November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

ladies last night were were rear-ended in a car accident, ugh! A million times scarier when you're pg! Got checked out and all is well, thank God! Got to see the baby again, and at 9+6 (yesterday), it is getting cuter! A lil wiggle worm. <3

Can't even imagine how scary that was! Awful ordeal to begin with, but to be pregnant at the same time I honestly can't fathom how scary. Very glad you got to see your little one again though, and especially that everything is all right! Hope your car's not too bad, and no one else was hurt either?

Traveling mom congrats and cute scan pic!

Oooh ladies, the pregnancy brain is killing me.
So last week I almost caused a bad car accident. I was paying attention, I saw what was happening, my brain just couldn't process it.
This morning I fell down the stairs (it was a short staircase and I was almost at the bottom, so just a few steps) and banged up my knee pretty badly. It's swollen and already way bruised.
I'm afraid to tell my husband because he's already way overprotective! I'm afraid if I tell him all of this he'll lock me up for the next 7 months!
I remember pregnancy brain with my daughter but it was NEVER this bad. Like, I never put myself in danger with her. Now I'm actually afraid of myself! Yikes!

Cute pic traveling mom! I was googling 8 week scans today so I knew what to expect if I manage to get a scan at my appointment this Wednesday. :) Looks like a jelly bean!

Gosh eyemom I'm sorry about the accident, glad you're all ok.

Lovely scan pic t.mom! Xxx

I've just found out my sil is pregnant and she's 5 weeks. I hate feeling like this but I can't help feel like she's stealing my limelight :( pregnancy hormones are defo out of control!! I'm defo happy for her but I can't help feeling like this! She's knows I'm pregnant and has done for a little while now. I knowI should be excited that I have a bump buddy who I see all the time and I am! Why do I feel like such a bitch???

Don't feel bad...I would feel exactly the same with a sil.
Just try and think you have your own limelight with your side of the family? Xxx

I've just found out my sil is pregnant and she's 5 weeks. I hate feeling like this but I can't help feel like she's stealing my limelight :( pregnancy hormones are defo out of control!! I'm defo happy for her but I can't help feeling like this! She's knows I'm pregnant and has done for a little while now. I knowI should be excited that I have a bump buddy who I see all the time and I am! Why do I feel like such a bitch???

I went through the same thing with TWO of my SILs when I was pregnant with DD. One was on her 2nd, one was on her 5th, and we were all due within 2 weeks of each other. And maybe it's because it was my 1st, but I'll be honest, it didn't steal my thunder at all! I still got to enjoy my pregnancy with DH (and he's the one I got excited with all the time anyway), I got my own baby shower (two!) and it was amazing. Not sure if this is your SIL's first or not, but she'll have her own family providing her attention and you'll have your family providing you attention - you won't miss out on anything. And, your LO will have a cousin their own age, which is AWESOME! :hugs:

Don't feel bad...I would feel exactly the same with a sil.
Just try and think you have your own limelight with your side of the family? Xxx

Thats a good way to think about it...thanks! My dad is getting rather excited! Found out literally an hour ago and have been a bit upset ever since...I'll get over it though! My biggest worry now is going to my 12 week scan and it's a mmc and then she goes on to have her baby 5 weeks after my due date :( I need these 2 weeks to hurry up!!!

LR - totally a normal response! I have had similar thoughts about things, I think everyone who's ever had any issue TTC can relate. It feels like we work so hard for this pregnancy, we want to bask in it!!! Plus when we haven't announced yet it's tough to feel like we are pregnant alone almost... I personally will wait until a 12 week scan to share but just can't WAIT to announce. I actually get jealous of other pregnancy announcements because I just want to be able to tell people. :)

That said, like the others mentioned, in the end this will be a blessing, you have a bump buddy and your babies will be buddies! You will each get your own limelight and enjoyment out of pregnancy. :)

Thanks for the reassurance guys!! I feel so much better now, and yeyyhh they'll be cousins close in age (something I never had!) nice to know it's normal though. It's both our first babies!

I think having cousins so close in age would be awesome!

For those that have the angelsounds doppler, is it good? I've seen it reduced from 50 to 20; seems such a good offer!!

I ate at a salad bar today. Didn't think about the listeria. Do you think it is ok?

Approximately 700,000 babies are being born in the UK every year, and I read that, in 2011, there were an estimated 147 cases of listeriosis in England and Wales, 27 of which were in pregnant women.. I think the scaremongering over listeria is far too high. It actually actively annoys me a bit that I worried about it. You'll be fine!

Also I have my next scan in 2 days. And the nerves are starting to kick in. What if, what if, what if?

MissyLissy, I think I dreamed about you. But you weren't having twins you were having sextuplets. And I told you if 6 was too much to handle, I would happily adopt one. LOL.

Omg! Hahaha... Lord help me if its sextuplets! I think I'm good with the two they found last scan. :haha: Preg dreams are crazy though, I'll give you that. I've had intense dreams nearly every night!

I went through something very similar because my cousin (who I am very close to) found out she was pregnant like a few days after me. She's actually two weeks ahead of me, but seeing as I'm having twins, our EDD's are pretty much the exact same time frame. It's her second, my first. Both of her babies were happy accidents. I had to work HARD to make it this far. At first I was bummed, like she was stealing my thunder. But it's nice now! We've talked a ton since, and I feel even closer to her. And our kids will be so close in age, which is lovely. I totally get what you are feeling though, hon. I think it's totally normal. :flower:

ETA: I also hear you on the fear of it NOT working out, then having that other LO being born right around your due date. That's still one of my fears with this pregnancy, but I'm trying to be positive! So far so good....

Oooh ladies, the pregnancy brain is killing me.
So last week I almost caused a bad car accident. I was paying attention, I saw what was happening, my brain just couldn't process it.
This morning I fell down the stairs (it was a short staircase and I was almost at the bottom, so just a few steps) and banged up my knee pretty badly. It's swollen and already way bruised.
I'm afraid to tell my husband because he's already way overprotective! I'm afraid if I tell him all of this he'll lock me up for the next 7 months!
I remember pregnancy brain with my daughter but it was NEVER this bad. Like, I never put myself in danger with her. Now I'm actually afraid of myself! Yikes!

Ouch!!!!! Glad you're okay, albeit a bit sore :( Fish oil capsules for Omega 3 really helped my pregnancy brain, noticeably so right away. I was having trouble remembering what word I wanted to use, and forgetting what I was talking about right in mid sentence! Not anywhere near as much since I started taking it twice per day. Just get salmon oil as other types of fish tend to have a fair bit of mercury in them. :thumbup:

laurarebecca I'm kinda jealous! :) My sister in law doesn't want kids, I'd love to have someone to share the experience with and to have my kid have a cousin close in age that they could have playdates with. I totally think your reaction is normal, though!

For those that have the angelsounds doppler, is it good? I've seen it reduced from 50 to 20; seems such a good offer!!

ive never seen angelsound dearer than 21.99 so id say no. false advertising that making it look like a great deal.

(if im right in thinking only 1 model)

I got mine for 24 pounds nearly 2 years ago. It is good but never tried another x

my doppler due within the hour i hired hi bebe one.

edit: just arrived exciting!

If ive found baby wow moves a lot! Ive had124bpm and 170bmp for literally 5-10secs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->