~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

lib is nearly out of 0-3 her legs are getting too long

ahhh we have regressed im so fed up now

Gorgeous Sparkler babies!! :D:D

Here are my babes. Honestly it was the best I could do with two lol. Joseph wouldn't cooperate with me that day and never tried again lol.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs013.snc6/166301_1806410962487_1306290029_2089817_3410234_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs074.snc6/168484_1806411522501_1306290029_2089818_765824_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs732.ash1/162667_1806413922561_1306290029_2089820_4914661_n.jpg

hahaha silas those photos are so cute and funny, he clearly isnt impressed x

We have beautiful babies :D

Jo (Coco) - I posted on your FB asking if those pics had been taken with an SLR - you can SO tell from the sharpness.

Can I ask a couple of questions?

1) Leo hasn't poo'd since Sunday night - should I be
worried?

2) *puts stupid hat on* - how do you know when bubs has drained the boob dry?

Jo
xx

hmm i would say no not yet but then again im not sure with bfing i know ff its ok, actually im sure my cous who is bfing has said in convo daniel sometimes doesnt poop for a few days then explosion

Can't wait for that GG - lol

I do have a leaflet that says BF babies can go a few days but you still worry don't you. I still worry he's not getting enough milk from me but he doesn't show signs that he isn't.

I'm going to get him weighed tomorrow so if nothing materialises before then I'll ask the HV.

xx

Just found out our car may need a new engine and therefore has to stay in the shop until further notice. I am completely stressed out as that means we will have no car for however long and with 2 kids? Just not acceptable!! :cry: So if I need to go to the store I will have to walk and its cold and so don't even know!! :(

Jo (fgs) I have no idea if/when evan drains a boob but I got badly engorged yesterday and when evan had had enough booby was very soft. I think there is always some milk in boobs though. I have just gone by how often and long evan feeds for, if he has wet/dirty nappies and his weigh ins. I also offer formula if I think he's still hungry which is not often.

Jo (coco) evan outgrew his newborn aleepsuits at around 6 weeks, his newborn vests at about 7 weeks and newborn trousers over the past couple of weeks depending on how bog they come up. He still has newborn tshirts, jumpers and cardigans which fit, as does his snowsuit. 0-3 babygros are getting too small now in the leg but his other 0-3 for perfect or are too big. So in answer to your question when evan reached around 9.5lbs did he move into 0-3.

To be honest tho I try the clothes if they're too small they get packed away and if still too big leave them for another time so it's been a slow transition. Can't wait to put him in 3-6 as bought some great stuff from next :)

silas your babies are sooo cute :)

well I bathed evan at 9 and we went to bed at 9.40. He slept on/off till11.30 then the scream fit came. Gave him bottle changed bum now asleep wrapped up on me. So progress from last night (those who read my shit mum thread will know)

love to all x x x

2) *puts stupid hat on* - how do you know when bubs has drained the boob dry?

Jo
xx

Usually boob goes really soft, mine dont get enorged really anymore so thats not always so

bubs stops swallowing and just sucks, you should see under her chin fill up and gulping movements if they are still getting milk.

Or

Baby takes themselves off the boob after a good feed

We do all have beautiful babies :D

Jo (FGS), I know I answered you on FB but yes, they were taken on my new Xmas pressie SLR. Ever since I first saw one of DF's amazing photo's of William , I have wanted to get a decent camera and learn how to take good photographs. And now I can! Even though I have the camera set to auto (waiting for my books to arrive so I can start learning) you can already see such a difference!

Georgie doesn't poo every day, I was told that is perfectly fine for BF babies as constipation is not so much of an issue as it is with FF babies. Saying that, I also worry if its been a few days and he has not been.

I always get confused about this whole draining of boobs thing as on one hand they talk of draining them and then they say that your boobs are not like a bucket which can be emptied but more like a river which has a constant supply. I guess I find it that bit harder as even though my supply is up to a level which can sustain Georgie (with just a small top up each day now) my boobs still never get really full and hard, even if it has been sometime between feeds.

Sophie, Thanks for the sizing advice, everything in 0-3 still seems slightly too big but I shall make sure its all washed and ready as I am sure he will be in at last a few of them in the next week or so. At least I have got good wear out of his newborn clothes :haha:

I didn't read your other post as its been ages since I read anything other than this thread (must make more effort!) but it sounds like you are having a bit of tough time at night :hugs: glad progress has been made x

Kala, hope your car is soon fixed, I hate not having a car. Can the garage not loan you a courtesy car until he work is done?

AFM: Georgie was weighed this morning and now weighs 8lb 11oz (will be 9 weeks old tomorrow) so he is putting on a good amount each week now. We still top up once (some times twice) a day, with a 4oz bottle of formula, which I don't think I will try to phase out as it gives me a break when daddy does the feed ( and he often poos during his bottle so daddy has to do it :haha:).

Not much else to report, hope everyone else is ok x

Nope, no courtesy car. Never heard of such a thing here in the US actually. Only if your insurance covers it I think, but I think that may just be for body repairs? Eh, IDK. Stress overload, swear I can't catch a break. Woke up this morning with a sore throat and pretty sure this cold-like thing I have had for past 3 weeks is getting worse. Probably because I had to walk to the store the other night ...

Madelyn did my head in last night when we first went to bed. Don't think she was ready to sleep! It took me 2 hours of getting up and down and then I had to feed her. A bit after that she finally settled (have no idea WHAT time it was!) until 7:30 this morning. I was already up at that time. Thankfully I think she'll be much like Joseph and be a good sleeper as she really only wakes because she is hungry.

I meant to get up at 5 am to give her a feed so that her last feed of the day would be at 8pm as she eats every 3 hrs minimum and we go to bed usually between 7-9pm so when I have to feed her at 10pm for bed I have to get up and feed her and that just messes me up a bit lol. So I was trying to get her last feed at 8pm. I'll have to try that tomorrow! Lol. If she wakes me up at 5am I'll feed her but not sure I'll make myself get up ... :haha:

For those of you not on my facebook. :)

Brother & Sister Time :D

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs064.snc6/167478_1806674289070_1306290029_2090384_4283914_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs073.snc6/168331_1806677569152_1306290029_2090396_4130375_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs036.snc6/166681_1806676569127_1306290029_2090392_7266544_n.jpg

Well went back to work yesterday, and its gone down hill after that.

Had to pay $300 to cover my insurance for last two weeks. Found out my insurance premiums went up. SO now instead of taking home $700, Im taking home $500 every two weeks. Then I get two nice happy phoen calls from Clinic and hospital. They are REFUSING to work with me on lowering my payments, Clinic is deamanding $200 and Hospital is deamnding $400 a month. Im about to just leave work crying.

Thats ridiculous Bartness, how do they expect people to live when they want them to dish out $600 dollars to clinic and hospital? Idiots! Just like a medical collector calling me asking when I was going to pay, I say IDK and they want to come at me saying well these people deserved to be paid as they provided you care blah blah. Well honey if I had $500 just sitting around then I would surely pay them but I don't! :nope: HUGE :hugs: to you.

THanks Silas. I'm going to be spendign my Friday calling and demandign to speak to supervisors. Seriously these people are makign me choose there biills over having a place to live and feeding my child. I swear to god, Im going to flip out on them when I talk to them.

I don't blame you hon. I would probably lose it myself and I think the only way to get across to people sometimes is to be rude as they just expect you to pay and you really have no other choice than to not pay or do without something else that you or your children need.

What Gemma says ^^

I am always gob smacked at what you ladies have to pay for your medical care. I am so pleased we live in a country that sees health care as a basic human right. Just hope it stays that way!

I am jealous of NHS tbh. To know that when I am sick that I could just go to the doctor would be an amazing stress-reliever. But that just is not the case over here, suppose we all have to deal with it no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->