• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

no libby is still libby lol she is the devil child after 9pm :(

I have an overhang too, its horrible. Went to my 2 week incision check with my dr. Everything is great! :) My scar is awesome, very clean. My bp is doing a lot better and im already down to my prepregnancy weight!!! I can't believe it. Hopefully the weight keeps coming off, that would be glorious. Now I just have to tighten everything, but like you ladies have said Im waiting until after the holidays, cause im not afraid to admit that I love myself some pie! LOL!

Maddy is doing what your little ones are doing. I have been told she is eating more because around 2 weeks they have a growth spurt so they need more food to fuel themselves from the growth spurt. She also is a very cuddly baby too. Its hard putting her in her bassinet because she just crys when i do. I have been naughty and feel asleep with her in bed with me a couple of times and feel horrible about it cause Im so afraid im going to hurt her. Also she seems to have a problem with milk. She has been spitting up my breast milk and when I dont drink or eat dairy she seems to be better. Her weight is still not back up to her birth weight too, so i have to give her an ounce of formula after breastfeeding to help her try and catch up. She has a weigh in next week on wednesday and hopefully she gets caught up. They say a problem why she isnt gaining weight is my diet because i have no appetite! I told them this and they said you have to force yourself to eat. Gotta love drs right.

Evan is still down on his birth weight by 3oz. They want him back to birth weight by friday. i havent needed to top up with formula luckily. she could possibly have some slight intolerence to something u are eating?

As for your appetite affecting your milk, that is rubbish, i read an article that a woman will produce decent milk regardless of what she eats. the proof is women in africa who live off rice a manage to feed their babies xxx

i just dont eat very much now. i was eating like a sandwhich and a small dinner and thats about it. We will see if it helps her chunk up. as for having an intolerance, we think its dairy. I had it when I was a newborn as well. I havent been eating dairy and she seems to be doing a lot better now.

Evan settled at tenish and we went to bed :happydance: he woke for feeding around 12.35, but is still feeding now. Yawn yawn xx

He's just gone to sleep in his own bed!! This parenting malarky is tough!! Time for me to sleep now! My mum woke me at half 7 and Evan, as usual, was asleep on me again.

I need to get him to settle in his own bed again. Do not want bad habits to start!! He needs to learn to feed then sleep just like he did when he was born. He fell out of that routine quickly!! I can't have him on booby for hours then crying when I put him down. It is definite comfort as no milk is coming out and he suckles for seconds or half heartedly before falling asleep.

So tired today! night night ladies! x

Hello ladies!

Just found this thread :)

I'm having problems with feeding Kai. He rarely seems to want to settle into in moses basket, but when he does, he's out for hours on end and I have to wake him to feed....then I'm feeding constantly for hours at a time!

I'm still using nipple shields as he's not latching properly....personally I don't think his mouth is big enough just yet, it doesn't help that I have flat nipples!

Yesterday was the worst day. I was almost constantly feeding from 2pm til 4am and he just would not settle away from my breast. I think it might be a comfort thing at the moment as he's not suckling continually.
I had loads of tears last night as I feel I'm doing something wrong! My OH has been brilliant though, reassuring me etc. He goes back to work on Friday and I'm dreading it!

Other than the feeding issues, little Kai is sooooo well behaved. He rarely cries, he's alert and loves looking around. He doesn't like being changed though :lol:
His cord came off yesterday, which I'm relieved about as I didn't like it...thought I might hurt him when changing him etc.

He's having his first proper bath today :happydance: I've top and tailed him previously but it's now time for a bath!

We're also taking him out to the park for the first time today....still got to fit the car seat base in the car though! :lol:

I'm sooo knackered and always worrying if I'm doing everything ok but I wouldn't change it for the world. I never knew I could love someone so much!

Yay found the thread!!

I am sitting in Flynn's room making sure he sleeps. He has been up and down all night and I think finally he is sleeping. We have been having a fun go at BF. While in the hospital he latched well and loved the boob but my supply was so low he got dehydrated. None of the nurses thought anything was wrong since he could latch like a pro until one saw him quivering cause his blood sugar was so low and helped us supplement with formula. Apparently the lactation consultants at the hospital I delivered at have the nurses so scared of retaliation that they never offer formula to BF mothers. Finally a nurse said eff that and gave us some.

We have been supplementing with formula till yesterday when my milk finally came in. It took getting Flynn to drain me dry everY few hours but it finally worked. Tonight was challenging as he wouldn't settle. We did give him some formula but that only settled him for an hour. I just finished his second feed in an hour and he is passed out. Thank goodness!

lol pixelle if u read back im having exact same problems as you...

flat nipples, nipple shields, waking at night, constant feeding and wont settle in moses basket. Libby has her night and day confused :/ and its gonna be tiring changing that as means iv got to try and keep her awake during day when i need to catch up on my sleep.

welcome girls :) lovely to have some more over x

oh and Libby decided to want to feed from 11.30 - 6am! :( comfort definatly but she wouldnt settle, I only put her down just her dad was coming in the room to get his work clothes! she is asleep now and I should wake her but Im glad of the minutes peace and thinking of having a lie down myself x

Hi ladies, I thought I would officially make my move over here!

Sophie, my details for the front page are:
George Samuel, 04-10-2010 at 11.33pm weighing 6lb 3oz.

So, it seems like we are all sharing the same baby :rofl: as Georgie is another who wants to be permanently attached to the breast especially during the night. During the day he will go in his crib for naps but at night we just can't get him to settle at all. I wonder how long this phase goes on for?

Actually best dash as he is now crying for another suckle ............

Will do in the morning Jo :flower:

OMG, Evan went to sleep at 11.30 and woke at 3am for food. He fed till 4am and has gone straight back down. WTF??????????????????????? :happydance:

I am convinced that it was either a growing spurt or it has been too cold for him. It was 16 degrees in my room :dohh: I have him wrapped in more blankets tonight. God I can't wait till he can go in the sleepingbag!!

Gemma I was wondering if maybe the temp was an issue with you and Libby? Maybe she is a bit cold? Or do you have a super toasty house :) x x

Hey ladies,
things have kinda hit a rough patch with Madelyn. She seems to have got a cold from her daddy and its gotten pretty bad. She had a temp of 100.4 so the dr told me to take her to the childrens hospital here in utah. They are testing her for all these bacterias and viruses just to make sure, they are also giving her antibiotics as a percaution. Its so hard seeing my baby girl like this and the worst part is dh's job is being asses once again and not helping him get someone to cover his shifts. Her temp is down for now, but they are still wanting her to stay here in case it goes up again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

well we had another rough night she went down at 7.30 after a bath and a feed and as if by clockwork so woke 10 -10.30ish and did not sleep until 7am on my chest I cant put her down :( she just feeds and feeds and feeds I have dozed a few times with her on my chest and a bit of cosleep on my side with her sucking but not much... I cant take much more of this :( Midwife and health visitor are coming today so going to speak to them. The bedroom can get a bit cold through the night and when I wrap her up she just wriggles out as she hates being swaddeled so Il try putting on more blankets.

I think Lib is getting a cold too :( she sounds snotty when she is breathing and a little bit weezy, have to keep an eye on that.. bloody visitors lol

The house is a tip im shattered and got MW, HV and my step brother coming today I cant wait till thi phase passes x

Same here, my house was a tip, washing basket overflowing, I just never felt like I had time to even pee as Amber wanted to be latched on constantly.

So for the sanity of my household, and to resume some kind of normality, and to enable me to spend time with my 5 year old too, yesterday I put Amber on bottles...and my god what a difference!!!

She seems to have settled into a 3,7,11 routine, and is sleeping peacefully between feeds...we only got up once in the night for half an hour.

I feel guilty I only breastfed her for 2 weeks...but right now it seems a happy baby = a happy mummy.

Hope your LO is okay BHB.

oh you&me that sounds great, I think I might do the same, im worried im resenting her and oh for my lack of sleep and oh cos he is getting sleep downstairs it means he would help out on the weekend.. which formula did you go with? how much do you give her? seriously consider making the switch at the weekend.. I agree happy mummy = happy baby and im miserable x

I know I don't belong in here just yet but - my friend who breastfed her son for the first 6 weeks switched to formula feeding and her health visitor recommended aptamil. She had no problems with her son swapping over and he seemed rather content - didn't get constipated or overly windy :) its slightly more expensive than say SMA but obly by around 50p or so

haha awww pichi u do belong here.. your still a mummy, she is just still in your tum. Thanks Iv heard good things about apitmal too, they gave her cow and gate in hospital she seemed ok with that but it was only a little bit x

You could always try her on the cartons of aptamil just to see how she takes them? My friend actually did some combined feeding with aptamil and breastfeeding and her little one didn't really notice the difference :haha: she found she swayed more towards formula in the end because she knew exactly how much he was having.

I think the difference between aptamil and C&G is that C&G is slightly richer on their tums :)

I have aptimel as back up!!

Is love a routine, bit can't put him on bottles yet.

Evan woke up at 7 :) so a perfect night from us! It's still tiring I'm still in bed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->