November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Those are prtty names Traveling mom...i understand where your coming from my daughters name is Mia and relatives would criticize that why that name and at some point it pissed me off and i talked back and said cause i liked it and after there no more criticizing no more lol..

Has anyone else had their fundal height measured yet? Mine today was 23cm (which is 2cm below average.) Mw wasn't concerned even though it was well below the percentile chart thing.

I'm not worried but wondering if they normally start measuring at 25 weeks as she said she wouldn't plot it on the graph until 28 weeks.

I've had mine checked twice so far. Once at my 16 week appointment where I believe he mumbled 18 cm to himself and then again at my 20 week where I believe I was 24 cm. No clue if that makes me ahead or behind. He seemed fine with the measurements anyways.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.I spent sunday in the maternity assessment unit as i had headaches and lots of swelling.Turns out i have protein in my urine and docs believe i am in the early stages of pre eclampsia.(i had it with DD but was diagnosed at 39 weeks,then induced straight away).I am now being monitored twice a week to make sure me and baby boy are ok.Its a pain but a relief to know it wont go undetected.
If my symptoms get worse they will consider getting baby out early.At first i was very frightened but im now a lot calmer and thinking positive that he will stay in as long as possible,and come out big and chubby.
On the subject of names,we didnt tell anyone with DD and i really think its the best way,people always have an opinion and as soon as they make a comment it tends to stick in your head whether you like it or not.
We like the names Franklin or Sylvester,pretty sure he will be one or the other.Im so excited to meet him-just not for a while yet lol
:dust:

Dogtanian I will be praying for you, pre-eclampsia is rough. I am glad that they caught it early on and will be monitoring you and baby.

I think I've been having Braxton hicks contractions the last few mornings. They just sort of feel like light period cramps and don't last that long. Is that what it is??

That's most likely BH. I don't really remember them with DS1. But this time around I started getting them about 3 weeks ago, mostly in the evenings and all I feel is the tightening of my belly. No pain or even irritation.

Has anyone else had their fundal height measured yet? Mine today was 23cm (which is 2cm below average.) Mw wasn't concerned even though it was well below the percentile chart thing.

I'm not worried but wondering if they normally start measuring at 25 weeks as she said she wouldn't plot it on the graph until 28 weeks.

My OB has been measuring mine since 14 weeks, but I have no clue what it is. I'm sure I could measure it myself because I can tell where the top of my uterus is at. I'm sure if there's every an issue if the height, she will tell me.

I love all the name choices so far. I'm starting to like Ayrek more and more now that my OH mentioned it after the u/s last week. We haven't really discussed anything baby since, because he always seems to clam up when I want to talk about it. Yesterday I was trying to get his input on the pack 'n play/bassinet and carrier I picked out, and he didn't really comment. But I'm going to tell him I like the name and then maybe we can focus on picking out a middle name.

Don't stress Dogtanian, it's good they caught it early and can monitor it. Do they have you on any meds or baby aspirin? I know I'm at an increased risk too, and am taking bp meds and baby aspirin and monitored extra close, but I try not to worry too much. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping everything works out and baby can continue to bake for as long as possible.

Thinking of you too Dogtanian - at least you are being closely monitored.

What are the UK ladies experience of fundal height measurements? I haven't been measured yet and understood that my mw would not even take a first measurement until 28 weeks? Is that standard in the UK?

As a general rule of thumb the measurement should equal the number of weeks but this is a rough guide since it is very dependent on the position of the baby. (for eg 20cm at 20 weeks is spot on!)

It is usual to measure a couple of weeks ahead or behind but I was always at least 4cm behind with Chloe and as such, had a number of growth scans and she was always fine, just petite!!

Since I am having regular growth scans this time, I will be less concered about my fundal height measurements anyway! I also feel much bigger this time round... this week in particular, my bump has really grown!

In the uk and she measured yesterday at 25 weeks 23cm. She said she doesn't plot them on the graph until 28 weeks- maybe that's when they have to?

Maybe I'm having a petite lady? DS is a short still wearing 12-18 and 18-24 clothes are baggy on him.

Hey I won't say no to more scans if I need them- love getting to see her x

I haven't been measured yet. I have a midwife appt today so maybe they will start

I'm sitting here for my glucose test and I'm starving!! They should not make pregnant women fast. I just chugged down that drink and now I have to sit here for two hours. Ugh!

Sorry to hear that Dognation, hope it all works out ok.

geralyn, good luck with the glucose test!

DH and I are in the middle of our vacation week. Just finished at the Cape with neighbors and now to the lake with some real life bump buddies. :)

We have our crib and nursery furniture now except for a glider, can't wait to see it Ll together!

I'm sitting here for my glucose test and I'm starving!! They should not make pregnant women fast. I just chugged down that drink and now I have to sit here for two hours. Ugh!

sounds awful. I have to take mine in a month and luckily my Dr said I don't have to fast, just to eat something light like cereal. They gave me the drink at my last appointment to take home. He told me to drink it 30 minutes before my appointment so I don't have to sit in his office for an hour. I hope yours goes well!

Oh man, I'm so sorry Geralyn. In my two previous pregnancies I failed the first one hour fasting glucose test and had to go back for a four hour test (which I passed both times), fasting, and that sucked. At least it's not that one.

Travelingmom, try not to eat anything too sugary or drink coffee, that'll throw off the test my doc told me. I was glad I didn't have to do it last appt as I had had a poptart and coffee for breakfast (which I like super sweet). I did an early one hour no fasting test at about 18 weeks and passed that one and I'll be having the next one hour one at my next appt. Good luck on yours ladies!

Awesome on your nursery twinklie, I havn't got any furniture yet, but I got a ton of clothes that I've washed and put away and ordered my cloth diapers they should be here soon. I feel like I'm getting things done, until I saw your post, lol. Now I'm getting antsy to get things done.

My gluscose test is in 3wks at 10am hopefully i wont starve much even though i probably am going to..even though with my LO they always gave an orange flavored one but i was lucky enough they gave me fruit punch flavored..hopefully i can get a diff flavor rather than orange

I asked my midwife if i should be on asprin at 12 weeks and she told me no.The doctor is very angry about that and said its prob too late now.
Im not on bp meds as my bp is stable at the moment,but they wont hesitate if it creeps up
:dust:

I had my midwife appt this afternoon and she said I've gained almost 30 lbs! She said it's too much and I need to start walking more and watch my diet. I guess stuffing my face at the all inclusive resort on vac a last week didn't help. oops And then of course I almost cried getting in the car bc I feel like a fatass now

Geralyn, I was actually jumping on BnB to make a weight gain rant.
Read this article...it made me feel better :)
https://www.today.com/parents/savannah-guthrie-breaking-weight-gain-rules-pregnancy-1D79829794

So anyway, I just hopped on the scale and realized I've gained 5lbs since my last appt 3 weeks ago. I haven't exactly been super careful, but I haven't been eating unhealthy either. So where did this 5lbs come from all of a sudden? Grrr. I was really proud of only gaining 8 lbs by 20 weeks, and I was hoping to stay around 25 for the whole pregnancy. Don't think that's going to happen if I gain 5 pounds between every appointment! So yeah, I'm feeling like a fatass too.

Let's commiserate with a cookie. I just don't give a damn right now.

You know, I've been thinking alot about my weight gain lately, and I believe alot of it is fluids, extra blood, uturus, breast tissue, placenta etc. When I had my first I lost 25 pounds in the first week! It was all fluid and baby and stuff, but still. I've gained about 30 or 35 pounds so far, but it's not as if I sit around stuffing my face. I've been eating pretty good besides the occasional soda or candy, but I always ate like that pre-pregnancy too. Plus, I drink a Ton of water, I'm drinking water all day long. Geralyn, I don't think you should worry about the weight gain, most of it is probably water weight.

cncem, like you I have also gained about 30 lbs, but I cannot tell you where it is all going! My rings still fit and my face/wrists haven't gained noticeably. It is honestly all belly (and ok...butt, too). But I feel super self-conscious when absolute strangers at work stop me in the halls to comment on how I've "blown up" in the last few weeks. Uh...thanks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->