November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

With twins earlier is definitely safer. My friend just had her identical twin girls at 33 weeks. All is well though!

Twinklie I vote earlier too. I had my first shower with DD at 29.5 weeks - just timing! It was great! I still looked preggo enough to get a shower ;)

I finally made and "official" announcement of Facebook... And now I feel vulnerable for some reason! Lol... I'm strange. I hemmed and hawed forever about how/when/if I should post anything and today on a whim I did. All of my close friends/fam/coworkers/acquaintances knew anyway. I was mostly "telling" random stragglers I hardly ever see and people from like high school. I don't know why I feel weird about it....

I won't be having a baby shower. They're not really done here- I've never been to one! I didn't have one for my first but there is no point this time around since we have almost everything (unless it's a boy when we'll need clothes).

I love the idea of a casserole party, though!

Feeling so sad and short-changed right now...guess this is what I get for being part of a large family and the last to have a child this year.
My cousin due first is having a girl, named Ella. We have decided on Kella if it is a girl, so that was disheartening but I have decided to still use it.
My cousin that is due 5 weeks before me is having a boy. I felt safe with our choice (Eli) since she is almost being forced to name him as a Junior. Now she is fighting that and wants to name her boy ELI.
I don't win either way :cry: I feel like any other name just wouldn't be right for my boy or girl, and that was the only boy name we agreed on....

You could wait till you meet your baby, amazing how your brain can just see 'this name' as you stare at them.

So, i had my second labour/birth dream.

My second time where ive gone into labour at 38w, second time its been a girl. First time hearing birth weight of 7lb 15oz.

To most dreams are meaningless but ive had dreams where connection has happened following days, so it feels odd.
Be interesting to see.

My second time where ive gone into labour at 38w, second time its been a girl. First time hearing birth weight of 7lb 15oz.

To most dreams are meaningless but ive had dreams where connection has happened following days, so it feels odd.
Be interesting to see.

So strange!! You'll defo have to update!

Ive done far too much shopping for baby lol we're going shopping again today! And until we move house it's all just hung up on the handles on my wardrobe! I smile everytime I see them all!

I told OH that we need to make a list of things we actually need lol because right now we see stuff and just buy!

Cncern- Sorry to hear you had such a bad induction. I would never let anyone near me for an induction ever again. Like you say they bring on the contractions hard and heavy from the get go and the progress is minimal but the pain is like full blown labour. Luckily I had an epidural from the get go (I was not forced into it but it was stressed that I needed on for my BP). I was put on depression watch for 2 months because after HELLP most women suffer with it, luckily I was fine. Traumatic birth experiences are horrible. I'm glad both you and your son got through it all ok and are well now. BTW - Nice bump

Hopefulfor1st - My daughter didn't wake up for about 3 hours either. I put it down to the anaesthetic I think it knocks them out as well as us.

Leinzlove - No I wont be having a vbac I have an elective section booked in at 39 weeks. My body didn't respond to the induction medicine and I have to be brought forward at least 1 week to try to avoid complications again.

Salu - Sorry no leakage for me yet. With my first the first time I noticed anything I was around 30 weeks.

PG - Did you go anywhere nice for your hols :)

Is anyone else having an elective section?

I went to Sharm El Sheikh and it was lovely although very hot!

I was induced with my first but was one of the fortunate few that responded to the drugs and had Chloe 11 hours later... it was incredibly painful. If I am induced again I will consider an epi this time!

I found out when I had my 16 week midwife apt that because of my age they will not let me go past 40 weeks, so I do wonder if I will be induced again!

I also don't think I will have a baby shower - they certainly are less common here and with this being my second, I have most baby items already!

I'm struggling with the name too, now that we know it's a boy. We had picked one out a long time ago that we both liked, but I'm having second thoughts because the first name, Mattison, is a family name for my OH, but the shortened version is the same name as our donor, Matt. And now my brother who just had a daughter a month ago shortens her name, Matilda, to Mattie. I don't want to go back to the drawing board.

Well got my letter for physio but turns out its not 1 to 1 its small group session.

I can't stand the wait to find the perfect baby name. :rofl:

It seems like I do the name finding. Dh says if he likes it or not. He doesn't care if we wait until baby's birth.

No baby shower here... But this is #3 in 3 1/2 years.

I'm having a 'sprinkle' as my cousin was desperate to do one. We wanted to a gender reveal to so ill only be 21 weeks. Doing it early means I'll have more energy plus summer time so BBQ!

I'm not having a baby shower I didn't have one with my first either.

This probably sounds really doom and gloom but I've decided not to talk about baby names or buy anything until at least 26 weeks. I want to know that my baby has a good chance of survival and don't want to get to attached in case something bad does happen again. I understand how that can come across but I find its the best way to cope with this situation.

I'm not having a baby shower I didn't have one with my first either.

This probably sounds really doom and gloom but I've decided not to talk about baby names or buy anything until at least 26 weeks. I want to know that my baby has a good chance of survival and don't want to get to attached in case something bad does happen again. I understand how that can come across but I find its the best way to cope with this situation.

I understand where you are coming from we aren't talking names until after the twenty week scan. However I think the truth is I've been attached to this baby since I did the test and trying to distance myself from it wouldn't make a loss any easier to cope with.

I finally made and "official" announcement of Facebook... And now I feel vulnerable for some reason! Lol... I'm strange. I hemmed and hawed forever about how/when/if I should post anything and today on a whim I did. All of my close friends/fam/coworkers/acquaintances knew anyway. I was mostly "telling" random stragglers I hardly ever see and people from like high school. I don't know why I feel weird about it....

I feel the same way... I almost want to wait a month or two more before I post anything, but my family wants to share their excitement on facebook so bad. I am afraid my family will slip up on facebook before I even get the chance to announce it myself. I guess I won't ever stop being terrified that something bad could happen.

I like the same Mattison, but agree it will probably be shortened and you really have no control over that so make sure you're happy with the possible nicknames?

I agree with waiting to properly think names until later. Dh doesn't want to properly discuss until after 20 weeks, so at the moment the lists are just in my head!

Wonder how they organise group physio mummytoamber??

Xxx

Be interesting to see.

I know dreams are meaningless but before i found out gender, i had 2 dreams. 1 of sono saying it was a boy and the other one i was actually carrying my baby boy.

Hi,
I'm new to this page, we have a little boy who will be 2 in July and now pregnant with number 2 due 17th November . Have scan on 30th and we will be finding out sex hopefully. Last time it was a surprise but I can't wait to find out this time.
Took 3 years and some help to fall pregnant with first baby and this one was natural so we feel very lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->