***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Where do you get rlt? I like any and all teas so maybe I should give it a try! I have my ob appt today I hope my husband can come with so he can watch our wildman! Tho my appts are never long taking a 13 month old alone doesn't sound fun and we don't do childcare anymore since the hitting biting incident :nope: still don't know what to do about someone watching him during birth! Too bad we can't just strap him to dad in the ergo and have him as a birthing coach :rofl:

Great bumps F&C & Boofle!! :thumbup:

LOL @ having your son strapped in as a birthing coach, DG! :haha: I think that would be a first!

Daddies- I'm not sure where u live, I'm in Canada, but here the health food stores sell it and apparently even a lot of grocery stores so it's pretty readily available.

From what I've read it doesn't "induce" labour. It just helps your cervix prepare for labour/birth. Apparently allowing it to stretch better and dilate better and such.
Who knows if it actually works but after being told my lil guy has a very large head I'm going to try it!

It tones the muscles in your uterus - so like exercise for your uterus since you can't do it yourself. Most health food stores will have it

xxx

I did perineal massage with my first for the last 6 weeks or so and I still had a 3.5 degree tear. :wacko: I had dh do the massage... I don't think I could have reached to do it myself. It definitely wasn't his favorite thing to do (nor mine), but he did it. Either it didn't help at all, or I would have been ripped to shreds even more than I was. :shrug:

So does the RLT cause bh??

I don't think it causes bh. I have only had 2cups though. But lately I've been suffering a ton of bh quite a lot in general.

I've been drinking it throughout pregnancy and while TTC. It's a mild herb that is thought to tone and strengthen the uterus but its certainly not strong enough to bring on BH or labour!

I enjoy the taste, but I usually add a little agave syrup or honey.

I think I'll stick with plain old fashioned fresh pineapple when I'm ready to get this guy out :) I don't think I've ever seen RLT here?? But then again, I haven't really been looking for it.

i am allergic to pineapple (and 95% of all other fruit)!! :(
getting my tonsil stones looked at again today... hope there has been an improvement!

It makes your cervix nice and soft too(but only if it is prepared really). You can get it at the chemists or Reformhaus :)

Eeeek too much pineapple and you'll be on the toilet all day Mrs :haha:

Lovely bumps ladies :)

LOL! Very true - but hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :)

I'm game for being on the toilet too much before going into labor. :haha:

I found a way to drink the rlt and not be super grossed out! Haha....I'm cooling it in the fridge and then adding a bit of cran-raspberry juice to it..I don't like that there's sugar in the juice (I mostly only ever drink water I don't like sugary drinks) but I figure it isn't that much adds up to maybe one glass of juice a day and if it helps me drink the rlt that may help me in labour I'll go for it!

:)

Apparently you can buy rlt capsules?? I'm going to have a look..

Here we go..

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/categories.asp?cid=191

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"