~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Hi Ladies
Not been on for weeks as had to give BnB a miss to concentrate on being a Mum - loving every second but it all flashes by so quick!
Hope you all had a very merry xmas and happy new year with your new additions
Lol xx
Heres a couple of fairly recent pics of Phoebe
1.jpg

Picture 029.jpg

2.jpg

Anna - Glad Evan's eye is better now!

Bartness - Glad to hear that you stocked up ahead of time. How are things now?

All the babes are gorgeous!!! xx

Today I am dealing with a cranky Madelyn and Joseph! Bleh. I tell ya, its ok most of the time. But when they are both having a bad day it is horrible! Joseph is teething, so I know why he is cranky. But Madelyn is a big guessing game 90% of the time as she is fed and changed. Only thing I can do it burp her and hope she is better.

I think she is just too young, libbys times vary everyday and she is currently still awake now getting cuddles from daddy , your not doing anything wrong xx

ahhh I done it again, there is another page haha!

yeah eryn's been grizzly pass few nites which normally she isnt so shes up right now gettin a back rub from daddy , durin day shes fine x

Soph So glad Evan is feeling better - I hope it's also a start to him sleeping in his basket on his own.

Kayley GG is right, Megan is probably too young for a routine - Leo's times are all over the place and he also sometimes likes to be cuddled all the time. I think it's just a case of waiting until they are a little older when a routine can be introduced. Please don't feel guilty :)

Silas I hope the wee ones are feeling better soon.

:hug: to anyone I missed.

AFM - well, Leo has been really unsettled tonight and wanting to comfort suckle so we tried the dummy!!! It did the trick and he was out like a light within minutes. I just hope he's not gonna rely on it all the time although without wanting to tempt fate he's gone off twice since without it.

Jo
xx

AFM - well, Leo has been really unsettled tonight and wanting to comfort suckle so we tried the dummy!!! It did the trick and he was out like a light within minutes. I just hope he's not gonna rely on it all the time although without wanting to tempt fate he's gone off twice since without it.

Ah, glad to hear it worked! Stanley doesn't need his every time to fall asleep. We only offer it if he's fussing but sometimes he keeps his mouth firmly shut and goes off by himself, or spits it out if he's taken it. If it's not built in as an every time thing, then hopefully he'll just take it if he needs it, and sounds like he really did last night!

Please help me :(

During the day Megan won't sleep at all! She'll be clean, dry, fed, swaddled, has a dummy been spoken to and played with and she just won't settle to sleep! She seems content if we are holding her and doesn't whinge too much but if I need to put her down she'll REALLY kick off! She will scream and scream until I pick her up again. She only seems to sleep if I rock her or if she is out in her pushchair or the car!

At night she won't settle to sleep in her crib until I go to bed, then I warm up her crib first with a hot water bottle and hold her hand through the bars of the crib until she falls asleep. She will then sleep for about 3-4 hours then wakes for a feed then I will be able to settle her again for another 3 hours. so during the night isnt too big a prob its just settling her in the first place!

I don't know what I am doing wrong! Why wont she go to bed at 7/8am - is she too young? Is she too young for a bedtime routine?

I HATE leaving her to cry and think she may be too young for this.

Please help! Have you ladies managed to get a sleep plan sorted?

We've only just started trying to get raphi into a nighttime routine and we're having similar problems. I left her to cry the other night and HATED it like you. I think babes are still v. young and like everything else it will just take some learning. I dont know if your breastfeeding or not but atm i'm thinking of it like bfing which took a LOT of patience and perseverance on my behalf an a little learning on LOs part and finally we got it. Hoping its gna be the same with sleep and routine. :hugs:

libby has to have hers ALL the time jo :( so ur lucky. I ruined any kind of routine we have had last few days as she wakes up for her 10-11 feed all smiley and i just cant resist and interact with kisses and cuddles and talking 2am she is still stirring whoops.

Although my baby is poorly with cold today so i think thats why she has been twisty... 9 weeks and first proper cold, not bad i think but :( i have a nuk sucky thing for snot and got a huge candlestick out her nose....so satisfying haha

I am really starting to wish I could just run away. It seems as if nothing wants to go right, and if it does then it doesn't last very long! :(

:cry: I am such a drama queen about things, but I am just so stressed out right now its not even funny!

During the day Megan won't sleep at all! She'll be clean, dry, fed, swaddled, has a dummy been spoken to and played with and she just won't settle to sleep! She seems content if we are holding her and doesn't whinge too much but if I need to put her down she'll REALLY kick off! She will scream and scream until I pick her up again. She only seems to sleep if I rock her or if she is out in her pushchair or the car!

At night she won't settle to sleep in her crib until I go to bed, then I warm up her crib first with a hot water bottle and hold her hand through the bars of the crib until she falls asleep. She will then sleep for about 3-4 hours then wakes for a feed then I will be able to settle her again for another 3 hours. so during the night isnt too big a prob its just settling her in the first place!

I don't know what I am doing wrong! Why wont she go to bed at 7/8am - is she too young? Is she too young for a bedtime routine?

Our babies seem very similar!

Kai has been a nightmare for a couple of weeks now. He will just not sleep unless he's in someone's arms. I've been tearing my hair out with it and just don't know what to do. I can't carry on holding him all the time. He'll be totally asleep and as soon as I put him down, he'll wake and cry until I pick him up again....hence why I haven't been on here..no time!
I always have to rock or dance him to sleep, he won't just fall asleep.
I'm just totally knackered.

I'm not so bothered about a routine now, as I know he's a little young and it'll come when he's ready.....I just want him to get some bloody sleep...any time will do! :lol:

Even night feeds are a nightmare...he'll be awake at least an hour and a half after feeding, and at that time in the morning, it does my head in!

He's so whingy too, probably cos he's tired but bloody fights it!

Sorry Kayley, I have no advice. I just know what you're going through.

At night she won't settle to sleep in her crib until I go to bed, then I warm up her crib first with a hot water bottle and hold her hand through the bars of the crib until she falls asleep. She will then sleep for about 3-4 hours then wakes for a feed then I will be able to settle her again for another 3 hours. so during the night isn't too big a prob its just settling her in the first place!

Our babies seem very similar!

Kai has been a nightmare for a couple of weeks now. He will just not sleep unless he's in someone's arms. I've been tearing my hair out with it and just don't know what to do. I can't carry on holding him all the time. He'll be totally asleep and as soon as I put him down, he'll wake and cry until I pick him up again....hence why I haven't been on here..no time!
I always have to rock or dance him to sleep, he won't just fall asleep.
I'm just totally knackered.

I'm not so bothered about a routine now, as I know he's a little young and it'll come when he's ready.....I just want him to get some bloody sleep...any time will do! :lol:

Even night feeds are a nightmare...he'll be awake at least an hour and a half after feeding, and at that time in the morning, it does my head in!

He's so whingy too, probably cos he's tired but bloody fights it!

Sorry Kayley, I have no advice. I just know what you're going through.

I am sorry ladies, I have no advice either as I am another one who's baby needs to be attached one way or another at all times so I know exactly how you feel. I still co-sleep so unless I am on the loo or in the shower, he is with me every other minute of the day, that is why it has been so nice having hubby home over Christmas. Having a play mat and gym has given me a little bit of extra hands free time, but he likes me to sit there with him squeaking the toys on his gym, so no real break. In the 8 weeks since George has been here, I have cooked just twice! Luckily I have an understanding husband!

We have said that we will coast along as we are for now but once he hits 12 weeks and is no longer a newborn, we will start trying to implement a gentle bedtime routine :haha: Not holding much hope on it working though!

Well, I finally got plowed out of my apartment. Took till about midnight though, so I was snowed in since Weds night.

Today I am taking Jaxon to get his pics taken.

Tomorrow I go back to work. I am totally dreading going back to work. I dont want to. OH and I both want me to stay home with Jaxon, its just not affordable. Sucks, I've already cried twice today.

Bartness I'm sorry you have to go back to work :(

:hugs: To all those with clingy babies. It's hard isn't it. I want Leo to stay a tiny lion forever but then it'll be so nice when he's a bit bigger and we can get a routine going and maybe even master leaving the house before dinner time ;)

THe only thing that makes me feel ok about going to work is who is my babysitter. My cousin is a stay at home mom, and her and her husband could use extra $$, so she's watching Jaxon for me (were paying the same we would a daycare). She is an amazing mom and I know Jaxon will be in good hands with her.

I'm sure I"ll be texting Niki all day tomorrow asking her how Jaxon is, will probably drive her nuts!

THe only thing that makes me feel ok about going to work is who is my babysitter. My cousin is a stay at home mom, and her and her husband could use extra $$, so she's watching Jaxon for me (were paying the same we would a daycare). She is an amazing mom and I know Jaxon will be in good hands with her.

I'm sure I"ll be texting Niki all day tomorrow asking her how Jaxon is, will probably drive her nuts!

I underdstand totally - I text OH from the bath to check Leo is ok - lol
xx

Haha Jo u mentalist :)

bartness I couldn't imagine going back to work now. I couldn't leave him, although I realise that is cos I don't need to therefore I am not mentally ready. I do hope it goes ok :)

silas I'm sorry u still feel very down. No words really but yr doing a dab job with 2 young kids xxx

pixelle/kayley/jo1/jo2 - you know I'm also in the my baby doesn't go to bed routine!!! He seems to be settling better the last few days. I'm lucky though that he loves his swing and falls asleep in it. Up to 3 hours respite sometimes!!

I agree about the 12 weeks thing I'm doing the same although will implement a loose routine even I'd sometimes it happens at 12am!!

Evan still generally sleeps on bed with me. Sometimes next to me sometimes over my chest. He went 2am to 9am with mr barely waking to latch him on at whatever random time! It works for us after weeks of hell. I just decided if that was the only way he'd sleep decently then so be it and I am getting kip too now :)

libby doesnt have one either, and doesnt like to be put down only thing we impliment is a bath and a bottle at 6-7pm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->