~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

I think I will :) They have to come visit me anyway as far as I have been told by HV up here. A bit like when they come the first time I think to check all is ok etc.

I am scared and excited :)

I'm gonna be a proper single mum all on my own :(

Good luck with the coil fitting. I haven't even thought about contraception yet. I want to go back on combined pill but can't whilst bf.

Well after OH's "empty promise" which resulted in the bloody morning after pill I needed something sorting and had the coil before Leo which was great.

You'll do a fab job being a single mum, it's so obvious that Evan is your world :D xx

Wow, talk about a crazy day here in Fargo, so glad I stayed in the house all day. All the interstates are closed and highways closed. 100 car pile up on interstate...this happened at 10am, its now 10 pm and there are still people trapped in cars...weather is so bad they cant get them out.

My mom works for the jail, and the road she has to take is closed, so she's being picked up by the sheriff, on a snowmobile, will be a 30 mile drive to the jail to...crazy.

Jaxon takes his 'dummy' only when he's really fussy or waiting for a bottle. Only lasts for about 20 minutes tops.

Evan has just gone to sleep in his Moses basket in the lounge so I am on the sofa. Turns out he has conjunctivitis. It appeared about an hour ago, no signs before very quick indeed! I've just cleaned his green gunky sticky eye poor love.

Would it make him not sleep? I know he's a shit sleeper but nowhere near this bad (last time he had a night this bad was before the reflux was diagnosed) also I am meant to be going to my cousins tonight fog new gear. She has 2 kids aged 4 and 2 am I gonna have to stay away? Therefore be on my own? :(

unfortunatly yes its highly contagious, are u sure it is conjunctivtus? :(

poor evan, libby is much better with the painful farts now with colief, have u tried cutting dairy out of ur diet? colief is a lactose disolving enzyme

She is a diferent baby now we are home, back to herself and sleeping better she fell asleep on me after her bath and I dream fed her 10.30 and she woke at 5.30 feel bad for caliin her my demon child and satans spawn lol she clearly just was all to pot from being away from home but the constant screaming was so draining.

Glad libby us back to normal :)

maybe cutting out dairy would be an idea, eurgh at the thought though lol!!

I dunno what else it could be other than conjunctivitis. Classic gooey eyes. Greeny, yellow discharge crusty eyes sticking together. His eye looks swollen and puffy too. Gonna make appoitment with doctors x

Got an appointment at 11.15. He looks so poorly and he must be so tired (not as tired as me though) I have some breastmilk ready in a steralised medicine spoon to dribble onto his eye. I have also given him some calpol and he has calmed down and is all sleepy. So I need to get a little pippette dropper thingy and a syringe for the calpol.

My cousin doesn't care and still wants me to go round hers so at least I won't be on my own tonight :)

Argh its 40 degrees here today and im having a bad day, was sitting up in the middle of the night last night crying and BF Elleah as out of the blue my nipples are sore again. She latches properly (though its hard as i have big boobs and small nipples, one of which is inverted) i think its just from over use lol. Just when i think im winning the BF battle, this happens again. Its awful. It makes me feel physically sick and dread feeding her, oh the pain!! :(

I feel so bad im resorting to giving her a bottle of formula tonight as im so sore and im hardly expressing anything and feel like i have no choice :(

GG, glad Libby is back to normal!!

Sophie, Poor Evan, hope it goes okay at the quacks...have you tried a warm bath as part of a bedtime thing?...sometimes that can ease trapped wind for them...and I agree, it is so so obvious that Evan is everything to you, you are doing a fab job as a single mummy and will continue too when you go home!! :flower:

Shan, big :hugs: Hope it gets a bit easier for you.

FGS, there is nothing at all wrong with giving a dummy if baby needs it :baby:, we have been quite lucky in that Amber will settle without one, my first never had one either...so I have no clue about using them.:dohh:

AFM: It hasn't been noticeable that Amber even had her immunisations...she has not changed, or been grumpy from them at all :happydance:...we have slept through the last 2 nights from 10pm til 7.30-8am, then she comes in bed with me for snuggles and booby...I adore that time with her :cloud9:

I started weight watcher's last night, my friend is the Leader of the meeting I went too, so she put me down as one of her helper's so I don't have to pay the weekly fee :haha:

We are staying in tonight, we was invited out, but I can't be arsed, means it would be me driving, then trying to deal with two tired and grumpy children when we left to come home in the middle of the night...so we are being boring and staying home!

Bartness That sounds like a nightmare - I'll bet your so glad you stayed in

GG Glad Libby is back from the "dark side" ;)

Soph GG is right, it's really contagious - I'm sure the Dr will give you something but I have heard breast milk is good so do keep dabbing some on.

Shan Don't feel bad, you are doing fab with the BFing :) Please can we have some of that heat over here please!!

Thanks ladies for all your input re the dummy - I haven't used it yet but if I need to I'll be much happier about doing so after all your comments :)

Well, I had my mirena put in this morning - happy birthday me, lol - and was surprised at how not-uncomfortable it was. That's us now sorted for the next 5 years. Actually I've just had a thought and I never asked - is it ok to BF with it??

Another question for those of you whose LO's have had their jabs - did the Dr or nurse administer them?

Thanks again ladies
Jo
xx

Happy birthday jo :) x x

I have bathed him and have the johnsons bedtime stuff which does work :) but I don't bath him everyday as didn't think u were supposed to as it dries the skin? I bath him probs every other day. That's something I shall start when back home :)

doctors was fine. Very bad case of conjunctivitis. By the time we got there he couldn't even open his eye for the swab. He's on oral antibiotics as it's so bad so will dab bm on it too. He's had a bath and it's all clean but very red a swollen :(

can't drink tonight as doctor said I should have a low threshold re raking him to out if hours doctor. So if he gets a hint if a temp, won't eat, or won't stop crying :(

mean mummy I took photos so u can see I'll add it in a bit. Gives u an idea of what it can be like!! It happened within an hour around 4am... That quick!!

SB - as long as she is getting fed there is no issue hun

edit oo missed out a page

:hi: you and me, will have to start stalking your journal

im not sure about mirena, i think maybe I should get one too..

I bath libby every night sop, if she gets a little dry I just use olive oil, we use the johnsons stuff but she has been fine so far, I just avoid her hair sometimes if its getting a little flakey xxx

:hugs: shan i hope things get better. i totally know how you're feeling i was like that at times too fortunately it just seems to pass, sometimes the pain comes back but never lasts..xx

I'm going to have to change my siggy, i am no longer a proud cosleeper - i dont know whether to laugh or cry! I love having the bed back and be able to sleep any which way i like but nights are a lot harder and i get a lot less sleep now she's in her crib. Plus i miss waking up to her in the mornings.

She did so well though i didnt think she would sleep in the crib fullstop but she even put herself to sleep in it!!!

yeh iv had to stop too so dan cld get bk inm bed off couch, but she comes in for cuddles on a morning x

Jo, nurse did the jabs x

I'm gonna start bathing him everynight then and see if that makes a difference. Cos he doesn't have regular feed times I guess I've been a bit lazy :haha:

Thanks Missmammatobe x

I hated taking Elleah to get her jabs Gossipgirly so i know the feeling, but its over in a few seconds and i didnt have any problems afterwards so im sure u wont either. I wish we didnt have to do it at all :( Poor bubbas

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->