***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I'm cheating this time - there's a few sellers on eBay who do prepacked hospital bags so I'm just going to buy one of them & then add in the special bits like the clothes for her to come home in and necessities like my own clothes :)

Well that's handy! I didn't know they offered such a thing :)

Oh my goodness - you ladies are so prepared!! I feel like I have nothing ready so far! I do have a breast pump and all the accessories for that, I have the crib up (but won't be using it the first month or two, so I still need a bassinet), and I have a couple outfits that were given as gifts. Our first is 10 years old and we have nothing left from him, BUT, I'm having 2 showers in the next month, so I'm hoping to catch up to some of you ladies soon.

As far as hospital bag.... some of you have yours packed already?! Dh asked me about one a week or two ago and I told him to drop it - too early to think about that. :haha: Should I really be packing already? You're all making me feel so unprepared. :dohh:

For the US girls - when do you talk to your pediatrician to inform them you've got a lil' one coming? I don't know if I should be doing that soon or wait another month or so. I can't remember those kinds of details from last time. I AM planning on pre-registering a the hospital this week. My doc told me to do it at 24 weeks, but I felt that was just too early.

Cridge, we're having 2 showers at the end of September/early October so there are still quite a few items I don't have. I'm thinking about all the things I can do now to compensate for the unprepared feeling I'm experiencing due to the fact I'm waiting for my showers to really buy the necessities. I did just check the registry though and I think the hostesses for one of my showers just bought our stroller! That's a huge relief!

As for the pediatrician... we have an appointment set with one in 3 weeks. My doctor suggested we do meetings/selection now (early third tri) to prepare them for the baby and to make sure he's registered as a new patient before he gets here. I think you'd be safe to let them know now. At least it'd be one thing you could mark off the list :)

I think the first time I over packed to the max! I also had a bag of snacks and water since the menu at the hospital I was at wasnt the best and I dont eat beef or pork and thats all they served! This time I think ill take....

ME:

Kotex overnight pads with wings (cheap and GREAT! The longer pad the better)
Tooth brush, hair brush,soap,shampoo,toothpaste, hair ties, deodorant
flip flops (shower shoes)
comfy soft socks!
comfy pj pants or yoga pants
a belly band
easy access tank tops and bras
lanolin for nipples(though I heard coconut oil is lots better? I only plan to bf those few days till milk comes in but I need some protection :haha:)
panties
a little make up
camera
cellphone charger
going home outfit for me

BABY:

going home outfit
blanket
car seat
boppy
few onesies
cloth diaper to wear home (Ill use their disposables for free for the meconium eww)
a few gowns
a sleep sack
gauze and antibiotic ointment for the circumcision

and I think thats about it! Going to pack light :winkwink: hopefully I wont be there but a day and night.

Im going to buy matching onesie/shirt for both of the kiddos so when big brother comes to get us his little brother will have on the little bro onesie! How cute!! We are thinking of doing a little toy as well, a gift from new baby to Dominic and Dominic bring something for new baby. I may pack one bottle and a little formula in case baby doesnt want boob at all. We will see!

Thanks Mrs! I know with our first I had appointments to visit pediatricians early... but I hadn't actually chosen one yet. I agree though - I think I'm probably safe to inform our pediatrician at this point, and you're right - I can mark it off the list!!

How exciting that you have a purchase off your registry already! My shower invitations should be going out in the next week and I worry that most won't even bother to look at my registry. I've been trying to tell people that we have NOTHING left from our son so hopefully they know we need more than clothes.

I go through days when I feel completely unprepared and anxious to have my showers done so I can know what I still need to get out of the necessities, but mostly, I guess I realize how little you really need for a newborn, so I'm not stressing out too bad. I do need a car seat though - that's a definite necessity! :haha:

By the way - what part of Texas are you in? DH just interviewed for a job in Dallas....

daddiesgift... on the subject of underware... what type do you pack? I typically wear nothing but thongs, which I know will not be practical after delivery... Someone told me to buy men's underware since they're already cut out for a little "extra" it holds the pads in nicely and they don't move around as much as regular panties. Any thoughts on this?? I'm a little on the fence about this idea. Seems kind of odd to me... ????

daddiesgift - I like the idea to take a belly band!! I remember the jiggly empty feeling you have after giving birth and the belly band sounds like the perfect thing for that!! I do plan on taking a tour of our hospital just so I can ask questions like - do they provide diapers, wipes, pads for me, ointment for circumcision, etc. Our hospital with #1 provided absolutely everything we needed, so I didn't have to pack much, but that was 10 years ago and I've heard that hospitals are cracking down and not providing as much anymore...???

Mrs - when my son was born, they provided these mesh underwear "things" that were super stretchy (so comfy) and held in a pad really well. I don't know if hospitals provide them anymore, but I saw on that hospital bag website they have them in the kits they sell. I don't know if you want to wear those the entire time you're bleeding after birth (could be up to a month, but might be as little as a week), but they work really well.

Cridge - I did have a bit of a panic over the carseat so I bought it myself. I didn't want to risk not getting it at the shower :haha: That's really the only thing I have besides the nursery furniture and some clothes.

I actually live close to the Dallas area! Are you and your DH considering moving? I don't know much about Colorado, but I can tell you the weather is much different... it's pretty warm down here, but nothing you can't get used to. We're just outside of tornado alley so it's rare we get those (but it does happen), and we're far enough from the coast we don't have to worry about hurricanes. It's a pretty good location in my opinion. I like it a lot.

oh yes! I actually do think the hospitals still offer the mesh undies... I might look into getting a few extras for home.

Mrs - he hasn't been offered the job yet... we're still waiting to hear back, but it's the type of thing that if he *is* offered the job, it'll be too good to pass up. The office is just north of Dallas... I want to say University City area..?? He said most of the employees live in Plano. Oh yes - the weather is much different! In my opinion, Colorado has perfect weather :haha:, so it would be really tough to move away. We love Colorado, and if this job works out, we'd be retiring in Dallas, so it's one of those "hope he gets it, hope he doesn't" sort of things. :)

If you do end up Dallas, I'm sure you'll love it :) Plano is a really nice up and coming area, too.

I just looked it up - the office is between University Park and Richardson. I heard there is an area right around there that has it's own school district because it's like the "rich and famous"? That's where I want to live. :haha:

Sorry for the detour ladies... so I'm wondering - how do you all stay comfy at night? My arms and legs can't take much more sleeping on my side. I could always go downstairs and sleep on the couch, propped up, but I'm too lazy to do that in the middle of the night and I just want to be comfortable in my bed!!!

Eight million pillows and an hourly flip. Sleep with a pillow tucked from crotch down legs and even down to between your feet (body pillow works best for me). Extra pillow shoved under bump and another shoved against your back and bum so you can do a partial twisted sleep position so you are technically on your side but you are partially on your back to give those hips/arms a rest.

And have a huge ordeal every time you flip. And still be uncomfy. :haha:

i sleep horrible too. for some reason i sleep better on the right then left... and my right shoulder has taken the brunt of it, as well as my right knee and hip. i now have 3 body pillows lol

Mrs - I wear granny knickers after labour .. well actually I buy the disposable underwear ... big, comfy, and just throw away if any blood etc gets on them. Then I wear the granny knickers for a while :haha:

Cridge - my bag has been half packed for ages. If I left it to the last last minute I'd forget loads and this way if anything does happen, I'm half prepared lol.

As for sleeping .. this time has been AWFUL. The boys I could sleep all the way through, but her - no way. I have to change sides all night - I sleep sort of half on my belly, with a leg up on a pillow and then my arm under another and it used to be comfy ... not anymore :(

I have a pregnancy boppy I sleep with and I flip often as my hips have really started hurting at night... I've started waking DH up with all the "Oh" "Uh" and "Ow" sounds I make while flipping... oops! Usually the first few steps I take out of bed I limp b/c my groin/back hurts so bad. I think he's really concerned the baby is hurting me, but it's all good after I get a few steps in... I guess I just have to work out the kinks from the sleep before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->