November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Cncem are you watching the uk version or US one? From watching both it was really interesting to see the differences between labours in both countries.like the amount of people often in the delivery room. I was only allowed one other person.
It's a good programme. I like seeing the names of the babies once they are born too.

More gorgeous bumps ladies.

I cannot stop eating chocolate this weekend! :dohh: xxx

PK, I'm not sure which version, I'm watching it on youtube, I didn't know there were different versions.

I'm thinking about breastpumps and I can't decide which one and it is driving me nuts. Ameda vs Medela. Ameda with the closed system, seems to be more sterile. Medela seems to be more powerful but open system and some people complain about getting milk in the tubing and mold. Which one, which one? Any thoughts ladies?

I pumped over a year with my DD and I loved my Medela. Granted it's the only one I have experience with. It also seems much easier to get parts and accessories if you need them. I never had an issue with milk backing up into the tubing or anything, and I'm still not sure how that happens. Condensation does get in the tubes, but if you leave it running for a few minutes when you're done, it clears out.

Sorry that the pic is sideways, not sure how to flip it. Anyway, here's my bump at 18+4.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 8
Cute bump cjwn and missy!! I love the pregnant body, and love my bump and seeing others.

Thanks for the input ladies, I think I'll go with the Medela since insurance will pay for it and if too many issues I can always buy an Ameda later as it is cheaper. Too many good reviews of the Medela, and alot of ladies have no problem with the mold issues and contamination.

I used a Medela for a year with DD1, loved it. Never had an issue with tubes at all.

Had a fruit craving today. Dinner was a mango, a nectarine, and a bunch of cherries. Yummy. But now I want a cookie.

So this is weird...I had a BH contraction today. It took me a bit to figure out what it was, but then I realized my entire uterus was firm, and it only lasted about 30 seconds. I really thought it was baby at first...but then had a flashback to my last pregnancy, where I didn't realize I was having contractions for weeks toward the end. Just thought DD1 was stretching out in there.

So anyway, I googled it. Apparently not uncommon to get BH this early. Wow.
I ended up having two about 5 minutes apart, and nothing since. 18+4 today.

Wow Mariemo, were the same time along I wonder if that'll happen to me, this is my third child. I have never had them. Do they hurt? Like period cramps?

Awww I remember my BH. They don't hurt at all. In fact, I used to call mine "refrigerator belly" because they would make my uterus turn into this super hard box :haha:. It was such a weird experience. I couldn't believe how tight my tummy would get.

But cncem, if you experience them and they become painful, that's when to call the doctor.

BH can pick up when you are dehydrated or fatigued. Maybe that's why they started early?!?! :shrug:

Lots more lovely bumps ladies :yipee:

I've never had bh, but it sounds weird! Xxx

Morning :)

PK yes i have, ive changed a lot. Really only wanted to buy 1 to last me at least 3yrs this time.

Lovely bumps :)

I think i had first BH at 16w this time. I know not uncommon thing.
I dont like my BH as come into 30w they bloody well hurt!

Ive had crap few days my sickness hit me in face since friday, then i had swollen glands/sore throat/sore ears it was bit better now just really stuffed up.

My scan this afternoon! woop!

They certainly didn't hurt, just a little uncomfortable. Not really like period cramps, just like a crazy tightening. Like baby is stretching out all it's limbs and pushing on every side of your uterus.

With DD1, I was having these frequently my last two weeks. I really thought they were in fact her stretching! I kept telling the doctors that I wasn't having contractions. Well when I went in for my induction, they strapped me to a monitor and told me I was having them every 8 minutes. I was in prelabor and didn't even know it! (Not that it did me any good, lol!)

I was just surprised I could feel them this early.

Started YouTubing OBEM. Hooked!!!

Pretty sure I get bh lol.
Weird thing is though my belly goes hard higher than where my uterus would be? Although my fundal height is measuring 4 weeks ahead so who knows.

When I had my anatomy scan last week the tech said she saw me have a contraction but I didn't feel anything

They certainly didn't hurt, just a little uncomfortable. Not really like period cramps, just like a crazy tightening. Like baby is stretching out all it's limbs and pushing on every side of your uterus.

With DD1, I was having these frequently my last two weeks. I really thought they were in fact her stretching! I kept telling the doctors that I wasn't having contractions. Well when I went in for my induction, they strapped me to a monitor and told me I was having them every 8 minutes. I was in prelabor and didn't even know it! (Not that it did me any good, lol!)

I was just surprised I could feel them this early.

Started YouTubing OBEM. Hooked!!!
:haha:

I might see if I can find some previous series on Sky!! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back