***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Feeling some pretty regular contractions tonight. Maybe I'll have my LO in my arms tomorrow :happydance:

Good Luck penny!

It's 5am and I'm up watching Jack and the Neverland Pirates :/ my son has been skipping naps, going to bed early and getting up when daddy gets up for work...zzzz maybe ill pack my bag this morning with all this extra time :haha:

Have any of you ladies bought nipple shields? I saw some Medela ones for sale but they were in S-m-l. How do I know which one to get measure my whole nipple or? Do they work?

I'm no expert but I understand the shields are to help if there are problems with breast feeding such as the latch or pain. I'm going to try natural first and then if I need nipple shields I will buy them then. No idea about how to size them though!

Penny keep us updated.
Bethanchloe- whens the date?
Today is my first official day off from early disability. Don't know where to start...
I've been feeling soreness in my inner thighs- has anyone else experienced this?

Charlie - I've heard boys tend to do that with moms that are carrying girls. It's like they sense the extra female hormones and become really clingy. Apparently girls do that as well when their moms are carrying boys. My neice was super clingy with me early on (she is also a very independent child and not clingy at all... it's what made my sister-in-law suspect I was expecting a boy!)... although, now that I'm "super pregnant" she wants nothing to do with me. She's terrified of my belly since she saw it move. LOL!

DG - I'm not 100% sure what nipple shields are for, either, but my best friend has to use them because her nipples are inverted... I think it stems back to what F&C said about problems latching.

babyfeva - YES! I have inner thigh pain ALL the time and have since about 16ish weeks... it's part of my sciatic nerve pain. Maybe baby has moved positions and is now sitting on that nerve causing that pain for you.

I've had pretty regular menstrual like cramping since 7am (it's almost 9:30am here now). Not sure if I should wait it out or call the hospital... Still haven't lost any plug, though.

Everyone told me with my son when I asked about the nipple covers not to use them cause of sucking difference from real nipple ect so I brushed off using them but come to find out they are to help with latch AND pain which was our main problems!! Ive already made up my mind that I will not boobie feed full time, for me Ive experienced it and I know every child is different but I cant do that again. Ill from boob feed till milk comes in then pump and if Im feeling stressed used formula at the time. With my son he would take a bottle no problem but just didnt want the boob I found my supply go down even with only pumping his milk and people told me to attach him to boob but at that point he was so use to bottle he wouldnt suck right anymore. So im thinking..lol...if im in pain, MAIN reason I dont want to breast feed I can just use a shield! I plan to maybe attach baby once a day to keep supply up and since I plan to pretty much bottle feed I dont care if the shield messes up boobie sucking :) IDK!

For me since I got into a routine with bottle feeding for about a year with my son I find it so much easier and as lazy as it may seem I just prefer it from the 6 weeks I strictly boobie fed. Everyone says boob is easier, bottle is easier, I think that each have their perks and since Im still use to doing bottle I have no problem with it! and I guess since we had such good luck with formula and he did great and is perfectly fine I dont feel like its as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Odd enough my husband was really behind me breast feeding my son but when I bring it up now he seems uncomfortable and acts like he doesnt want me to.

Speaking of kids and hormones :) I never thought they could really sniff something like that out, my son is oblivious to me being pregnant but he has been super boob clingy lately!! He will come up to me and smell them! And a few times he tries to suck on them through my shirt?!? But he hasnt had the boob in a year and he only gets a bottle now first thing in morning and before bed so im not sure if he smells something or what. My husband said he is just a boob man and since they are bigger than usual he is just enjoying them :rofl: Idk but it is odd!

Mrs.- You dont have to lose your plug to go into labor, some dont lose it till they are already in the hospital and some lose it so lightly often that its not even really noticed! When I lost mine with my son I just knew that day I was having a baby lol NOPE! Still about two weeks, it was really bloody too but the doctor said the plug always regenerates itself so even when you are losing it it will grow back. So its not a sure sign labor is on its way, so you never know!

My DS has got really clingy too, and wants the boob pretty constantly but I am putting that down to my milk being super tasty at the moment. We dont know babys sex.
I've been getting that inner thigh pain, i will be walking along fine then cant move anymore because of the shooting pain.

I definitely have had the inner thigh pain for the past 3-4 weeks or so. Feels like I've been doing major thigh exercises - but I definitely have NOT! Ha.

I have the thigh pain too, boo.

Also, I've been using bits of plug for a week now!

I'd call if I were you Mrs, your still early so they may want to check you ver. Hope all is ok x

Ooh Mrs - never knew that! I don't mind the cuddles, but when he's clinging to my leg when doing lunches/dinners/tidying up it sort of gets annoying :haha:

Did you call the hospital?

I finally got some relief. I haven't had any menstrual like cramps in a few hours... I'm still having a ton of braxton hicks that are gradual more uncomfortable, but it's just tightening and no cramping. If I experience another episode like earlier, I'll definitely call... I just hate whining/calling... :shrug:

I know what you mean and it's a chore to have to go in and sit and wait for hours too. I hope things ease up xx

Mrs - make sure you're hydrated really well. You don't want to go into labor this early!

I had my 36 week doc appointment today. I'm 1cm dilated, very soft and almost completely effaced! I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but since I was hard as a rock and only .5cm at 41 weeks with #1, I'm excited that my body is doing something! I've been planning on going over this entire pregnancy, but it sounds like my doc isn't going to let that happen, so I've got 3 weeks left of being pregnant - max!! :thumbup: My doc says baby is big (thank you PCOS - booo!) so we're going to do an u/s next Monday and if he's 7.5-8 pounds already (please no), we'll induce. Holy cow - I could have less than 2 weeks left of this! :wacko:

my coming home outfit came today. it came out cute! i plan on framing it after :) minus the fleece blankie

Attachments

• murray.jpg
    murray.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 12
Awe, wishful! I love it!! :)

Okay, ladies. I called and left a message with my nurse. The cramps have eased up since just before lunch, but now my back is aching (not hurting... aching??) and I've had a few sharp pains shoot through my cervix. I'll see if I can push for them to have L&D check me out just to make sure everything is okay... I agree, Cridge. I definitely don't want to have baby this early! I'm drinking water like it's going out of style so hopefully things will calm down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->