November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. Stores make you think you need so much stuff but I am sure you really don't!

Aw Kaz what a funny story!!

Rame you wrote exactly my fears. How can I possibly love another child as much, without damaging the love I have for F?? :wacko:

It wasn't funny at the time for me!!! hahahaha!

The not so fun part of our announcement...

OH’s brother & his fiancée were not invited to the party for the atrocious way they have treated me ever since I got with my OH. We always tried to put it behind us and start anew, but they always just threw it back in our faces. (His brother once lost it and tried to beat him up and then later tried to beat his dad up on the same night :/) Then in February when me and OH got engaged they realised they were stuck with me and basically confronted us and demanded that we either start anew, or just forget it all and never speak to each other or see each other again. So they basically said jump and expected us to jump.

I told them it wasn’t going to be that simple and that it would take time for us to want to just forget everything, they said they agreed but just anything to shut us up really. Then of course we planned the party, his mother wouldn’t stop going on about how she thinks we should invite them but we stuck to it and decided not to. After all the amount of times I wasn’t invited to places by them was ludicrous, they stopped inviting OH out too after he refused to come out and leave me behind.

So we didn’t invite them. She said she understood after everything but he was clearly bitter about it. BUT nevertheless, I told OH he better make the effort to ring his brother instead of letting him find out over Facebook or whatever. Out of respect. So OH rang after the speech, he didn’t answer. He rang her, she didn’t answer. So he got his dad to ring him, surprisingly he answered. He told him and the reaction he basically got was “oh right”. So unbelievably bitter about not being invited to the party that he can’t offer a happy reaction to his brother having a baby.

I’d be happy to just cut them out of our lives and our baby’s life altogether if it wasn’t for OH’s feelings and the fact his family would never ever let up about it. Christ.

Oh and in case anyone is still wondering, we got that deposit back :D

Ugh, Kazine, I'm sorry his relationship with his brother is so complicated. My sister and I have a rough relationship too. It's hard because you are put in the middle, I'm sure!

Speaking of things we need, I'm getting really annoyed that the stroller I want is STILL out of stock. I know we have 30 more weeks, but I really just want to get it put on my registry or even purchased before it goes out of stock again. I like that it is reversible so baby can face me/OH when he/she is too big for the carseat, and it has a bassinet style setting, which is hard to find here in the US. There is a similar one made by a different company, but it is $100 more and I don't like it as much. It is so hard to find strollers which are reversible like that without paying $500-900, and I just won't/cant do that!

It's my scan tomorrow yeyyhh!!

I'm glad your annoucement went well Jodie (minus the throwing up part lol!)

Has anyone bought anything for baby/babies yet? I have a sudden urge to go shopping this week!!

My little bump <3 ...it's becoming hard to hide, roll on tomorrow and then I can shout it from the rooftops!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 9
Sorry to hear about your BIL's reaction Kazine.

Cute bump Laura!

Thanks guys!!

I'm very much a planner so I've been creating a spreadsheet of everything I think I may need for baby and shopping around for the best deals!! For you bargain hunters I recommend home bargains, quality save and then buying while the baby events are on in aldi, asda and tesco! I'm buying mostly tommee tippee bottles, sterilser and breast feeding equipment, I've found home bargains have the best deals on the kits!! 19.99 for the breast feeding kit, such a bargain!! So far I reckon I've saved at least £100 just from shopping around for the feeding stuff!!

I'm very eager to go shopping, but we will do most of our shopping around August, maybe picking up a few things here or there. I'm honestly more worried about getting everything this time around than I was with my first pregnancy. I have no clue why I'm obsessing and worrying so much about this. We've done it once, I should know what we will need!

I wasn't able to bf last time around, so I'm trying to figure out what I will need different this time. Also, we are planning on trying cloth diapers, so we don't know exactly what kind we want and what we need. Luckily one of the girls from my last pregnancy group is going to mail us enough to get started.

Thanks guys!!

I'm very much a planner so I've been creating a spreadsheet of everything I think I may need for baby and shopping around for the best deals!! For you bargain hunters I recommend home bargains, quality save and then buying while the baby events are on in aldi, asda and tesco! I'm buying mostly tommee tippee bottles, sterilser and breast feeding equipment, I've found home bargains have the best deals on the kits!! 19.99 for the breast feeding kit, such a bargain!! So far I reckon I've saved at least £100 just from shopping around for the feeding stuff!!

If you are getting microwave sterilser they only fit in certain ones. We always bought electric one.

Ive got half stuff i need so dont need buy much but they are dearer stuff i need.

Thanks guys!!

If you are getting microwave sterilser they only fit in certain ones. We always bought electric one.

Ive got half stuff i need so dont need buy much but they are dearer stuff i need.

That's really good advice I didn't even think about that. I'm going to buy an electric one anyway, seems much easier!! They are on offer af argos for £37 at the moment!

Thanks guys!!

What's in a breastfeeding kit? I don't intend to express until I go back to work so I won't he buying any feeding equipment.

I am dying to buy stuff, but we have a lot of the basic stuff in neutral colors from when we had our DD. To buy much else, I need to know the sex! So I'll probably be waiting until late June before the spending spree can really begin. :p

Thanks guys!!

What's in a breastfeeding kit? I don't intend to express until I go back to work so I won't he buying any feeding equipment.

This is the one I am thinking of buying! I intend to pump straight away to get baby used to a bottle as well as I know my cousin found it difficult swapping from breast to bottle and it means OH can get involved with feeding as well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 9
Something never crossed my mind as bought 1 with first baby and only did cold water to sterilser as was way to big to fit in.

That doesnt sound bad for 37 im getting tommee tippee perfect prep, see what prices are at baby show.

Just thinking aint seen hopeful around for weeks, i hope everything is okay with her.

Something never crossed my mind as bought 1 with first baby and only did cold water to sterilser as was way to big to fit in.

That doesnt sound bad for 37 im getting tommee tippee perfect prep, see what prices are at baby show.

Just thinking aint seen hopeful around for weeks, i hope everything is okay with her.

That perfect prep looks really good!! Oooo might have to look at that! When is the baby show?

That perfect prep looks really good!! Oooo might have to look at that! When is the baby show?

Im all for less work haha.

Birmingham 16-18th may

London is mid-end october.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back