November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Oh Mariemo good luck with the travelling, bh's sound uncomfortable :hugs:

We are going away on the 19th of August so I will be gone 30 weeks. Has anyone flown this late before? It's only a short flight to Mallorca but I will need a drs note. I'm sure it will be fine.

I feel you on the fullness Twinklie. I'm not really able to eat much at all at the moment. I feel this baby will be another long, heavy one, I can already feel it stretching out from right under my ribs while sitting on all my internal organs!!

I assume everything is fine. Saw baby on ultrasound and can feel her moving up a storm today. The tech checked my cervix, but their faxing over the results to the doctor. Only problem is, it's not my regular doctor, since I went to the Urgent Care clinic, so it's another doctor in the building. I haven't heard anything back yet. If I don't t hear back today, I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they got the faxed results. I don't like waiting.

I missed all the rutabaga talk, but wanted to chime in! Rutabaga and turnips are actually two different things! Both are root vegetables, and can usually be used interchangeably in recipes, but they're not the same thing :)

I love rutabaga, but I'm not a big fan of turnip. Rutabaga is sweeter.

To show how close they are, though, rutabaga are hybrids of turnip and cabbage!

I missed all the rutabaga talk, but wanted to chime in! Rutabaga and turnips are actually two different things! Both are root vegetables, and can usually be used interchangeably in recipes, but they're not the same thing :)

I love rutabaga, but I'm not a big fan of turnip. Rutabaga is sweeter.

To show how close they are, though, rutabaga are hybrids of turnip and cabbage!

I love it! :rofl: a rutabaga expert!! Thanks DragonflyWing! Xxx

Oh Mariemo good luck with the travelling, bh's sound uncomfortable :hugs:

We are going away on the 19th of August so I will be gone 30 weeks. Has anyone flown this late before? It's only a short flight to Mallorca but I will need a drs note. I'm sure it will be fine.

I feel you on the fullness Twinklie. I'm not really able to eat much at all at the moment. I feel this baby will be another long, heavy one, I can already feel it stretching out from right under my ribs while sitting on all my internal organs!!

Enjoy the vacation! I'm sure it will be fine travelling, just be sure to put your feet up and relax!

For ladies that have gliders and the like in their nurseries, question...

I am considering a glider with a built in recliner vs. a glider with a gliding ottoman. Pros and cons of each??? I've been told to make sure the glider is big enough to be comfy for you and your future toddler together, and tall enough for DH to put his head back to relax as well. Any other input???

Twinklie, I imagine the biggest pro of having two separate pieces is so that your OH (if they are taller) won't have their feet hanging off the end! But that's all I got.

In response to the gliders...

we considered both and still have not made a final purchase, but I'm 99% sure we are going with the glider with ottoman.

Reason why - the rocking motion when your feet are up was a huge comforting plus when I was testing them out.

Totally dependent on what you prefer and what feels most comfortable to you. Where are you looking?

we considered both and still have not made a final purchase, but I'm 99% sure we are going with the glider with ottoman.

Reason why - the rocking motion when your feet are up was a huge comforting plus when I was testing them out.

Totally dependent on what you prefer and what feels most comfortable to you. Where are you looking?

I was looking at Babies R Us. I haven't found too many other stores that have them in person (I like the all upholstered kind).

I had two friends who swore by the recline, and the ability to lock it into a reclined position when you have a sleeping, sick baby, or for late night nursing sessions. But I do love the feel of a glider with the ottoman gliding with you. Of course I haven't been able to find a nice big, beige, glider with matching ottoman, only the recliner one. Seems like it should be easier to find but so far they are all too small or too crazy expensive. I dunno!

I was looking at Babies R Us. I haven't found too many other stores that have them in person (I like the all upholstered kind).

I had two friends who swore by the recline, and the ability to lock it into a reclined position when you have a sleeping, sick baby, or for late night nursing sessions. But I do love the feel of a glider with the ottoman gliding with you. Of course I haven't been able to find a nice big, beige, glider with matching ottoman, only the recliner one. Seems like it should be easier to find but so far they are all too small or too crazy expensive. I dunno!

Do you have a Buy Buy Baby anywhere near you? That's where we found the one I think we're going to purchase. It's the Quinn - which is from the Best company I think (as in the company is called best, not they are the best lol)

When I visited my dad and step mom in May they had a glider with ottoman that they got from Costco. It was so comfortable. I've requested that as a gift lol.

I can't believe in 2 weeks time I will be starting THIRD trimester!! This pregnancy has gone so incredibly fast ... and now the reality that i will be going through labor and birth again is starting to sink in finally! EEK!!! It's all been just so surreal ... now its becoming more real... HELP!! Can a back out?? LOL! :wacko:

We went with a glider/ottoman combo. It's nice to be able to rock with your feet up. The criteria was comfortable cushion, padded arms, removable cushions or washable fabric, and a locking mechanism to prevent pinched little fingers.

I just realized so many of our ladies are in third tri now - WOW! That's amazing...home stretch, ladies!

Re: glider. I have to say, I don't love ours with the separate ottoman. I actually found it to be an uncomfortable able for long periods of time, and ended up buying a little foot stool to put my feet up instead. I liked that a lot better and kept a better position for my back. I don't know if that would be corrected with the reclining glider, but I would have loved to have explored that option when we were first shopping. I did end up using our recliner in the living room a lot when I was with a sick/sleeping baby - the glider was really more for nursing to sleep and middle of the night feedings.

So I did some contraction timing while I was at the airport/in flight. I had a BH on average every 30 minutes (varied from 28 minutes to 33 minutes), for about 35 seconds each time. That lasted from the time I got to the airport when I started tracking (at around 11am) until I got to my hotel (around 4pm). I've only had one other one since then and it was about 30 minutes ago. I made it a point to stay very well hydrated at the airport and in-flight, so maybe I just needed a rest? But they've calmed down now and I feel a lot better.

This was my last work trip this year - hallelujah! My works doesn't require much travel at all, but because of some weird timing this summer, this is my 5th trip in two months, 17 days total being away from home. I hate it! I'm ready to be done.

I'm going to curl up on the bed now and watch One Born Every Minute on YouTube until I fall asleep. Hope everyone had a great day!

The glider I had when I had DS1 was one that could recline as well. I loved it, especially when I napped with him in my arms, I would put my feet up and then recline the chair back and glide back and forth.

I got rid of the chair when I moved up this way 6 years ago though. Again wasn't planning on having any more children or didn't think I could. I would like to get another one though. OH has one exactly like the one i can but his is pretty worn, so if we were to buy one, he'd probably take over it lol. He is uses it as his computer chair.

Trumpetbeth, I did an early one hour non fasting one at 15 weeks or so and passed it, I have another one scheduled for next doc visit, good luck!
My advice, don't eat or drink anything sugary in the morning before you go if it's not fasting, my doc said that would throw off the test and possibly make you fail it. Good luck!

Has anyone done a gestational diabetes test? I have mine tomorrow.

I have mine at 28 weeks on 18 August - the day after a week abroad on an all inclusive holiday! Hope it goes OK :)

I can't believe that some of us are heading into the third trimester already... I feel quite apprehensive about it now! :wacko:

Ugh. It's the middle of the night here and crazy acid reflux just woke me up and made me vomit my guts out. Now I can't lie down because it's so uncomfortable so I'm sitting in a chair waiting to feel well enough to try lying down/sleeping again. Definitely add me to the list of ladies who are starting to feel uncomfortable lots of the time (especially at night in my case), and I'm still a good 4 weeks from third tri! I think it's going to be an interesting autumn for me to say the least! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->