November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Yea I don't eat terribly…I mean I def indulge in some ice-cream at night once in a while and I drink a ton of water. I guess it just sucks being told that I'm gaining too much

This was me at 21 weeks, so last Tuesday I think. I finally have a bump! :D

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 5
I'm sitting here for my glucose test and I'm starving!! They should not make pregnant women fast. I just chugged down that drink and now I have to sit here for two hours. Ugh!

sounds awful. I have to take mine in a month and luckily my Dr said I don't have to fast, just to eat something light like cereal. They gave me the drink at my last appointment to take home. He told me to drink it 30 minutes before my appointment so I don't have to sit in his office for an hour. I hope yours goes well!

Yeah I was told I didn't have to fast either, just make sure I don't eat anything that had sugar in it. I was originally scheduled 3 weeks from now, and it was in the afternoon. I was not looking forward to that. Well then I had to reschedule it for the week before, but luckily I'm going in at 8:30am, so I will just get up, not eat, just drink water and go in. And eat breakfast/brunch afterwards.

I asked my midwife if i should be on asprin at 12 weeks and she told me no.The doctor is very angry about that and said its prob too late now.
Im not on bp meds as my bp is stable at the moment,but they wont hesitate if it creeps up
:dust:

:hugs: keeping you in my thoughts.

Ahh weight gain :/ I've gained about 27 lbs now. On my first pregnancy I gained about 40 pounds. At the rate I'm going I'm probably heading towards that direction again. Or if I'm really lucky even more (sigh)

I'm with ya Mo.. Screw it!

Yea I don't eat terribly…I mean I def indulge in some ice-cream at night once in a while and I drink a ton of water. I guess it just sucks being told that I'm gaining too much

We just have to remember theyre recommended weight gains. So long as you feel good and try to eat healthy you're fine G !

I've gained about 11 pounds so far (it went down and up again when I was ill). I remember with DS massive weight gain in third tri so that's something to look forward to!

Try not to stress if you eating reasonably then there's no need to diet. You do loose loads in water and blood (and baby!) soon after birth.

I couldn't tell you how much weight I have gained and I am purposely not checking! The Consultant did not mention it last week so I am guessing that the weight gain is ok.. but they seem less concerned about weight gain here. Certainly with my first when I was midwfe led, I was rarely weighed at midwife appointments. Whether this is a good thing or not, I am not sure!! :haha:

As of last week when I was 21w I had gained 18 pounds. My OB has yet to say anything about it, though I kind of cringed when I stepped on the scale. I was no skinny minnie to begin with, so all the extra weight is a bit daunting. Oh well. I'm also in the screw it camp. Don't stress too much, Geralyn! My good friend gained 60, yes 60 pounds with her first pregnancy and lost it all plus some after baby relatively quickly just from breast feeding and cutting out dairy (her son was allergic). She ended up skinnier than where she was pre-pregnancy within a few months post birth and believe me, she was MASSIVE towards the end.

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? I can't even remember the last night I had a good nights rest. I just can't get comfortable. I have a pregnancy pillow, and though it is comfy and better than without, I still get crazy insomnia and can't make it more than an hour or two before waking up. I'm up and down all night long. Plus, I'm starting to get crazy congestion at night which isn't helping. I miss sleeping on my stomach. I told my co-worker this and she just laughed at me telling me to get used to it cause I won't be sleeping for the next four years or so. Very true, but it's why I want my beauty rest now while I still can!! :haha:

I'm not sure how much I've gained to be honest. At my first GP appointment, I believe I actually lost weight due to morning/afternoon sickness. Since then, it's been about 4/5 lbs weight gain every time I go in. He didn't seem concerned. We'll see when I have my first OB appointment next month what he says !

Sleeping is getting worse for me. I have a pregnancy pillow, but don't use it. I just sleep with a regular pillow between my legs, but I end up on my back or right side half way through the night. A lot of the nights I can't get comfy because of my back. Every night I'm up once or twice to pee, and then it takes eons to go back to bed.

I get really hot when I sleep on my left side, and I told my doc about it. She said to sleep however was comfortable for me as long as I'm not "stiff as a board" on my back. I sleep mostly on my right side with the fan blowing in my face to keep cool! It helps, a little bit.

I'm actually sleeping ok right now...once I can get to sleep past the heartburn. I sleep on my right and usually wake once for the toilet?

Not sure how much weight I've put on, but I think as long as you're not eating excessively and completely sedentary it's just what baby needs?? :shrug:

Vote on our girls and boys names so far here.....
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-names/2208287-please-vote-our-girls-names-so-far.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-names/2208295-please-vote-our-boys-names-so-far.html

I lietrally wake up more than 4 times to pee during the night...plus i find it comfortable sleeping on my side with bottom leg straight and the other one folded up kinda doing a 4 but not on my stomach.

PK I voted! You have a number of lovely names, I had a hard time choosing just one on each list :)

I've gained about 14 pounds and waiting to see what third tri brings. That's generally when the women in my family packed it on.

I also have started having a really hard time falling asleep. It's hard to get a comfy position, and when I sleep on my left side, my baby kicks me until i have to switch. I donno what part of her body is on my left side. My right side is a little better, but I get uncomfortable much quicker and have to switch again... Once I'm asleep, thank goodness I stay asleep, but it could take me 2 hours to fall asleep. And I end up waking up so tired.

I'm actually sleeping ok right now...once I can get to sleep past the heartburn. I sleep on my right and usually wake once for the toilet?

Not sure how much weight I've put on, but I think as long as you're not eating excessively and completely sedentary it's just what baby needs?? :shrug:

Vote on our girls and boys names so far here.....
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-names/2208287-please-vote-our-girls-names-so-far.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/baby-names/2208295-please-vote-our-boys-names-so-far.html

Just voted for both PK! Good choices!

I voted for Holly and Keir. But admittedly my boy name preference is skewed by a friend's son named Kieran...and they call him Kier most of the time. He's awesome. It reminded me of him. I know whatever you pick will suit the LO perfectly. :)

Voting done!

I used to get up 4 times a night to pee, but the MW suggested that I curb my water consumption after 5 PM. I was already drinking more than I needed to. Now I am down to once a night.

As for sleep position. I generally have to dislodge a cat from the body pillow when I roll onto my left side. Then if I lay on my back I run the risk of having said cat walk across my belly in the middle of the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->