November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Hi,
I'm new to this page, we have a little boy who will be 2 in July and now pregnant with number 2 due 17th November . Have scan on 30th and we will be finding out sex hopefully. Last time it was a surprise but I can't wait to find out this time.
Took 3 years and some help to fall pregnant with first baby and this one was natural so we feel very lucky.

Welcome and congratulations! :happydance:
I will add you to the front page...any feelings on boy or girl this time?

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in. Life got away from me. I'm back. I will be back-tracking to catch up on everyone's story!

I hope all is well!!!

Congrats to the new mommas in here!!!! :hugs:

Random question... If you were 90% sure you were quitting your job when baby is born (not just going on leave), but not entirely positive either, when would you tell work?

As of now, I am *almost* positive I won't be coming back. With two infants in child care, we are looking at $500-$600+/week in childcare costs alone for our area. I'd be working my high stress, demanding job almost entirely to put my babies in daycare. Instead we are heavily leaning towards me quitting, and working part time some evenings and weekends, or taking in a neighborhood kid or two for some extra income. I'm not entirely certain yet though. Part of me is really nervous to leave my job and give up our financial security (money will be tight if just DH is working).

The problem is, as of now, work thinks I'm just taking leave and I'll be back after 3 months max. Today my boss told me of all these long range plans of shuffling around my caseload so I can take in some new intakes into our agency (a HUGE undertaking- one I don't even feel up to even if I was just taking a leave). If she knew how seriously I was considering leaving, this would change her game plan I'm sure. But...since I'm not 100% certain (more like 90%) I'm extremely hesitant to tell her. Thoughts? I don't want to wait too long- I need to give my boss and coworkers time to transition and plan, but I don't want to do it too early either in case I change my mind. :shrug:

Hey Tiger...come catch up!! :hugs: xxx

Missylissy, what would be the plan for longer term when babies are in school? Could you return to the career? It does sound like you would be financially silly to stay? But I would say give it a few more weeks to really think and plan before you make a final decision? You are right not to leave it too late but look at every option first?? Xxx

Random question... If you were 90% sure you were quitting your job when baby is born (not just going on leave), but not entirely positive either, when would you tell work?

As of now, I am *almost* positive I won't be coming back. With two infants in child care, we are looking at $500-$600+/week in childcare costs alone for our area. I'd be working my high stress, demanding job almost entirely to put my babies in daycare. Instead we are heavily leaning towards me quitting, and working part time some evenings and weekends, or taking in a neighborhood kid or two for some extra income. I'm not entirely certain yet though. Part of me is really nervous to leave my job and give up our financial security (money will be tight if just DH is working).

The problem is, as of now, work thinks I'm just taking leave and I'll be back after 3 months max. Today my boss told me of all these long range plans of shuffling around my caseload so I can take in some new intakes into our agency (a HUGE undertaking- one I don't even feel up to even if I was just taking a leave). If she knew how seriously I was considering leaving, this would change her game plan I'm sure. But...since I'm not 100% certain (more like 90%) I'm extremely hesitant to tell her. Thoughts? I don't want to wait too long- I need to give my boss and coworkers time to transition and plan, but I don't want to do it too early either in case I change my mind. :shrug:

That's a tough one. Child care is a big burden for most people ... trust me I work in daycare so I know how much it costs for more than ones child to attend. I'd say just wait a bit and see how things go, if your mind changes or not.
I'm lucky in that my mom said she'd switch her days off to two days during the week when I go back to work so she can watch the LO and the cost of child care wouldn't be so high. I don't make much at my job and OH makes enough but with bills there's never enough.

Found out today we are on team blue! we are so pleased we found out,and cannot wait to meet our lil boy!
I never had a baby shower first time round and wont be having one this time,but i love the idea of a casserole party,its so practical,wish we had something like that over here,although i pity the person that has to cook for me and hubby with all our food intolerances lol
:dust:

Found out today we are on team blue! we are so pleased we found out,and cannot wait to meet our lil boy!
I never had a baby shower first time round and wont be having one this time,but i love the idea of a casserole party,its so practical,wish we had something like that over here,although i pity the person that has to cook for me and hubby with all our food intolerances lol
:dust:
Yeyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Congratulations on team blue! Was it what you were expecting? :happydance::happydance::happydance: xxx

Oh, team blue!!! AHHH So great! Congratulations!!! :hugs:

I love the idea of a casserole party. That's such a great idea for those first few weeks of being totally wiped out (weeks... years?!?! :haha: Can someone come cook for me for an eternity? :rofl:).

Did mother's intuition point you in the right direction with this one? I was right with my son first time around. I knew from the moment of conception. However, with this one, I have nothing. I have no guesses. We want a girl since we already have a beautiful son, but we think we are destined for a boy :shrug:

Daycare is crazy expensive…that's one of the reasons I'm staying home when baby is born. I think it's silly for me to work just so I can pay to have someone else watch watch my child. I think it is a good idea to let work know if you are planning on leaving so they have time to get everything in order.

Congrats on your blue bump!

I wouldn't let them know too early as they may just let you go so they can get a replacement in and trained with the work load. It's hard to decide what is the right thing and what is the right thing for YOU. I do know there are plenty of moms who don't decide until they are on maternity leave that they are going to stay home. I don't think anyone would fault you for making that decision.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Traveling mom, my mother in law also told me just to wait until I'm on maternity leave then tell them. But I don't know, that makes me feel guilty if I can help them transition and train someone before my leave so my co-workers aren't burdened with the extra work my caseload will bring them when I'm gone for no good reason. And if my boss is making long term plans for our agency centering around me, she needs to know that I'm likely done come Fall and not to factor me into any plans. I also want to make sure I leave on good terms. But you are exactly right... I do not want to tell them too early either. That happened to one of my old co-workers who gave my boss a six month notice (not pregnancy related). In the meantime, they found someone else, he ended up changing his mind, but he was pushed out anyway at that six month mark due to all the prep that had already gone in motion to replace him.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Traveling mom, my mother in law also told me just to wait until I'm on maternity leave then tell them. But I don't know, that makes me feel guilty if I can help them transition and train someone before my leave so my co-workers aren't burdened with the extra work my caseload will bring them when I'm gone for no good reason. And if my boss is making long term plans for our agency centering around me, she needs to know that I'm likely done come Fall and not to factor me into any plans. I also want to make sure I leave on good terms. But you are exactly right... I do not want to tell them too early either. That happened to one of my old co-workers who gave my boss a six month notice (not pregnancy related). In the meantime, they found someone else, he ended up changing his mind, but he was pushed out anyway at that six month mark due to all the prep that had already gone in motion to replace him.

Well it's good you have seen how they handle someone in a similar situation. That would put my mind at ease if I were you. I would give it some time to make sure you won't be coming back but it sounds like you work for a pretty understanding company. I also understand you wanting to give them a heads up, plus if you ever want to return someday I'm sure being upfront with them will make that easier

Thanks Dissy! :hugs: i love feeling my baby moving around. I literally woke up early because he decided to wake me up and have a party lol. Cant complain. Best moments.

DH and I certainly aren't DTD as much as when TTC but still at least once a week. DH loves the bigger boobs for sure! Haha

I would wait until maybe 2-3 months prior to your EDD. That would give them plenty of time to find someone, plenty of time for you to train, and you're leaving on good terms. That way if you are "pushed out" you will probably be about to deliver anyway! Good luck mama!

Casserole night...
I used this as a base idea: https://www.myrecipes.com/m/menus/girls-night-in/casserole-swap-10000001839071/
I added the "one for mom's freezer" part to suit my needs ;)

I told a good friend of mine about the idea so she could get it organized. I didn't want to see greedy, like "hey give me food!" So she was happy to take credit for a great thoughtful idea while I got a nice freezer full of stuff. I know I totally sound selfish now that I'm writing it down...lol. But oh well. I'm okay with it.

Very cute bump Jalanis! I love being pregnant, I love the bump and can't wait to feel Macie moving around in there, although I think I might have felt something here and there, but not sure.

I love the casserole party idea!! Maybe my friend will incorporate that into my baby shower somehow. I know I won't want to cook, and that will be awesome. If not, then I will start making casseroles two at a time a few weeks before I'm due so I can store those up and have them when baby is born. With my daughter I made two cheesecakes a couple days before she was due and never had a chance to eat them, went into labor the day after I made them. It was nice to come home to after the hospital. I'm going to do that this time too.

By the way Mariemo, your little girl is so cute! I think that every time I see your avatar :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->