November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Man, I am SUPER jealous of all you ladies due at the beginning of November, finishing your 12 week scans, announcing and and entering the second tri! I still feel like I have quite the road ahead of me! Lol

Also count me as a first time mommy who has NO IDEA what to get. My shop-aholic pregnant cousin is coming up tomorrow though, and she wants us to look for maternatity clothes and start looking for things for babies. I think it's a bit early for all that... But it will be fun none the less. She'll probably also help me register later this summer once we know genders. :)

But TWO days till you hit double digitals thats a milestone. Then 12wk mark be there before you no it :D

No 20w scan yet but they said it would be mid June.

Good point about baby shoes!! I will never buy baby shoes again before the child is walking and I will never buy them for presents either...no matter how cute they are!! Most pointless thing we had!! F didn't like having them on, they didn't go on easy and didn't stay on and I repeat they are pointless!! Xxx

They booked me im and gave me date yesterday i was surprized! But a relief as god knows how long id been waiting for that letter lol

Announced the pregnancy at the engagement party last night.

Long story short, OH got to the part of the speech where he said “we’ve got a bit of an announcement to make” and I ran off the stage to BE SICK.

I MISSED IT!!!

Hey all,

Definitely great advice about essential and non essential things to buy! I definitely bought things first time round that I didn't use at all..:blush:

Okay here's full story of Thursday and Friday as promised haha.

Okay so on Thursday night we went over my dad and his fiancée’s house to tell them the news. We just gave them the card and let them open it, it took them a while to realise what it was because they just thought it was my brother’s baby on the front as he is expecting too. But I think she realised first and she just shouted, “YOU!?” and jumped up so excited to hug me haha. She’s such a happy excitable person anyway so her reaction was always going to overshadow my dads. He’s happy too though :D He was just like “ANOTHER ONE!!!!” as he just found out in January he’s going to be a granddad for the first time. Then he took us out for a meal :).

Straight after that we went to OH’s parents. My dad and my brother knew they were going to be getting a little “present” off us but we hadn’t said anything to OH’s parents. We just went in and gave them the card and OH’s mam looked terrified haha but she opened it. They seemed to have more of a shocked reaction, like stunned but happy haha. They popped the champagne and then we stayed over theirs. OH went home and got some stuff and brought the doppler over and we let them listen to the heartbeat! So that was nice, they’re just so amazed, even though she’s had 3 kids herself they’re still amazed by pregnancy etc.

Then there was the party!

It was a great night, loads of people turned up. Loads of mine and OH’s family, friends etc. Only 8 people knew in the room except for us. The dress hid the little bump pretty well haha. At half time when we got on stage to announce I was so nervous, hadn’t eaten anything and had felt a bit sick anyway but when we were up there, I just felt sicker and sicker and telling OH to hurry it along with the speech, he was talking through the microphone and I just kept saying “make it quicker, make it quicker,” started dry heaving on stage, trying to hide it, trying to get behind a curtain so I could try compose myself off stage, but I couldn’t, so I just had to jump off stage and run to the toilet, so I ended up missing the whole thing!!

I ran into the toilets, all were occupied/out of order and then a girl left one of the toilets so I just ran in straight after her and threw up. She was like “oh god are you okay do you want me to hold you hair back” and I was just like “No no, I’m fine,” I turned around and realised I didn’t recognise her and just kind of went “who are you” hahahahaha! She said she was a friend of one of OH’s work mates who had come along and I was just like “I’m missing my own pregnancy announcement!” and she was like “What?!” and I said “I’m pregnant! OH is announcing it right now I just had to run off the stage to be sick!” she couldn’t believe it!

Obviously when I left the toilet I was crowded around by people wanting to congratulate and ask if I was okay haha. My aunty was in tears! Was a good night, I can not believe I missed my own pregnancy announcement because I was busy being sick. Embarrassing but at least it’s a funny story, and makes for a better story than us just announcing it on stage in a boring way!

Sounds like all that excitement was to much for your baby too bless you missing it but sounds like you had a good time :)

Haha! Awesome story, Kazine! It's better this way- a funny, pretty appropriate story! :)

I have my 20 week scan booked for July 7th when I'll be 20 weeks exactly. That's when we'll find out genders. I was hoping to find out earlier, but my office won't book the scan until you are between 20-22 weeks. I don't think we'll book a private gender scan either.

Sooooo true. DD is a handful as it is, I'm nervous about bringing a second one into the mix. And the sleepless nights?!?? Gah! Those first few weeks were rough. We were blessed with a good night sleeper so that always helped, so I'm hoping our 2nd is the same. Ha! Probably not. Oh well.

I'm dreading that 2nd daycare bill. We need both incomes to make it work, and we make exactly the same amount of money - so we literally each bring in half of the income, and can't afford to cut our income to 50%. Two daycares...$350 per week. $1400 per month. I think I'm going to cry just thinking about it. Although DD will be almost 3 when Baby goes into daycare, so we might start looking into other (cheaper) programs, like preschools or Mother's Day Out programs (assuming our schedules can accommodate).

Marie, yes, this! I wasn't expecting the first few months (the first month especially!) to be that rough. It helps if you have a lot of support system around, but if it's just you and DH mostly, and you're BF... :coffee: Really brings into perspective that saying 'it takes a village to raise a child'! When my MIL finally came to help out after a few weeks, I was like ready to collapse!

And daycares.. expensive I know! I live in the Bay Area so it's super expensive here! I got DD on preschool right now, and have to put her in there full time since DH and I work FT as well, so it's about $1250 for one child! It's practically a month's rent! Now where to find that extra money for this lil one......

I'm on my 2nd Rame...it's definitely different ths time round.
I'm struggling with a lot of guilt for both babies :dohh:
Also struggling a lot more with my body this time round, but I'm excited as I know how wonderful t will be and I'm savouring every moment even more! Xxx

I know! I feel totally the same way PK! Our DD is our pride and joy and pretty much she gets all the attention. Part of me thinks it will be great for her to grow up with a sibling (recognizing they might hate each other once in a while LOL), but part of me knows this will mean divided time AND resources. But then again I think maybe it's not such a bad thing to not have all the attention focused on her and teach her to be more independent. I still get guilt feelings though!

And another thing...and I feel SO BAD about feeling this, but I'm hoping it's normal... I LOVE DD so much I could burst, and it's hard for me right now to imagine loving another child as much as I love DD... but then I remember...I could not imagine the powerful, all encompassing, unconditional love that could exist until my child was born.. so now, I wait for this same strong love to happen again second time around (though like I said, it's hard to imagine now!)

I think once youve had first you learn so much that when you have second you no you only need 1/4 of stuff you had last time lol plus some mums dont need 1 thing then others do.

Id say be shocked how little you need in the beginning a lot buys can be put ofc until later.

I totally agree with you!! And yes, and yes, and yes, to all the other mommies with the great list of 'must haves' and 'good to haves but not necessary' items. Some could really vary from mom to mom but there are some common denominators.

My personal list of must haves in the first couple of months, some of which are the most obvious: crib (or place for baby to sleep, or if co-sleeping, recommend a co-sleeper for safety and comfort), diapers, wipes (heaven sent!! even after the baby is weaned off of diapers, trust me!), car seat, baby clothes, but especially those you can use to wrap baby like a tight burrito (infants sleep better when they're wrapped tight, like how it felt like when they were in the womb), if you're not BF then bottles and formula of course...infants need very little in the first few months of life.. they sleep, poop, eat... that's it, so these essentials will give all that! But one that you cannot buy but your lil one will need most of all - love and hugs and being held constantly by mama and dada :thumbup:

My favorite 'non essentials', and some you won't really use till later - boppy pillow (or something similar if BF - really makes BF a lot more comfy, but I think this can also be used if FF), stroller (I mostly carried DD around when she was teeny, but as she got older and heavier, the stroller was good to have LOL), a bouncy and/or bumbo chair (or something similar), high chair or something similar when your lil one is ready to eat the first solids.

What a fun story Kazine! You'll have something to tell your lil one when he/she's older :)

Geralyn, I just realized you're on 2nd tri already (or almost, if you're using 14 weeks)!! Such a milestone, congratulations!! :happydance: I can't wait to join you soon!

Geralyn, I just realized you're on 2nd tri already (or almost, if you're using 14 weeks)!! Such a milestone, congratulations!! :happydance: I can't wait to join you soon!

Yes so crazy. Time was going so slow in the beginning but now things seem to be speeding along. Baby will be here before I know it and life will never be the same!

My 20 week is 16th June woop!

Kazine love that story hilarious now probably awful at the time !

Got a babyjogger city select it converts into double with second seat/car seat and got a great deal including the bassinet converter love it!

Kazine that is a great story, even if you missed the announcement! You must be thrilled that everyone knows now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->