November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Thanks guys!!

I'm very much a planner so I've been creating a spreadsheet of everything I think I may need for baby and shopping around for the best deals!! For you bargain hunters I recommend home bargains, quality save and then buying while the baby events are on in aldi, asda and tesco! I'm buying mostly tommee tippee bottles, sterilser and breast feeding equipment, I've found home bargains have the best deals on the kits!! 19.99 for the breast feeding kit, such a bargain!! So far I reckon I've saved at least £100 just from shopping around for the feeding stuff!!

What's in a breastfeeding kit? I don't intend to express until I go back to work so I won't he buying any feeding equipment.

This is the one I am thinking of buying! I intend to pump straight away to get baby used to a bottle as well as I know my cousin found it difficult swapping from breast to bottle and it means OH can get involved with feeding as well!

Laura - that is just what we did first time round! OH did the 10pm feed from a bottle of expressed milk which gave me a break and baby became used to a bottle too! Good plan :)

Did anyone else see there is a January group now! Makes it seem like time is flying by! I'm very eager to be in the 2nd trimester!

I also broke down and ordered a Doppler today. I want it to come in the mail right now!! I'm so impatient

Something never crossed my mind as bought 1 with first baby and only did cold water to sterilser as was way to big to fit in.

That doesnt sound bad for 37 im getting tommee tippee perfect prep, see what prices are at baby show.

Just thinking aint seen hopeful around for weeks, i hope everything is okay with her.

Not to stir up any drama but I haven't heard from hopeful since she got reprimanded by an administrator for some comments she made on a post in the first tri thread. I do hope everything is ok with her.

Thanks guys!!

I'm very much a planner so I've been creating a spreadsheet of everything I think I may need for baby and shopping around for the best deals!! For you bargain hunters I recommend home bargains, quality save and then buying while the baby events are on in aldi, asda and tesco! I'm buying mostly tommee tippee bottles, sterilser and breast feeding equipment, I've found home bargains have the best deals on the kits!! 19.99 for the breast feeding kit, such a bargain!! So far I reckon I've saved at least £100 just from shopping around for the feeding stuff!!

What's in a breastfeeding kit? I don't intend to express until I go back to work so I won't he buying any feeding equipment.

This is the one I am thinking of buying! I intend to pump straight away to get baby used to a bottle as well as I know my cousin found it difficult swapping from breast to bottle and it means OH can get involved with feeding as well!

Laura - that is just what we did first time round! OH did the 10pm feed from a bottle of expressed milk which gave me a break and baby became used to a bottle too! Good plan :)

It's good to hear it works!! The last feed seems like a good idea too, I'll suggest this to OH!! Thanks!

Something never crossed my mind as bought 1 with first baby and only did cold water to sterilser as was way to big to fit in.

That doesnt sound bad for 37 im getting tommee tippee perfect prep, see what prices are at baby show.

Just thinking aint seen hopeful around for weeks, i hope everything is okay with her.

Not to stir up any drama but I haven't heard from hopeful since she got reprimanded by an administrator for some comments she made on a post in the first tri thread. I do hope everything is ok with her.

Oh right i didnt know about that, just thinking about fact she had sch too (if thats right word)

ive not seen jan thread... omg! That feels so good to hear. I cant wait to be fully in 2nd tri too.

One thing ive noticed for example sitting on the toilet or sitting on sofa with my legs up im starting to feel like ive got a hard ball low down, wondering if this is uterus moving up a bit more.

I'm 13 weeks today! Not sure whether to count my self as second tri but defo will by next week.

Telling work tomorrow! Told oh parents today they are thrilled. At last no more hiding my bloats bump!

I was following that thread for a little while and I think she was temporarily banned from the boards by an admin. Hopefully everything is good with her though and I am sure she will be back soon.

Oh the topic of bottles
I am hoping to mix expressing and breast feeding so that my OH can bond by feeding the baby and give me a break. I am the type of person that needs sleep in the morning, I can stay up all night but try and wake me when I am sleeping and it's horrendous (a legacy of years of working only night shifts, I sleep better when it is light!), whereas he is the opposite so we hope to do that I am in charge of the late night feeds and then he will take over for the early morning ones to give me a few hours solid sleep in the early hours.

I'm 13 weeks today! Not sure whether to count my self as second tri but defo will by next week.

Telling work tomorrow! Told oh parents today they are thrilled. At last no more hiding my bloats bump!

I count myself as in the 2nd tri already, mainly because I don't feel I can relate to the 1st tri boards anymore and the sad stories distress me. Saying that I don't quite fit on the 2nd tri boards with my lack of bump. It's an awkward stage, it is like the preteen stage of pregnancy, just not quite fitting anyway!

I agree about not relating well to either board in this in between phase.

First tri is pretty scary I'm happy to be out of it but not quite feeling in 2nd.

I totally agree about being between trimesters, a very awkward stage! I much prefer this thread anyway!

I enjoy this thread as well. I did break down and purchase a Doppler.... I am going to wait to use it until my 12 week appointment first though. I want to hear the heartbeat at the doctors and make sure everything is totally ok first.
I am so close to tweleve weeks... I am so ready to be done with the progesterone pessaries.

Oh no poor Hopeful :wacko:

Take care buying too much feeding stuff so early is my advice. I planned on formula feeding but F did not agree, so I wasted a lot of money on bottles and steriliser, formula etc. I tried to combo feed from the start to allow others to help so bought a pump early on, but could never get her to have a bottle so again...waste.
I won't make the same mistake this time :dohh:

Xxx

Oh no poor Hopeful :wacko:

Take care buying too much feeding stuff so early is my advice. I planned on formula feeding but F did not agree, so I wasted a lot of money on bottles and steriliser, formula etc. I tried to combo feed from the start to allow others to help so bought a pump early on, but could never get her to have a bottle so again...waste.
I won't make the same mistake this time :dohh:

Xxx

You also don't know what baby will take to. I wasted a lot of money on Tommee Tippee because I read that it mimicked breast well. DD hated them. She preferred the plain old nipples from the medela pump kit! Sad, they were so cute!

I love this thread too!

I started my weekly(?) bump pics today at 10 weeks. Not announced yet but can't wait to in a few weeks!

image.jpg

Okay so MY family's side of the pregnancy announcement drama. Long story short my mother is insane. She bullied me growing up calling me names (tramp, greasy hair etc) and shaming me, when I was 17 I thought I wanted a sex change and I told her and she shamed me and kicked me out and told my whole family. She found out I was suicidal and self harming and she laughed at me, called me an attention seeker, kicked me out and told me I wasn't welcome under her roof until I'd had psychiatric help. She's lied to my dad and told him I'm posting on Facebook saying I want to kill myself to deliberately cause trouble. She printed off chat logs of me talking about my self harm and suicidal thoughts and body hate, and showed them to my much adored nanna who died a month later thinking those awful things of her granddaughter. The worst thing I remember her doing is having loud phone/cam sex in the PC room when I was around 10 and my brother around 8, we thought something was wrong so we were trying to get in the room, when she realised we were opening the door she didn't stop, she just held the door shut from the inside. Ever since she kicked my out when I was 17 I haven't been on speaking terms with her.

She found out my brother's fiancée was pregnant over Facebook (my brother has cut her out of his life too for similar reasons) she messaged her saying "I didn't appreciate finding out that I was going to be a grandmother over facebook" blablabla. Brother's fiancée didn't reply.

I obviously don't want my mother in my baby's life for above reasons, so I had no intention of telling her about my pregnancy. My cousin wanted to tell her so that she wouldn't get it in the neck for keeping it from her and letting her find out over Facebook. She read my cousins message on the night of the party and didn't reply until the following evening simply saying thank you for telling me.

BUT my dad then received a message over Facebook from my mother's husband, asking to meet up to "discuss" things. My dad has agreed just purely out of curiosity of what he's got to say. I'm not looking forward to hearing the outcome tbh. What else can it be other than her husband laying on the guilt about how she's crying all day because neither of her kids want anything to do with her, she's still grieving over her own mother who died 4 years ago (she shrugged her shoulders when she found out she had cancer because it was "her own fault" for smoking, that's how much she doesn't care, and is just using her mothers death as a means to get attention, much the same as she is using "losing" my brother and I, after kicking us BOTH out of her house, as a means to get attention) and now she's devastated because she realises she has 2 grandchildren on the way and she isn't ever going to get to see either of them.

Honestly I knew as soon as I got pregnant I would get drama from her. This is just the beginning.

I am honestly convinced she will try to take my brother and I to court for access to her grandchildren, not that she has a leg to stand on in court without having ever met the children. She's also an alcoholic and the fact that both of her kids want nothing to do with her just goes to show what a horrible woman she really is.

I hope you don't mind a late entry. I'm due Nov 17th with my first (but my 2 nephews live with us). I'm 11weeks tomorrow. We have had some complications but everything is ok right now, praying it stats that way. I ordered a Doppler today to help me keep peace of mind between appointments.

I was feeling in between trimesters and needed more positive stories. Like some of you said.

Kazine I feel for you. I'm expecting huge issues with my brother (father of the kids we have) and his wife. We don't plan to talk to him about it at all and will keep our child as far from them as we can. The drama is so hard with the pregnancy too! Take care of yourself! Your doing what you think is best and that's all that matters!

Thanks for letting me join...

Wow Kazine ... sorry to hear you have such a vile mother. Absolutely shocking! I know how it feels, my mother is F'd up as well.

Well... I still feel first tri-ish (but growing! Lol). The next two weeks cannot go fast enough. DH and I have slowly started to tell people we are close to (with the disclaimer that its still early, yada, yada), but we plan on not making it totally public until after my genetic scan at 12+3. I hope time flies!

Thanks Missy! I don't plan to announce until a little bit after 12 weeks which will be a day or two after Mother's Day. Time is going by sooo slowly now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->