November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Ugh I still can't eat anything other than cereal, bagels, and muffins. Probably not the best diet for me or the baby

I am in the same boat...when I first found out I was pregnant I told myself I was going to eat nothing but healthy. Chicken, veggies, fruit...no junk food, nothing high in carbs or sugar.

I am sure my friends who have multiple children are laughing at me...I have been so sick. Can't even look at chicken and veggies forget it . Only thing I could keep down in beginning was bagels, cereal and toast, crackers and apple juice...maybe a little fruit.

I am about to enter into my 11th week and learned a lot...able to expand my food choices by eating ever 2-3 hours. Not huge meals but one or two things. That seems to help immensely.

The last 2 weeks have been much better. I don't feel nauseous anymore and am able to eat pretty much everything. I've been craving fruit, especially grapes and pineapple

Beautiful scans everyone! Ahhh so crazy how much they change and develop in the beginning!

Some questions....

1) Anyone having really dry skin? Maybe I need to drink a LOT more.

2) Anyone taking calcium supplements? My doctor was big on calcium (baby has to make teeth and bones!) and I worry I don't get enough from my diet as I'm not a big milk drinker. I had a dream two of my teeth fell out!

3) Anyone experience a sharp stabbing pain on one side, around the height of the belly button? Seems too high to be where the baby is, but I worry of course. Could have just been gas pains? Was so bad I had to stop eating dinner and lay down. :/

Beautiful scans everyone! Ahhh so crazy how much they change and develop in the beginning!

Some questions....

2) Anyone taking calcium supplements? My doctor was big on calcium (baby has to make teeth and bones!) and I worry I don't get enough from my diet as I'm not a big milk drinker. I had a dream two of my teeth fell out!

3) Anyone experience a sharp stabbing pain on one side, around the height of the belly button? Seems too high to be where the baby is, but I worry of course. Could have just been gas pains? Was so bad I had to stop eating dinner and lay down. :/

Yes ive got very dry skin and mine is off lack of water got very bad before i was admitted my skin turned so pale and couldnt see vains.

I get sharp pains all over no reason why or what off though sorry.

Im having a nightmare when i sneeze pains at sides by ovaries bringing tears to my eyes.

Some questions....

1 - yes! My skin is super dry at the moment, it's flaking off my hands. I probably need to drink more - I'm a little lazy when it comes to making myself drinks.

2 - My vitamin tablets have calcium in them. They're actually conception tablets but when I changed to pregnancy ones (which suprisingly had no calcium in) I had diarrhea so I changed back! The conception ones have everything I need in them, just a bit less Vit B than the pregnancy ones. They're boots own brand conception tablets (if you're in the UK!).

3 - I had this a few times last week. I think it was when I left it too long to eat and my stomach had built up a lot of acid. It worried me too, and was off and on for about 3 days. But I had my NHS scan a couple of days later and baby was fine. :flower: xx

I just realized the shooting pain could be round ligament pain as well.... found this online:

https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-round-ligament-pain

Round ligament pain is a sharp pain or jabbing feeling often felt in the lower belly or groin area on one or both sides. It is one of the most common complaints during pregnancy and is considered a normal part of pregnancy. It is most often felt during the second trimester.

Here is what you need to know about round ligament pain, including some tips to help you feel better.

Causes of Round Ligament Pain
Several thick ligaments surround and support your womb (uterus) as it grows during pregnancy. One of them is called the round ligament.

The round ligament connects the front part of the womb to your groin, the area where your legs attach to your pelvis. The round ligament normally tightens and relaxes slowly.

As your baby and womb grow, the round ligament stretches. That makes it more likely to become strained.

Sudden movements can cause the ligament to tighten quickly, like a rubber band snapping. This causes a sudden and quick jabbing feeling.

Continue reading below...
Symptoms of Round Ligament Pain
Round ligament pain can be concerning and uncomfortable. But it is considered normal as your body changes during pregnancy.

The symptoms of round ligament pain include a sharp, sudden spasm in the belly. It usually affects the right side, but it may happen on both sides. The pain only lasts a few seconds.

Exercise may cause the pain, as will rapid movements such as:

sneezing
coughing
laughing
rolling over in bed
standing up too quickly

Oh also, my due date has now changed, can I be moved to the 4th now please :) Thanks!

Lovely scan pic! I'm so glad everything went well :happydance:
I will go change your edd xxx

Some questions....

I haven't had the dry skin but then I've been craving iced water so I think I've been drinking my own body weight each hour!!
I've had the stabbing pains both pregnancies, especially when I sneeze and when moving in bed, ligaments sounds a good explanation xxx

Scan day for us tomorrow!!

I just realized the shooting pain could be round ligament pain as well.... found this online:

https://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-round-ligament-pain

Round ligament pain is a sharp pain or jabbing feeling often felt in the lower belly or groin area on one or both sides. It is one of the most common complaints during pregnancy and is considered a normal part of pregnancy. It is most often felt during the second trimester.

Here is what you need to know about round ligament pain, including some tips to help you feel better.

Causes of Round Ligament Pain
Several thick ligaments surround and support your womb (uterus) as it grows during pregnancy. One of them is called the round ligament.

The round ligament connects the front part of the womb to your groin, the area where your legs attach to your pelvis. The round ligament normally tightens and relaxes slowly.

As your baby and womb grow, the round ligament stretches. That makes it more likely to become strained.

Sudden movements can cause the ligament to tighten quickly, like a rubber band snapping. This causes a sudden and quick jabbing feeling.

Continue reading below...
Symptoms of Round Ligament Pain
Round ligament pain can be concerning and uncomfortable. But it is considered normal as your body changes during pregnancy.

The symptoms of round ligament pain include a sharp, sudden spasm in the belly. It usually affects the right side, but it may happen on both sides. The pain only lasts a few seconds.

Exercise may cause the pain, as will rapid movements such as:

sneezing
coughing
laughing
rolling over in bed
standing up too quickly

Yeah I've had the round ligament pain, but that subsided after about 10 weeks for me. But maybe because I learnt tricks to avoid it, such as no sudden rolling over in bed (go slower), bend towards my knees when I'm about to sneeze/cough, and stand up slowly. I'm sure the ligament pain will creep back to me soon though! x

I bring my knees up when i sneeze and does nothing.
ive learnt i cant get up from being on my side, i always have get up from my back then turn if need be.

I just want to avoid SPD this time, going start looking into some supports to wear seen an amazing ond but was over in US.

Oh God the sneezing is so painful if I don't bring my knees up to my chest!!!

I had a good first OB visit today. I got yet another scan (total surprise and wasn't expecting it) just because they wanted more pics than the RE gave them. The babies are starting to look more like actual babies! One was even wiggling around a bit! Heartbeats were both around 170 and both are still meassuring on track.

I've been so spoiled! Three scans already, and only nine weeks! However, they told me my next scan won't be until 20 weeks which is also when I'll find out gender. That feels an eternity away! However, I think I'm opting for the genetic test at 12 weeks, so I'll get another scan then. Were any of you ladies offered this test, and if so, are you getting it? I have mixed feelings about it as it can sometimes tell you there might be potential problems when there's not. I don't need the extra worry. But DH wants it and it does mean I'll get one more scan befor 20 weeks, so I think I'm gonna go for it.

We are getting the test scan at 12 weeks plus an additional blood test a few weeks later.

We got the genetic testing with DS and he came out at 95-1 downs. Well chances of mc doing the amino were 98-1 so we waited bad did the amino at gone 30 weeks. Its worth a think about what you would actually do with high results.

We won't be doing the test again.

Morning ladies :hi:

Beautiful scan pics! I really wish that I had mine soon, but I am still waiting for the hospital to confirm a date.

I am having a nuchal scan and bloods done in two weeks but only because of my age (40... arrghh!) - but even then this was a difficult decision to make. It is so hard to know what to do... :wacko:

I accepted the NT scan and blood tests, I plan to pretty much accept any tests I am offered unless they are risky to me or the baby and then I will weigh up whether they are worth it. But I would like to know any potential problems there may be if it can be detected, just for my own piece of mind. But at the same time tests that can only give a likelihood such as 1 in 100 etc are concerning because naturally everyone would panic and be so worried but despite that being classed as high risk, the chance is still only 1%.

Maybe think about what your response would be to a high risk result before deciding on the testing.

Ive always had NT and bloods just seemed like rountine thing to do.

Nearly friday :D get see my parents aswell as baby, even though it has only been 6 weeks it feels like its been months.

Alpini is very active today!

Lots of swishing about and kicks by the sounds of things. What a great way to start the day, wake up and listen to your baby’s heartbeat :).

Also, my brother and his fiancée are coming over tonight, to get a “present” I got them, that they probably think is for the baby, in reality it’s the pregnancy announcement card :p. I can’t wait to tell them.

I dreamed I told everyone I plan on telling over the next few days. The only one who reacted really positively was OH’s mam and she started crying and everything. The dream makes me even more excited to tell her. I hope they react with happiness and not with shock or worry.

I opted out of the Downs Syndrome testing. My sister had the testing done with both her pregnancies, the first they gave a risk of 1 in 10,000 chance of having DS, and the second pregnancy they gave a risk of 1 in 300! It really worried her when she was pregnant with her second because the risk chance was so dramatically different from her first. Of course her second son turned out to be just fine. So I thought to save the worry I would opt out. xx

I had a good first OB visit today. I got yet another scan (total surprise and wasn't expecting it) just because they wanted more pics than the RE gave them. The babies are starting to look more like actual babies! One was even wiggling around a bit! Heartbeats were both around 170 and both are still meassuring on track.

I've been so spoiled! Three scans already, and only nine weeks! However, they told me my next scan won't be until 20 weeks which is also when I'll find out gender. That feels an eternity away! However, I think I'm opting for the genetic test at 12 weeks, so I'll get another scan then. Were any of you ladies offered this test, and if so, are you getting it? I have mixed feelings about it as it can sometimes tell you there might be potential problems when there's not. I don't need the extra worry. But DH wants it and it does mean I'll get one more scan befor 20 weeks, so I think I'm gonna go for it.

We were offered the test but opted not to take it.

We had an appointment with the midwife yesterday. They didn't do much, just asked how I was feeling and went over my bloodwork. But we did get to here the heartbeat. It was 160

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->