November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I am also loving Pinterest and Project nursery! I want to paint the nursery ASAP so we can put the crib together, and I have the area rug and curtains. Excited to get it going! But DH wants to wait for a rainy day or the fall to paint. I am like Nooooo! Haha

We're not doing up a nursery as the baby will be in with us for a long time, I'm sure, so we're just storing her things in there and keeping it as a spare room. DD1 only decided to move out of our room a week ago into her big girl bedroom, having never slept in her nursery at our old house so we're saving ourselves the bother!

I have, however, got all DD's old clothes down from the attic and washed them all ready. I'm so excited to reuse all the gorgeous things we had for her! I've washed everything up to 3-6 months so far. We'll just need more long sleeved vests and tights to go under the summer dresses!

We painted the nursery light mint green a couple of years ago when we bought the house, though at the time we weren't calling it that. When I got pregnant we decided that boy or girl, we would make the green work with the decor. Neither of us were all that eager to paint a room. And so far it looks good with the crib, dresser and rocker.:kiss:

All this talk of names has me wondering if it matters that I want to keep the name a secret. Is it silly to want wait to reveal that detail until he's born? OH hates surprises and keeps asking if she can at least tell her side of the family and I'm afraid it's wearing down my resolve.

We're keeping our name a surprise from family and friends too but I wanted to tell someone so it feels good to say it on here

All this talk of names has me wondering if it matters that I want to keep the name a secret. Is it silly to want wait to reveal that detail until he's born? OH hates surprises and keeps asking if she can at least tell her side of the family and I'm afraid it's wearing down my resolve.

We're keeping our name a surprise from family and friends too but I wanted to tell someone so it feels good to say it on here

Thanks, that makes me feel better. We're going with Mattison Michael after both of our brothers.

We have kept ours secret so far. Not sure if we will keep it up till she's born- people are always asking!

Geralyn- I love your LO's name. Good luck on your GD test, praying you get a negative. Oh and congrats on reaching double digits!!

Apple- Evelyn is such a beautiful name, it was high on our list last time.

Cangaroo- we are in the same boat. Baby will be rooming with us for quite a while so there is not need to do up a nursery.

Twinklie-just remind your OH that it will take longer to dry on a rainy or fall day. :)

I love seeing all the different ideas for names as hubby and I are still working a short list.

Well I'm starting to price infant carriers and pack 'n plays. We aren't doing a crib as my OH is scared of them. We talked about bassinets but now looking at them, I think they would be waste of money because Pickle won't be in it for long. So I looked at pack 'n plays that have the bassinet on top, and they aren't too expensive and I found some that I like.

I also went out to Walmart today (only place in my town to shop for things like this), and got a few more onesies/pants, some soothers, and went ahead and bought a pack of diapers. I'm going to start stocking up on those as the weeks go on, so come time that Pickle is here we are set on that front. Tried to find a coming home outfit but didn't find anything that I like.

Anyway, I'm trying to motivate myself to go do laundry and then come home and clean out the back room which is where we are going to put DS1's bed at, so that way once Pickle is here we plan to get DS1 more often and he has his own room. I can't seem to motivate myself to clean though lol.

OH and I haven't decided if we're going to keep our name a secret from everyone ... we have to pick a name first ! He's so worried she's going to come out a boy, LOL.

I need to motivate myself to start on the cleaning process as well. There's so much we need to do and not enough time in the day, especially working full time.

OH and I went to a baseball game yesterday and during the 8th inning our team rallied and the crowd got super loud. Baby girl started kicking up a storm during that time. It was hilarious. She was either startled by the noise or likes baseball, haha.

Salu, I work full time as well (45 hours, + drive time). I'm exhausted most days, so when I have a day off, I go do laundry, and then don't want to do anything else.

I've been telling people our names and kind of regret it. Most people are kind, but I've gotten a few not so nice comments (mostly from my grandma and my DH's aunt) about our name choices.

Declan Richard (Richard after both of our dads) and
Isla Irene (Irene after my grandma- the nice one, not the one who dislikes my name choices)

Most people I've told have never heard either name, but like them when I clarify pronunciation which is honestly my biggest concern with both names. Both are on lists of names that could explode here in near future (my other concern) which surprises me that I'm met with so many blank stares about the names. I'm from the US and Isla is still quite unusual here unlike across the pond.

I love all the confirmed names...let me know who is definite and wants it updating on the front page?

Good luck with your gtt Geralyn. Xxx

PK, you can update mine. We picked that name out a year before we started trying, so it's not likely to change now.

Feeling excited because i already ordered my babys stroller, things are looking and feeling more realistic now. Tomorrow i have a drs appt hopefully he doesnt nag about my weight gain again evem though i feel smaller than when i was pg with my LO

I just skipped ahead to the last page-ish because I've gotten hopelessly behind, so sorry for everything and everyone I'm missing.

Sorry you're getting not-nice feedback from a couple of people, MissyLissy. Wish some people could keep their opinions to themselves.

We kept our DD's first name a secret until she was born. Partly b/c we hadn't totally settled on it, but we didn't have any other contenders either. We kept our options open til the end. But now she couldn't be anything else! Not sure how long we were basically decided on her name by default. It was fun though to keep that secret. Even though it drove people crazy. :D

This time we're still not sure, but we have a top contender. Kinda sorta plan to keep it a secret again, but I might share it here if it's ever a for sure decided thing. ;)

Today's V-Day for me. :happydance: Had my OB appointment today and everything is perfect. :cloud9:

I just skipped ahead to the last page-ish because I've gotten hopelessly behind, so sorry for everything and everyone I'm missing.

Sorry you're getting not-nice feedback from a couple of people, MissyLissy. Wish some people could keep their opinions to themselves.

We kept our DD's first name a secret until she was born. Partly b/c we hadn't totally settled on it, but we didn't have any other contenders either. We kept our options open til the end. But now she couldn't be anything else! Not sure how long we were basically decided on her name by default. It was fun though to keep that secret. Even though it drove people crazy. :D

This time we're still not sure, but we have a top contender. Kinda sorta plan to keep it a secret again, but I might share it here if it's ever a for sure decided thing. ;)

Today's V-Day for me. :happydance: Had my OB appointment today and everything is perfect. :cloud9:

I've been getting mostly good feedback. A lot of people have told me they like my choices, even if they hadn't heard the names before (again, still surprising to me.). My grandma was super negative about both names (but she's honestly negative about most things). She suggested names Susan, Linda, Nancy....names from her era of naming children. She told me I was acting like I was some kind of actress or famous person picking my names...which lol, no. :haha: I also think she may have felt a little slighted that I'm choosing my *other* grandma for a middle name namesake. Oh well...she'll get over it. My DH's aunt said Isla Irene was a lot of I's and she was confused by the name Declan as she never heard it. And my mom didn't like Declan at first, but says she loves it now. Otherwise we've had good feedback. :thumbup: part of me wishes I had kept it a secret though, but I am so, so bad at that. I'd say we are probably 95% sure at this point, but we are still open to the fact we may change our minds.

I loooove those names Missy! And they sound cute together, Isla and Declan. Adorable.

PK- you can update the front page...pretty sure we're set on Collin David Philip

Missy- I like both names. I had never heard of Declan until I started watching a show called Revenge a few years ago. Part of the reason we're keeping our name secret from family and friends is because I don't want to hear their opinion about it

Glad it's been mostly good feedback! Declan is new to me, honestly I'm not sure how to pronounce it (which syllable is accented). But it's a fine name and when your son is born it will be perfect for him. <3 I imagine even the skeptical family members will come around too. :) Isla is lovely. It's getting a little more common here...not TOO common, but common enough that I think, in just a little time, most people will know how to pronounce it.

I don't regret keeping DD's name a secret, but even though I plan to (maybe...probably) keep it a secret this time too, I did sort of regret not bouncing my ideas off of anyone. Not that other people's opinions should matter too much, but maybe connotations or whatever that I didn't think of can be helpful to hear. In DD's case, there is a celebrity kid with the same name, so I worried people would think it was because of that. But I loved the name before that kid ever happened, and turns out that rarely comes up when people learn her name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->