enough to get the proper latch at the moment.

Cried again yesterday. I'm so sore 'downstairs' from the tears and feeling really bruised so it's hard for me to sit for long periods, which isn't great when Kai is such a milk monster! :lol:
Just felt rubbish really, can't put it into words very well but he's so dependable on me and I felt I was doing things wrong and sometimes I get frustrated (not at him) because he feeds for 6 mins then falls asleep and wants more when I put him down.....it's such hard work but I love him so much and will persevere and stop being such a cry baby! :lol:

Hopefully things will get better with the feeding. In every other regard he's perfect, he rarely cries and seems so content, just wish I could get the hang of feeding him.

All done ladies :)

Evan is wide awake and I want breakfast :haha:

I think I am going to leave him upstairs and out the monitor on. He isn't crying, just wide eyed and looking around :)

Ok, so after a great night Evan hasn't settled hardly at all today!! Admittedly I fancied a lazy day with him in bed but it seems nightime has turned into daytime!!

Also THE NAPPY CHANGES!!!!! Jesus!!! Last night I wasted 3 nappies cos he kept on peeing over himself while I tried to change him. Now he had a poo so I changed him, then within 5 minutes he did a gigantic squirty poo while he was having a munch :haha: Now he is fast asleep. I can't leave him with a dirty bum, but he will scream and i don't want to wake him :shrug::dohh:

Awww soph I know that feeling, Ryan pees all over me almost everytime I take his nappy off! MW came for her last visit today and I've been discharged to HV who is visiting tomorrow afternoon. He was weighed today and is just 1oz off his birth weight, he is FF and doesn't wake for feeds as often as he should, I've been leaving him to sleep as he does wake for his feed every 6 hours or so and seems very content most of the time but been told to wake him up for a feed every 4 hours now (she did say at night I could let him sleep as long as he wanted to though, hehe)

I've just been out today to buy him a different formula too as we had him on c&g and the poor bugger has been constipated for a week. Last night he was in so much pain I was in tears myself trying to comfort him, I felt so helpless...I tried everything to help him go, I managed to get him to drink about 1oz of cooled boiled water and by the next morning he had done a big soft poo! Soo relieved that the water seemed to work, but I'm trying him on aptimil now to see if that works for him a little better. Poor baby! x

hope ryan likes the aptimal :hugs:

well i cant go and get formula...deal was if she didnt hav a good weight gain i would switch... 7 and a half oz's!!!! in a week she only dropped 2oz of her birth weight so were passes birth weight now at 7lb 1/2oz! no wonder im demented !

I have midwife coming tomorrow. I hope Evan has put on at least 3oz then he will be back to north weight and as long as my bp tablets have kicked in and my bp is under control I can be discharged too!!

I have washed and am going to sterilise my electric breast pump. Am thinking of giving Evan a bottle at midnight and see how long he sleeps for. But I don't I don't know when to express? Evan almost empties my boobs regularly and they are always quite soft, unless obviously he hasn't eaten for a while.

app best time to pump is after feeds.. im going to give lib 2oz expressed at her 10/11 feed see if that settles her at all tonight.

How do u know how much to give?? I dunno how much I'll be able to express but thought 4oz was the right amount?! I'm sooo clueless!!!

I meant that as a generic question not how do YOU know lol just in case it came across rude!!! I'm gonna give it a shot. My mum made a good point that maybe getting him used to a bottle will be good cos I'll need to anyway for when I go back to work xx x

It seems we have gone from one extreme to the other!!! Amber was feeding on booby constantly...now I have switched to formula I have to keep waking her for it :dohh:

The health Visitor weighed her today, she is 7lbs 14 and a half ozs :happydance: No need to be weighed for another fortnight now.

I can't get enough of her, I just want to keep sitting and looking at her :cloud9:

thanks for the link gossipgirly!!

Hi :hi: girls! thought id move myself in :coffee:

Hope you and your gorgeous babies are all doing well! Cant believe after all these months we're all finally here!

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Welcome MIH :)

Right well I have attempted the breast pump. By god the electric is sooo much easier. I have expressed 85mls in about 10 mins :) Compared to the dribble on the manual in an hour last week :haha:

So that is just over 3oz. Is that enough, shall I try to get more? Hoe much should he be eating?

3 oz should be enough AM....I expressed the same amount while at the hospital for Maddy yesterday and I fed it to her and she was content. Just watch your Evan's cues...he will let you know when he is full :)

didnt work, i put the pump on the bed for a sec and it leaked :dohh: so he only had 2oz and is still feeding from me :(

well i guess its time to move over here now,
Emily was born 1.26am on 11/11/2010 weighing 8lb 11oz
cant believe shes finally here after all the waiting :) xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho