***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Congrats Coleey!!
Keep us posted Ashley.
I went in for a regular routine appointment today and was put on early disability b/c I have carpal tunnel. The Dr. said it is a liability for my line of work. (Dental Hygienist) The other day I was scaling and my right handed fingers and hand went so numb that I couldn't feel anything- I almost dropped the instrument! eek I guess it's for the best safety of my patients but I just cant believe how early I had to stop working. Saturday will be my last day.

Yes, the medicine is to stop contractions. They changed guidelines at the Birthing Center I go to and they won't try to progress labor until 39 weeks. They usually don't try to stop labor at this point BUT since I wasn't progressing I was sent home and their goal is to get me to 39 weeks. We'll see...the pill only worked for 4 hours so had to wait out the contractions til it was time for the next dose. Gonna be interesting for sure...

Thank you so much ladies :) :hugs:

Big :hugs: to you Ashley, I hope you're not too uncomfortable. :hugs: xx

Not until 39 weeks? that are strange regulations. Here if you contract at 36 weeks they let you..

:hugs: Ashley - I am surprised they've given you meds to stop it though

Oi you lot having babies and stuff - it's time to stop :p- I wanted to be first haha - I was LAST in my group last time haha!
In all seriousness congratulations on your little girl Coleey :) & same goes for anyone else with early escapers :)

I had my last midwife appointment before mine'll be here - exciting :D

I went in for a regular routine appointment today and was put on early disability b/c I have carpal tunnel. The Dr. said it is a liability for my line of work. (Dental Hygienist) The other day I was scaling and my right handed fingers and hand went so numb that I couldn't feel anything- I almost dropped the instrument! eek I guess it's for the best safety of my patients but I just cant believe how early I had to stop working. Saturday will be my last day.

I can't hold onto anything anymore, I just drop everything :( the pain comes and goes in my hands though, sometimes it's really painful, other times it's fine.

Not until 39 weeks? that are strange regulations. Here if you contract at 36 weeks they let you..

Agreed it is strange, I guess they recently changed it because of studies that have been done. I'm sure if I was progressing they would have just let me continue but since I wasn't at all for over 12 hours they figured its best to keep baby in as long as I can which I completely understand and agree. Every extra day is better for her immune system and lungs (at the least).

I didn't slep very well because of being sore from being monitored for so long at the hospital. Plus from them checking me so many times I'm a little sore down there :blush: Not to mention my husbands snoring :dohh: Ugh...Hope you ladies are all doing okay :thumbup:

Awww Ashley that sounds so rough. I think the policy does make sense though, they probably shouldn't be inducing to get things moving at 36 weeks! Unless of course staying pregnant is medically risky.

I hope for your sake it resolves either way and you aren't in limbo too long!

Coleey if u want to share ur lil princesses name i will add it to front aswell

Anyone drinking raspberry leaf tea?
I just had my first cup tonight and omg yuck! Haha I should mention I hate any and all tea. I don't know why but it just tastes so gross to me. (I pretty much only drink water though, I don't like even drinking juice or pop or pretty much anything other than water)
I really want to keep up drinking it to prepare my uterus, especially since lil man has a big head!
Does anyone have any suggestions to make it taste better? Can you mix it with juice or something and drink it cold? Does it have the same effect?

I've had a cup but will start taking it regularly now I'm 34 weeks. I hate fruit teas but find this manageable . Have you tried sugar in it? X

Oh and someone recommended perinial massage (excuse spelling) as my lo has a big head too. I'm going to give it a go... If I can reach!

I don't like fruit teas either, but I don't mind RTL, it's not fruity :)

I have bought it, but haven't started it yet - I know it doesn't start labour but Mr Boofs is currently in London till tonight so will wait till he is home :rofl:

How is everyone this morning? The midwife was meant to phone me yesterday to arrange my appointment/home visit tomorrow. She didn't, so I had to phone - and of course she wasn't there and isn't in today :dohh: But apparently someone is going to phone me back today! I need to be seen this week regardless - I didn't go to clinic yesterday because I'm meant to be seen tomorrow so I'll be expecting a resolution!

xxx

I've been waiting for my midwife to call back since last week. She only works 2 days a week and I guess she was too busy last week to call. I want to know about the hooping cough jab and also about my birthing plan (it keeps being changed by different midwives). Anyhoo.. I have an appointment today so I should get some answers.

Here's a bump photo of me today at 34+2.

Attachments

• 34+1 bump.jpg
    34+1 bump.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
I've been drinking RLT for a couple of weeks now but I'm lucky if I manage more than a cup a day, it doesn't revolt me but I definitely don't enjoy it. I've tied chilling it in the fridge as well as adding sweetener but its still not doing anything for my taste buds :haha:

I had an ultrasound yesterday, they estimated babies weight at 5lb9 and I saw my OB who just said come back in 2 weeks! Will be seeing y midwife next week and I need to make an appointment for my vaccinations.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I lost my plug last night but there was no blood in it x

I don't do any teas, they only work when your body is ready anyway :haha:

36 + 4 bumpy

https://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/Booflebump/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIxMDEwLTAxMzY0LmpwZw_zps8f7aab87.jpg

https://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/Booflebump/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIxMDEwLTAxMzU4LmpwZw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->