~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

GG - Even if she is not lactose intolerant, the lactose free formula may be easier on her tummy. Of course, Madelyn is on lactose free formula and she still gets miserable.

aw GG i hope you find out whats wrong with little Libby soon :hugs:

Jo, I am combination feeding Amber, she has booby during the day, but formula at night and if we are out and about, it seems to work well for us :thumbup:

Soph, I bet you can't wait to get home!! Mum's are great at helping out and supporting, but it is nice to have your own space.

Amber too has her jabs the week between christmas and new year and her 8 week development check thingy.

I have had lot of smiles today and little legs kicking in excitement :happydance:

anyone tried colic calm gripe water??? im in need of something Michael just doesn't settle after feeds and is always fussy and has an upset tummy im bfing and 1 or 2 formula bottles at night? any advice

Dani, I was feeding like that too but have gone back to boob. No formula today or gavisvon and evan has been a dream :) he slept from 8 till half 11 has fed again and straight to sleep. I need to change his bum tho :(

yeah mums are great...... When u don't live with them :haha:

are u having the jabs the same time as 8 week check? Evans is week before Xmas and sees a nurse then doctor but he doesn't have his jabs til 10 weeks. Couldn't the nurse fo it at 8 week check????

Gemma, I so hope u find out what's up with libby. Maybe try hipp organic milk? Evan puked every last bit of aptimil but takes hipp fine :)

Madelyn gets her first set of shots on Jan. 10.

So I found some Gaviscon, so suppose it IS called the same thing in the U.S., but the place I went didnt have any for infants. :(

Doc wasn't keen on putting her on meds - wants me to try everything else first.
Madelyn has only gained 5oz in 2 weeks. She was 7lbs 6.4oz today.

a few days ago I posted Eva hasn't done a poop in 2 days well the little tacker was saving it all up for today. Not only did she just do the worlds biggest poo but as I was cleaning it she did another one of equal size!!! It just didn't stop! Lol

At the moment she is sleeping on my chest her favourite spot, no matter how unsettled or tired when her head hits my chest she's so comfortable.

I'm sorry for all the babies with reflux, colic and feeding problems. I don't comment on anyone because we don't have any Problems so I have no advice for anyone and don't really want to brag that we have everything so easy. Otherwise I really would contribute more.

Love

I have concluded that Infant Gaviscon does not exist in the U.S. I looked on Amazon and its not on there, but is under Amazon UK. But I have found Gripe water that is in the US so thinking of trying that. Just got to go to wal-mart and HOPE they sale it because not sure about ordering from Amazon .. don't really buy online too often.

:yipee: She did it!!! Amber has just slept through the night, for a solid 8 hours!! From 9.45pm ish to now, 6am!! :yipee:

She woke, took a couple of ozs and has gone back to sleep again!! No point me going back to bed now as the alarm will go off in an hour and I will need to get everyone up for the school run, so I am making the most of sitting in the quiet with a cuppa coffee.

Sophie, my doctors booked her check first with the doctor, then we go straight in to the nurse for her jabs :thumbup: I also have my 6 week check up with the doctor next week, have been going for weekly blood pressure checks (yesterday was 120/70) and they have been weaning me off the tablets, and will halve them again next week, so I should be completely off them in a few more weeks :happydance:

Gemma, I agree with the trying Hipp Organic, it is meant to be good milk, we have tried it once when I run out of Aptimil, and it seems pretty good stuff and there is no difference in price from Aptimil.

DF, there is a thread over in the breast feeding section for you that someone started, I came across it this morning:

https://www.babyandbump.com/breastfeeding/481152-fao-dragonfly.html#post8121877

Welll I have been told evan has to see the nurse before the doctor at 8 week check. Maybe they got confused and That is when they do the jabs? I'm going this afternoon to discuss Evans reflux, check my bp (also weaning me off dani) and hopefully squeeze in 6 week check. I had it booked with another doctor but cancelled it As had to see the other doctor re reflux so thought he could do my check.

What do they do at 6 week check? How long does it take?

Evan slept well, woke up about 3am. Think hr slept with mr after that, he has fed but didn't really wake up for it :)

Welll I have been told evan has to see the nurse before the doctor at 8 week check. Maybe they got confused and That is when they do the jabs? I'm going this afternoon to discuss Evans reflux, check my bp (also weaning me off dani) and hopefully squeeze in 6 week check. I had it booked with another doctor but cancelled it As had to see the other doctor re reflux so thought he could do my check.

What do they do at 6 week check? How long does it take?

Evan slept well, woke up about 3am. Think hr slept with mr after that, he has fed but didn't really wake up for it :)

I can't remember my 6 week check from Reagan, but I think they do it differently now, I think they get you to do some questionaire thing to check for PND, they should check your BP, weight (?) and as we were sections, they should check how that is healing, and I think it is just general questions, like how are your boobies if you are breastfeeding.

What dose of Labetalol are you on now?

I stopped bleeding over 2 weeks ago, but had some yesterday and have got mega tummy ache this morning, it feels like period pain :wacko: Could AF be on it's way back, or is it just the pill messing me up?

:happydance: for babies finally starting to realise the difference between day and night!!

Maybe he won't be able to do it then this afternoon, oops! I hope he can though! My bp was almost normal last time so went down to 100 mg twice a day :)

I've got so confused on all my appointments! 6 week check was at 3pm but as a different doc wanted to see evan at 4.20 I cancelled it thinking it was just bp check :dohh:

betheney, you are very lucky although evan is like a different child right now :) he's feeding from boob normally! No cluster feeding! He had no formula yesterday yay! So my supply is unaffected :) he settles and mostly goes down but sometimes sleeps on me. Then he has his wake times where he is bright eyed and alert, no screaming :)

he is 6 weeks today. Could everyone saying 6 weeks is a turning point actually be true???have I made it?? :haha:

I think pixie is learning the difference between night and day (I think) :happydance:

AM isn't it at 6w they get their first lot of jabs? I'm sure I read that on a leaflet from the HV.

GG hope the change in formula helps Libby.

You&me woo hoo for a block of 8h sleep! Can't wait to have her sleep through :)

Hope everyone is well xx

I'm about to attempt some xmas shopping today :dohh:

Thanks you and me for the link I wouldnt have seen that other wise.

I am still bleeding and have thrush from it.

I think I had thrush in the first week of bleeding too DF. Its kinda tailing off now - more like mucky CM now if that makes any sense :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->