November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Hi ladies! Been out of commission for awhile. Had a bit of a pre natal blues (did any one of have it or are having it??). Didn't have that with my DD so this was a first. I only had post natal blues with her. Feeling much better now, gradually improved when I entered my second tri and a lot of the unpleasant symptoms disappeared.

Love all the baby bump pics! I feel like mines bigger than my 20 weeks! People think I'm on my 6th month, ugh. Here's mine at 20! Er I can't seem to orient it properly, sorry!

Oh and I had my scan a few days ago. And I'm on team blue!! Woot woot! DH is mighty pleased and while DD is a little disappointed it's not a she, I'm sure she'll eventually come around :)

Such a cute bump! Glad to have you back!

My scan is Friday, can't wait to find out the sex!!!!

Hope you have a good scan twinkle! So exciting huh ?! Do you have any initial feeling? I kind if sensed I was having a boy so when the sonographer confirmed it I had a huge big grin!

Morning :)

PK yes i have, ive changed a lot. Really only wanted to buy 1 to last me at least 3yrs this time.

Lovely bumps :)

I think i had first BH at 16w this time. I know not uncommon thing.
I dont like my BH as come into 30w they bloody well hurt!

Ive had crap few days my sickness hit me in face since friday, then i had swollen glands/sore throat/sore ears it was bit better now just really stuffed up.

My scan this afternoon! woop!

I'm right there with you. Bleh. We made the mistake of taking our son to an indoor play yard on Fathers Day thinking it'd be empty (as the rest of the mall was), but the play yard was more packed than we had seen it in years. At least 100 people were crammed in there and most were sniffling and sneezing. That's our fear as health care providers because if we get sick, we are out of commission until it's gone so we don't spread it to our vulnerable patients. Sure enough, two days later, our son started with the congestion, fever, and fatigue. Since I couldn't take the preventative Chinese herbs (because most of them had ingredients incompatible with pregnancy), I caught the funk and had the burning throat -> congestion -> horrid cough and sore throat. Same with dh. He's going through it at the exact same time as me, and that means neither of us have energy for our little guy, who has now recovered. :(

I'm taking lots of natural stuff, but it's so limited with pregnancy. My husband gets to enjoy all the comforts of throat coat tea, Chinese herbs, etc., and I'm sitting here with laryngitis and so uncomfortable :haha::roll:. Pity, party for one! :haha: I'm such a whiner. The cold was mild enough, but it has knocked me out because I can't sleep with congestion.

Oh well. :shrug:

Other than that, doing well here. :thumbup:

Daddy got his first official kicks last night, and they were huge! He saw the baby kick me a couple of weeks ago, but he lit up when he felt that bump against his hand. It was wonderful!

I have a scan on Thursday but hopefully we won't figure out the gender!

hope baby keeps their legs crossed and you can stay team yellow! How funny that different people approach these scams in different ways. I was terrified I would see something I didn't want and others are desperate the other way! Xxx

I gotta hand it ya PK... I don't have your patience and self discipline! Even as a kid I'm the type who constantly shakes my Christmas gifts and tries to take a peek! What a fun surprise for you on your delivery!

I love surprises! My husband is most adamant about being team yellow. As a child he had to wrap all of his own Christmas presents.:nope: How sad is that. I think that is a big reason why he wants to keep it a surprise.

OH was asking almost weekly since I got my BFP when we would find out the gender. If I had wanted to keep it a secret, I would have lost that battle in a heartbeat.

And yay, insurance covers a variety of breast pumps (including the one everyone here has been talking about). Boo, still can't confirm if it covers the lactation consultant.

Sorry for the poorliness Tiger :hugs:

I had my very first baby dream last night this pregnancy. I was beginning to worry I hadn't had any when last time at was all I dreamt about. Anyway baby was born but I didn't tell or show anyone because it was really ugly...how horrid is that? What a horrible mother. I just kept saying F is so beautiful. Maybe it's my fears I won't love this one as much as F? And annoyingly it wasn't even a boy or a girl in the dream! :dohh:

MummytoAmber - glad the scan went well! As for the strep B test I would check out some threads on here.. Most advise that you can have positive and negative tests throughout pregnancy and it is only if you have a positive test at 36 weeks that labour plans may have to be altered..

This is what i thought but midwife was no it doesnt work like that.
Ill see what my own midwife says.

This any connection with thrush i cant shift?

I don't know if it is connected? Isn't is weird that different NHS Trusts have different policies? My MW has noted my records to request a re test at 36 weeks. I hope you have good news when you speak to your own MW :)

MummytoAmber - glad the scan went well! As for the strep B test I would check out some threads on here.. Most advise that you can have positive and negative tests throughout pregnancy and it is only if you have a positive test at 36 weeks that labour plans may have to be altered..

I tested positive at 12 weeks for strep b and I was worried I couldn't have a water birth but have been assured that it can. I have to get into hospital early as soon as I go into labour and I'll be put on the drip and then can have a water birth. Not sure how it'll work for a home birth though?!

Thats great example that everywhere is so different. Midwife had said i would not be allowed any water birth if i came into hosp.
testing at 12w is super early.
I wont take no answer until im retested at 37w even if i have to pay for one myself.
Ive read some women have managwd to go to hosp for iv then returned home but she said they dont allow that at that hosp.

Heres baby, not great picture. Looks like it went to move at time she took it. Thats its arm not its leg. Im really looking forward to 4d scan so i can get some (last ever!) decent pics.

Attachments

• 20140623_170734.jpg
    20140623_170734.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 7

I tested positive at 12 weeks for strep b and I was worried I couldn't have a water birth but have been assured that it can. I have to get into hospital early as soon as I go into labour and I'll be put on the drip and then can have a water birth. Not sure how it'll work for a home birth though?!

Thats great example that everywhere is so different. Midwife had said i would not be allowed any water birth if i came into hosp.
testing at 12w is super early.
I wont take no answer until im retested at 37w even if i have to pay for one myself.
Ive read some women have managwd to go to hosp for iv then returned home but she said they dont allow that at that hosp.

I had a water infection with traces of strep b which was found in the it one sample I gave at my booking in appointment at 8 weeks 3 days but found out at 12 week scan when I went to see the midwives afterwards! Yeah so early but if I hadn't have had a water infection then I wouldn't have known and neither would they probably until being tested much later on.

I hope what my midwife says was true and I can see have water birth!!!

Mummytoamber that's so weird you had the strep b test so early? With Jace I had it I think around 34 wks.
I had a lot of thrush with Jace and no strep b so I don't think they're connected, strep b is caused by (ahem) germs from the back package that work their way forward. I am taking probiotics I believe they help sort out good and bad bacterias in the body that may help you out

Mummytoamber that's so weird you had the strep b test so early? With Jace I had it I think around 34 wks.
I had a lot of thrush with Jace and no strep b so I don't think they're connected, strep b is caused by (ahem) germs from the back package that work their way forward. I am taking probiotics I believe they help sort out good and bad bacterias in the body that may help you out

docs here are clueless, i registered at 3 different docs since i moved in 08 all of them have not helped in the slightest.
Docs im at now, has proved the best but doc i was seeing left and now its just see who you can.
I cant even prebook appt to see asthma doc anymore as she now only sees walk in.
I wouldnt of accepted to be checked for strep if i had known.
Ive read that taking them are helpful and putting garlic up there. After my holidays ill try and change my diet and see what else i can do to help.

I just went with my SIL to finish up my registry. She was a big help since I am pretty clueless as to what I need.

I'm waiting to confirm my girl is actually a girl at the 20 week 2 weeks from yesterday, then I'm going with my cousin to register. DH and I went into Babies R Us last week and got totally overwhelmed! I need help! No idea what I'm doing! Lol

I just went with my SIL to finish up my registry. She was a big help since I am pretty clueless as to what I need.

I'm waiting to confirm my girl is actually a girl at the 20 week 2 weeks from yesterday, then I'm going with my cousin to register. DH and I went into Babies R Us last week and got totally overwhelmed! I need help! No idea what I'm doing! Lol

I researched a lot online and also asked other new moms opinions. I started my registry online because it was less overwhelming and then went on Sat to Buy Buy Baby with DH and Babies R Us yesterday with my SIL who just had a baby in Feb. I'm pretty much done...just have to add a couple of things. I'd say the most important things for the beginning are the car seat, stroller, and some place for baby to sleep.

22 weeks today!!!

Second time around is a lot less stressful already have/ know what you need. My main worry is getting DS potty trained and into a toddler bed!

Just enjoy it you have time x

Missyann, insurance covers lactation support and counseling. Does your hospital have lactation consultant? I'm in Texas too, and we're delivering at Texas Health Presbyterian in Plano. They have on-site LC and they are covered by insurance. You should be able to call and find out what "lactation support" means.

Here, from the healthcare.gov website:
https://www.healthcare.gov/what-are-my-breastfeeding-benefits/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"