~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I am a boring mummy in the night time feed :haha: I don't talk, kiss or play with Amber, as hard as it is, she now realises that it is for a feed only purpose, and these last two night's has only taken 2ozs, then self settled until 7am...I am trying not to get my hopes up that she is working towards going through the night as she has gone back to cluster feeding before bedtime, I think Reagan slept through at 6 weeks...this time around I will most likely have a 1 year old still waking :rofl:

When do you go back home Soph?

Jo, did you start on formula with Georgie last night? If so how did it go?

My poor Madelyn gets so miserable after feeds. It comes and goes, and each time she screams or fusses until she either burps or spits up. I hate the spitting up, it goes EVERYWHERE. She just did one and it ended up all the way on her legs?? Bleh.

I have resorted to letting her sit around in her diaper because honestly? SICK of changing clothes after each feed.

:( I think maybe you would benifit from some infant gaviscon... its helped us instantly

I dont usually talk to libby either, I have the lights dim and feed her on my nursing chair as sitting in bed is so uncomfy...we are not doing to bad but she is no-were near ready to sleep through night, the most she goes is 5hours. Iv embraced co-sleeping though, I love it now... iv ordered a bed guard and she is gonna sleep side instead of middle so dan can get back into bed with us instead of couch. I love her little eyes peering up at me, Il still try and put her down first every night and after feeds but if she doesnt settle im not gonna stress... I have discovered why she wakes so much, the stupid dummy falls out her mouth and when she is snuggled up it stays in against me.. she doesnt settle without one tho, nothing I can fo about this.

Still cant put her down, she is zonked on me and I think half of the problem is her dummy falling out as it stays pressed in when she is snuggled against me. Nothing I can do about it though she needs one to settle as she comfort sucks.. she has got a cherry teat as she cant keep the orthadontic ones in her mouth..

How much are ff babies feeding? Libby takes about 600 mls a day I worked outas have been jotting it down so like 22-23oz a day but vairies as sometimes she takes 3/4/5 6oz different times a day... gettin her weighed thursday, cant wait!

Have you tried using sellotape to keep the dummy in? :haha: Only kidding!!

GG - Madelyn loves her pacifier (dummy) as well. I went through this with Joseph already so I can deal with it. Its a lot easier when they get older, because you just insert the pacifier again and they go right back to sleep (or atleast my son did). But this little sometimes it doesn't work out that way. :haha: I bet you didn't want to hear that if you stick with the pacifier you will be doing this for months to come I am sure. But I did with Joseph, so imagine it will be the same this time around and that it is the same with other parents as well. Of course, once Joseph got a bit older he would sleep without it or put it back in his mouth.

I hope doctor prescribes a medication for reflux for Madelyn today - or I will ask what or if I can buy something over the counter for it.

:wacko: Blimey, never realised you have to keep putting it back in their mouths for months!! (I have never used dummies, so completely hopeless with advice on them...hence the sellotape suggestion!! :blush:)

iv been tempted haha!

It's gotta be the less permanant option to super glue!! :haha:

lol :haha:

GG - Madelyn loves her pacifier (dummy) as well. I went through this with Joseph already so I can deal with it. Its a lot easier when they get older, because you just insert the pacifier again and they go right back to sleep (or atleast my son did). But this little sometimes it doesn't work out that way. :haha: I bet you didn't want to hear that if you stick with the pacifier you will be doing this for months to come I am sure. But I did with Joseph, so imagine it will be the same this time around and that it is the same with other parents as well. Of course, once Joseph got a bit older he would sleep without it or put it back in his mouth.

I hope doctor prescribes a medication for reflux for Madelyn today - or I will ask what or if I can buy something over the counter for it.

sellotape it is then

maybe i cd wean her off it

you&me - It could very well be different with other children, just speaking from my personal experience. But I got up many times a night well in to 5 months with Joseph. Its not too horrible because you just put it back in their mouths and go back to bed. And you can do that when your still half asleep so you don't even have to wake all the way up. :haha:

GG - Definitely. They recommend you only use a pacifier up to 6 months anyway. Of course, my son is 13 months and still has one. :wacko: But he is bottle broken, lol. Of course he never cared for the bottle so that was easy. :haha:

Also, they say at 6 months it usually only takes a day or two for them to forget about the pacifier, whereas when they are older they don't forget it as easily so breaking them of it is a lot harder.

thank godness for internet, it means sitting on couch with her all day is a lot less tedious

Reagan is a thumb sucker because I never gave her a dummy...she still sucks it now, only when she is falling asleep though, then once she is asleep she lets it fall out.

I think they say to stop using them at 6 months aswell because constant use in an older child can do something to the pallette that can interfere with speech? (I could be wrong on this one!!)

I definitely agree. My computer wasn't working yesterday and I was miserable! This is really the only "social' interaction I have .. with adults that is.

Reagan is a thumb sucker because I never gave her a dummy...she still sucks it now, only when she is falling asleep though, then once she is asleep she lets it fall out.

I think they say to stop using them at 6 months aswell because constant use in an older child can do something to the pallette that can interfere with speech? (I could be wrong on this one!!)

I am not sure - but my son only has his for naps, bedtime and car rides as of now. I REALLY want to start breaking him but fear he will be an absolute terror for naps and bedtime. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->