November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Missy, I have a nephew named Declan and although I thought it was unusual because I'd never heard it, I really like it, and it fits him perfectly. I like both of your names. Sounds like the one grandma is jelouse the other is getting her name in there.

Congrats on V day eyemom! I'll be there in a week and a day (it's almost midnight right now, lol). Hubby and I get to see Macie again on Friday, wohoo. I've been working out and drinking Alot of water so hopefully I havn't gained too much. This pregnancy is really going faster than I had expected. Macie will be here before we know it. :)

Morning all,

I am loving the name choices so far! MissyLissy we have Isla in our top three but think we may use it as a middle name purely because of how it sounds with our surname! We are not deciding until she is here though...

So I am Consultant led this pregnancy because of my age and I had my first appointment with her on Friday. All is well but she is going to scan me at 28, 32 and 36 weeks to check baby's growth which I am secretly rather pleased about!! Chloe measured small all pregnancy although she was 6.5 lbs when she was born at 38+6 and so far it would seem that this one is following the same pattern!

Congrats on all of those at V day or past it - such a lovely milestone to reach!

Has everyone had their 20 week scans now then?

I think I've been having Braxton hicks contractions the last few mornings. They just sort of feel like light period cramps and don't last that long. Is that what it is??

I think I've been having Braxton hicks contractions the last few mornings. They just sort of feel like light period cramps and don't last that long. Is that what it is??

When I went for my doctors appt last week, I told him I was having some cramping and he said that it was probably Braxton Hicks. Said that if they last for a lot longer and get stronger then it's a problem.

PK- you can update the front page...pretty sure we're set on Collin David Philip

Missy- I like both names. I had never heard of Declan until I started watching a show called Revenge a few years ago. Part of the reason we're keeping our name secret from family and friends is because I don't want to hear their opinion about it

Same here, I don't want to hear opinions on the name. If I did, I would ask.

PK- you can update the front page...pretty sure we're set on Collin David Philip

Missy- I like both names. I had never heard of Declan until I started watching a show called Revenge a few years ago. Part of the reason we're keeping our name secret from family and friends is because I don't want to hear their opinion about it

Haha... I first heard the name on Revenge to. It's where I got the idea in the first place long before I was actually pregnant.:blush:

Eyemom... It's pronounced DECK-LIN like a deck of cards. Irish name. I'm starting to hear it more and more and I'm just crossing my fingers it doesn't become the new Aiden. (A few sites I have visited suggested it is on the verge of an explosion, but I love it so oh well.)

I love all the names mentioned. When I first heard Declan (my 7yo dr has a son named Declan) I thought it was very odd but I've really grown to love the name (Revenge probably helped that :blush: ) isla is gorgeous though!

We have 4 names picked out. The girl middle names are flexible and we really like Ignatius and Blasé for a boy but are unsure how to make it work (and Blaise means stutter so that turned me off.) they are boy saint names.

We love
Quinn Matthew
Levi Michael
Michael Mae
Lucette AnnLynn

We are team yellow so I figure telling people our names isn't that big if a deal. If we were blue or pink I think we would keep it a secret.

So over the weekend my tailbone started hurting A LOT! I went in yesterday and I had a cyst that got infected and had to get it drained. So I can only lay in my sides. Sitting is very difficult. I'm off work for a week and barely able to do anything. Dr gave me Percocet which I hate taking with baby but oh man does it help! It makes baby crazy active too! Once baby comes I'll have to have surgery to remove the cyst but hopefully one the wound heals I'll be back to "normal".

I can't believe how time is flying by! So CRAZY! We have my 7 & 9 yo bedrooms done so now it's onto baby's room (once we recover from the last two rooms!) we decided to go with grey walls. No idea of anything else though.

That's what mine feel like - or like baby has burrowed her way low down into my abdomen and is just pushing all around! Mine last about 30 seconds or so. Last night I got 3 in a row (maybe 5 minutes between each) but then they stopped, or else I would have gotten worried! Doesn't help that I'm 1000 miles from home...

I get Braxton hicks pretty much everyday it's like my stomach tenses up tight and the baby sticks out if you look. They have never been painful just uncomfortable, they make me put my hand to my bump and Thats when I realise how hard it's gone.

Got my midwives appointment soon I think they will measure my bump today :)

All this talk of names has me wondering if it matters that I want to keep the name a secret. Is it silly to want wait to reveal that detail until he's born? OH hates surprises and keeps asking if she can at least tell her side of the family and I'm afraid it's wearing down my resolve.

We're keeping our name a surprise from family and friends too but I wanted to tell someone so it feels good to say it on here

Thanks, that makes me feel better. We're going with Mattison Michael after both of our brothers.

PK, you can update mine. We picked that name out a year before we started trying, so it's not likely to change now.
lovely...will go update xxx

I just skipped ahead to the last page-ish because I've gotten hopelessly behind, so sorry for everything and everyone I'm missing.

Sorry you're getting not-nice feedback from a couple of people, MissyLissy. Wish some people could keep their opinions to themselves.

We kept our DD's first name a secret until she was born. Partly b/c we hadn't totally settled on it, but we didn't have any other contenders either. We kept our options open til the end. But now she couldn't be anything else! Not sure how long we were basically decided on her name by default. It was fun though to keep that secret. Even though it drove people crazy. :D

This time we're still not sure, but we have a top contender. Kinda sorta plan to keep it a secret again, but I might share it here if it's ever a for sure decided thing. ;)

Today's V-Day for me. :happydance: Had my OB appointment today and everything is perfect. :cloud9:
happy v day xxx

gorgeous xxx

Haha... I first heard the name on Revenge to. It's where I got the idea in the first place long before I was actually pregnant.:blush:

Eyemom... It's pronounced DECK-LIN like a deck of cards. Irish name. I'm starting to hear it more and more and I'm just crossing my fingers it doesn't become the new Aiden. (A few sites I have visited suggested it is on the verge of an explosion, but I love it so oh well.)
Declan is pretty well known over here...we would pronounce it deck-lun though? It's not too over popular though. I think they sound lovely together xxx
I love all the names mentioned. When I first heard Declan (my 7yo dr has a son named Declan) I thought it was very odd but I've really grown to love the name (Revenge probably helped that :blush: ) isla is gorgeous though!

We have 4 names picked out. The girl middle names are flexible and we really like Ignatius and Blasé for a boy but are unsure how to make it work (and Blaise means stutter so that turned me off.) they are boy saint names.

We love
Quinn Matthew
Levi Michael
Michael Mae
Lucette AnnLynn

We are team yellow so I figure telling people our names isn't that big if a deal. If we were blue or pink I think we would keep it a secret.

So over the weekend my tailbone started hurting A LOT! I went in yesterday and I had a cyst that got infected and had to get it drained. So I can only lay in my sides. Sitting is very difficult. I'm off work for a week and barely able to do anything. Dr gave me Percocet which I hate taking with baby but oh man does it help! It makes baby crazy active too! Once baby comes I'll have to have surgery to remove the cyst but hopefully one the wound heals I'll be back to "normal".

I can't believe how time is flying by! So CRAZY! We have my 7 & 9 yo bedrooms done so now it's onto baby's room (once we recover from the last two rooms!) we decided to go with grey walls. No idea of anything else though.

cool names...I love Quinn especially xxx

Had my Vday last Saturday ! Woot woot! Big milestone for me esp given my PP which increases possibility of pre term labor. But so far so good whew!

Welcome back G!

Missy I think Declan is a unique and nice sounding name! Don't let your relatives get to you. They'll get used to it !

Rhapsodi I like Quinn!

PK we have a name for our son too if you could kindly update. Rowan Charles is the name :) DH picked it out since I got to name our girl tee hee

I was curious about BH a time or two too, but I was under the impression that they weren't supposed to be painful? Kind of like apple was describing. Just a tightening, weird feeling where your uterus is contracting/hardening. I think they can be uncomfortable but not painful. But I don't really know...I'm not convinced I've had any BH. With either pregnancy, though is it true they're more common with second (and third and so on) pregnancies?

Geralyn, I like the name you chose. :)

MissyLissy, thanks for clearing that up for me, sorry. :) I guess I should have watched Revenge! ;) I first read it (in my head) with the accent on the second syllable, like DeCLAN. But then I started thinking no...I don't think that's right. Then I thought it was more how you said (the correct way), but I wasn't 100% sure. Even more since I understand better, I really like it and it just keeps growing on me. :) I can see it becoming increasingly common, but I'd be surprised if it became THAT popular like the new Aidan!

Grats on VDay Rame. :) Glad all is well. Love the name you chose (or I guess that your DH chose ;) but I imagine you'd have veto rights if you didn't like it also). ;)

Eyemom- they aren't really painful just like a little cramp. When I went for my 20 weeks soon the tech said I was having a braxton hicks contraction at one point and I was like really?!? I didn't feel anything

That's really interesting. Thanks. Kinda interesting to know our bodies are getting ready for this even when we're not necessarily even aware. :)

Has anyone else had their fundal height measured yet? Mine today was 23cm (which is 2cm below average.) Mw wasn't concerned even though it was well below the percentile chart thing.

I'm not worried but wondering if they normally start measuring at 25 weeks as she said she wouldn't plot it on the graph until 28 weeks.

apple- My OB started measuring fundal height at about 20 weeks. I think that is pretty standard here in the states.

Rame- Happy belated V-day

Has anyone else had their fundal height measured yet? Mine today was 23cm (which is 2cm below average.) Mw wasn't concerned even though it was well below the percentile chart thing.

I'm not worried but wondering if they normally start measuring at 25 weeks as she said she wouldn't plot it on the graph until 28 weeks.

Midwife measured mine at 15 weeks and it was 15 cm. They had the tape measure out to check at my 20 week appointment, but I think she didn't bother when she felt that it was at my belly button.

Love the name Rame! I will update you xxx

I don't think I've had any bh yet, didn't get any last time either :shrug:

My drs appt went well thank god he didnt tell me nothing about my weight like last time...in 3 wks i have my glucose test and in 5 wks my last sono how i wish these wks could speed up im anxious to see my baby again..still debating whether to get a 3d or not.

Yesterday was V-day for me! I had a dr appointment today and everything seemed to be great. I didn't get criticized for my weight so that's a plus!

We are staying team yellow but we have picked out our names.

Layla Skye
Graham Walker

We have received a bit of negativity about our choices but I think we would regardless of what names we picked. People just cant seem to help sharing their opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->