***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Daddies - baby acne isn't from us being stressed, it's from normal maternal hormones that cross the placenta before delivery. At least that's the most accepted hypothesis. Anyways I just worry that if I'm extra hormonal maybe there are extra hormones, lol.

Apparently baby acne is more common with boys too because of their reaction to the female hormones?

Any other already-moms have experience with baby acne?

Funny you mention that, Gaia! I have 3 nephews and 1 neice and my neice had the clearest skin by far. All of my nephews had baby acne.

I think the most creepy thing about hormones crossing the border is when little baby girls bleed (don't know how common that is but i have read that it does happen...) Id rather have the acne then.

Yeah I agree!!! Also apparently lots of newborn girls and boys can get tiny boobs... from our hormones, It's so creepy!

hey all.. i was away for the weekend so just wanted to pop in an say hi and congratz on ur girls WTB

thanks MRS. and a good cry is sometimes needed. hope your last baby shower went well!

and on the topic of baby acne, i am jealous of my nieces skin.. even as a NB it was flawless haha

My sons skin was perfectly fine, I don't think he's ever had acne spots or miscolored skin ect. I'm also jealous of his flawless skin :haha: my husband says its just newborn skin and won't look so great always, think he's jealous :winkwink:

I looked for this raspberry leaf tea and can't find any! Does it have to say leaf? I found lots of just raspberry tea. Ill check organic store later.

Anyone keeping up with their kegal exercises? I try but forget often!

My son had a slight case of acne. I remember picking blackheads out of his nose. :sick: I know I shouldn't have been picking, but I couldn't help myself. :haha: You can also express milk out of baby girls sometimes. But - ouch!

Daddiesgift - this baby is active ALL day long as well! But then he goes to sleep between 9:30-10:30 and is asleep until 5am, then goes back to sleep after 10-15 minutes until late morning. I'm SO hoping he keeps that schedule up! :haha: My son didn't sleep at all during the day after he was born either, so when I see a sleeping baby, I wonder what's wrong with it. :wacko:

I've not been doing much kegels, I'll probably regret that.

I think it does need to be raspberry leaf and not just raspberry tea xxx

I hope my lil guy doesn't have bad baby acne, honestly it grosses me out, but with my luck he probably will haha.

I just had my baby shower yesterday. It was lots of fun. We got super spoiled with sooooo many things! We just have a few necessities to pick up and were ready for lil bean to arrive!
I think I'm full blown nesting though because after getting home last night from the shower I spent the whole night taking things out of packages, taking tags off, washing alllll the clothes and blankets and putting everything away. I'm totally done putting everything away except for some clothes I need to buy hangers for. It took me hours, and I was already exhausted but I just "needed" to get it all done.

I'm so ready for him to get here now! After this week I'll have nothing else to get or do for his arrival to take my mind off being uncomfortable so he can arrive anytime after this week! Sooner the better!

YAY BETH!!! :happydance:

Are you feeling anxious?? I'd be on pins and needles if I knew when he'd be here :)

You'll do great Bethanchloe!

Congrats on the awesome shower lilbean! I've been nervous about opening any packages - one of my coping mechanisms at work. I have started to wash a few items that I know I'll need in the first few days, and my son has helped with sorting and organizing the nursery. :haha: I find him in there randomly going through things - it's so cute!

Aw cridge that's so cute!
Are you nervous you'll jinx something?

I wanted to have it all done so that when baby arrives I won't have to worry about any of that "mundane" stuff. I've got enough going on with the other kids to worry about without having to organize and things on top of it all......haha plus I'm a lil OCD in general and like to be prepared/organized.

Not worried I'll jinx it.... it's just after 10 years of waiting for #2 it's hard to believe we'll actually have a baby at the end of this. I keep thinking I'm going to have to take everything back because it's not real. :wacko:

Eeeep Beth, so exciting!

My gas and air has been delivered, and I've phoned the fire brigade to let them know it's here too. So it's all systems go! Next appointment is on 31st October - it would be nice not to be pregnant by then, but I suspect I rather will be :haha:

Eeeeek Beth - how exciting!!! :) :)

Babyacne ...? Both boys skin was fine - they had a few dry patches (which I was told was normal) and Henry had a couple of pimpley spots but that was it.

Boofle - what did the fire brigade say? I think it's quite funny they need to be informed ... of course it's a safety precaution, but would never even have thought about telling them.

I'm really struggling with my eldest at the minute. . . Not sure if there is like a 2 year regression or something :shrug: but, he's become EXTRA clingy - he's NOT a clingy child and never has been so, this is all new for me. He won't leave me alone, follows me everywhere, he's really whingey, will only nap next to me, is refusing to eat all his main dinner etc etc and, it's getting to me :( It's like having a newborn all over again lol. Not sure what his problem is, but it needs to calm down before Phoebe arrives :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->