November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I wanted to give everyone a quick update... I haven't been on here in SO LONG! First off, baby boy got a name change! He was going to be Jackson Scott and carry his father's last name (we haven't been together since I was about 6 weeks), but in the past month and a half, the father has decided he doesn't want to be involved :sad2: AND Jackson sounds super weird with my last name, so I've decided to change baby boy's name to Levi Thomas!!

Second... (here begins a bit of a rant)... idk if it's just me or what, but -- first time mom here -- I only JUST started feeling solid baby movements like... a week ago. No kidding. And I definitely can't tell the difference between hiccups, kicks, punches... although I think I can tell when he rolls around, but only because it sometimes makes me feel like I'm about to get motion sickness. :shrug: lol

On top of that, I had a lady at my church tell me on Sunday "I'm so glad you finally look pregnant! When I was as far along as you I looked like I swallowed an adult!" because... in spite of the 20+ pounds that I've gained already *sigh* apparently I just don't "look all that pregnant"... It's so exasperating!

When I look at everything combined... including my very minimal pregnancy symptoms so far, the fact that I'm probably MORE active now than I was pre-pregnancy (I've just been walking a TON), and everything else... is it bad that I sorta feel like I'm not really getting the full monty pregnancy experience here? Am I just being ridiculous?

EDIT: Sorry, this sounds super negative, so let me please clarify... I'm actually really excited! I am so stinking excited and so super impatient to experience every single thing I possibly can that has to do with this baby that I get frustrated when his presence is sometimes STILL a little less than obvious. I'm the girl who feels a slight movement and automatically presses her hand to that spot to see if she can get a better sense of it -- even though it has already meant sitting idly at my desk at work doing nothing but staring into space with my hand on my belly and a stupid grin on my face. This boy is the most beautiful distraction I've ever had. Hands down.

I'm so sorry for your situation! :hugs: I hope you have family and friends to lean on in this tough time!!!

As for not feeling movements until now, that is nothing to be concerned about. My doctor only started asking me if I have started (and I'm 27 weeks), though this is my second and we had early movements. Starting 22-26 wks is really normal, ESPECIALLY with your first. AND since the movements really just started, you don't need to worry about not distinguishing between a kick, punch or hiccup. It won't be that easy for a long time. Especially the first few weeks of those movements usually feel more like popcorn and flutters.

As long as your doctor isn't concerned about the baby's growth-rate, you have nothing to worry about. Most women, again especially with baby #1, don't REALLY looks preggo until 5-6 months. Again, you are right on track. Some people pop out super early, some super late. My cousin didn't look pregnant when she gave birth. Different bodies.

Heavier women show later, women who are extremely fit and have a strong core show later, and anterior placentas tend to show later. There are so many factors in showing. Please keep your chin up!!! :hugs:

As for the woman who commented on your pregnancy, next time try "oh... you really have popped early. When are you due?" That'll shut her right up :haha::rofl:

In all seriousness, I hate when women comment on bump size. Every day, my MIL decides it's ok to tell me this baby is bigger than my first-born. I tell her "nope. They're measuring the same... same as the last time you said it."

Hun, you are carrying your beautiful baby boy! If the doctor says you and he are healthy, that's all you need to know!!! Sending you love, hun!!!! :hugs::flower:

AFM:

I forgot to mention that I have super low blood pressure. It's a gift not to worry about high blood pressure, but it is also really dangerous.

With my first born, I was able to sleep on my back until much later in pregnancy. Now, I'm already out of that position because when I'm on my back, I pass out. :haha: Attractive, right? That leaves my side. Thank goodness for my pregnancy pillow!

Hope everyone is safe with their weather. Seems like we are all having insane weather, all over the world!

I don't usually chime in here because it seems like it just moves too fast for me! :haha:

But I wanted to update that I'm team blue :blue:

Also, I know I'm listed on the first page as being due on the 14th, but my actual due date is the 13th (I was thinking based on ovulation when I came up with the 14th, but obviously since it's only one day off my LMP due date, my OB is sticking with that). :flower:

Anyone planning on banking cord blood? I'm researching different companies now and can't decide.

Off topic...my BABY is TWO!
She turned 2 on Sunday and I can hardly believe it.
And of course, I have to show her off because she's SO STINKING CUTE!

v88kaAe_GrzzzFz1S5UoVG83meDwPOhZgiCuE8uui0QM=w449-h725-no

I wanted to give everyone a quick update... I haven't been on here in SO LONG! First off, baby boy got a name change! He was going to be Jackson Scott and carry his father's last name (we haven't been together since I was about 6 weeks), but in the past month and a half, the father has decided he doesn't want to be involved :sad2: AND Jackson sounds super weird with my last name, so I've decided to change baby boy's name to Levi Thomas!!

Second... (here begins a bit of a rant)... idk if it's just me or what, but -- first time mom here -- I only JUST started feeling solid baby movements like... a week ago. No kidding. And I definitely can't tell the difference between hiccups, kicks, punches... although I think I can tell when he rolls around, but only because it sometimes makes me feel like I'm about to get motion sickness. :shrug: lol

On top of that, I had a lady at my church tell me on Sunday "I'm so glad you finally look pregnant! When I was as far along as you I looked like I swallowed an adult!" because... in spite of the 20+ pounds that I've gained already *sigh* apparently I just don't "look all that pregnant"... It's so exasperating!

When I look at everything combined... including my very minimal pregnancy symptoms so far, the fact that I'm probably MORE active now than I was pre-pregnancy (I've just been walking a TON), and everything else... is it bad that I sorta feel like I'm not really getting the full monty pregnancy experience here? Am I just being ridiculous?

EDIT: Sorry, this sounds super negative, so let me please clarify... I'm actually really excited! I am so stinking excited and so super impatient to experience every single thing I possibly can that has to do with this baby that I get frustrated when his presence is sometimes STILL a little less than obvious. I'm the girl who feels a slight movement and automatically presses her hand to that spot to see if she can get a better sense of it -- even though it has already meant sitting idly at my desk at work doing nothing but staring into space with my hand on my belly and a stupid grin on my face. This boy is the most beautiful distraction I've ever had. Hands down.
Don't apologise for being negative. It's lovely to hear from you and thanks for letting us know your baby boys name change...I love it.
I'm so sorry it sounds like you've been through a rough ride :hugs:
Oh and agreeing with the others, I hate hearing opinions about my bump size, anything people can say just seems to offend me! I'd rather peopejustkept quiet!! Xxx
AFM:

I forgot to mention that I have super low blood pressure. It's a gift not to worry about high blood pressure, but it is also really dangerous.

With my first born, I was able to sleep on my back until much later in pregnancy. Now, I'm already out of that position because when I'm on my back, I pass out. :haha: Attractive, right? That leaves my side. Thank goodness for my pregnancy pillow!

Hope everyone is safe with their weather. Seems like we are all having insane weather, all over the world!
gosh passing out is a bit scary :nope:...take care with that :hugs:
I have low blood pressure too, but don't sleep on my back so have never experienced problem with sleeping. I do sleep on my right hand side though which is upon to bad for the pulmonary artery or something? :shrug:

We've been having some lovely warm, summer weather, but it seems to have gone now :dohh: xxx
I don't usually chime in here because it seems like it just moves too fast for me! :haha:

But I wanted to update that I'm team blue :blue:

Also, I know I'm listed on the first page as being due on the 14th, but my actual due date is the 13th (I was thinking based on ovulation when I came up with the 14th, but obviously since it's only one day off my LMP due date, my OB is sticking with that). :flower:
I will change your edd and update on your bAby boy...congratulations :hugs:
Don't feel scared to chime in, I don't think anyone can keep up!! We are all such chatter boxes!! Xxx

ohmy word Mariemo, I know I've said it before but your daughter is absolutely beautiful...how do you stand it!!
Did she enjoy her birthday? Xxx

Spiffynoodle - congrats on team blue!!!

MarieMo - She is just ADORABLE! What a cutie. :)

Beccabear, I am glad you are so excited still in spite of the difficulties you are going through pregnancy wise and otherwise. Feel free to vent away. :hugs:

Just got back from my 24-week appt with my OB.
She did seem a little concerned about my contractions, but felt better when I told her I was done traveling. She basically told me I needed to STOP traveling, and needed to start resting more, hydrating constantly. She has a 2yo and is pregnant as well, so she did tell me to take her advice with a grain of salt!

Chase's birthday was wonderful! We had a great time with family and friends, got a waterslide for the backyard, it was awesome! On Sunday, we took advantage of having family in town - DH and I were going to have a date night, but we instead decided to sneak off to our bedroom and...NAP. Yep, we napped. For two glorious hours, we napped. One of my favorite date nights ever :)

She is adorable! I can't wait to see what Coraline looks like when she is two :)

Oh MarieMo, she is beautiful! So stinking cute. I'm glad you are done traveling to, and glad your doctor is on top of the contractions. Congrats on v-day, too! Just noticed your ticker. :flower:

Thanks Missy! I know, our doc mentioned viability today. Freaked my husband out! I don't think he realized how far into this pregnancy we were. Ha!

Oh Happy V Day MarieMo! And glad you are done traveling, hope that helps your BH ease up.

Thank you all so much for the kind words. :) It's so nice to be reminded that there are other people out there going through the exact same thing with all the awkward bump comments! I believe that the lady I mentioned meant her comment in a good way, she's a good friend of the family... it's just odd to me that some people (moms especially) can feel so free to talk about the size of your belly! lol

In other news, I thought I'd throw in this little tidbit, hopefully it will bring a few smiles... this morning when my alarm went off, I hit snooze probably three times (never do feel like I get enough rest, I'm sure you all can sympathize) and after the third time... I swear I was gonna get up after the next one ;) ... I felt the baby nudge me a few times, as though he were saying "OK, mommy, I've heard your alarm three times now, time for you to wake up and feed me!" It was literally the most adorable wakeup call I've ever gotten. :blush:

Hello, been a while hope your all doing good. Got fair bit of catching up to do.

My husband was waiting for vday. He has a bunch of days he was looking at as milestones. First tri it was every week (because we had two big scares) and huge relief with 13 weeks. Then 20wk u/a. And lastly vday! It's funny because he knows nothing about pregnancy and babies so he must have been :kiss:researching or (shockingly) listening to me!

I'm finally doing better after having an abscesses cyst drained last Monday and am back to work. I feel so much bigger this week than 2 weeks ago working with the kiddos (I work with kids on the autism spectrum, which is getting more and more difficult.)

Friday we go for another u/s! Last u/s they could get a good view of babies spine so oh man we have to do it again.

Last weekend our church had a rummage sale. I wasn't feeling well and we accidentally missed it. Luckily after mass we could go pick over the leftovers for a donation. We got a rocking chair, crib mattress (we already have a crib from DHs parents who had it for our nieces and nephews), high chair and a few other little things for $25! So we started painting the nursery. I wish we could afford to do more in the nursery now but we have to wait until more loans are paid off. We eventually want to re Sheetrock the room and put better insulation in it but. It will work until we can do it.

Hey mummytoamber!! Xxx

Glad you're feeling better after the cyst Rhapsodi, good bargains! Xxx

Happy vday rhapsodi! I'm a special ed teacher too and work with children with autism so I know how tough that can be. I am off for the summer now and won't be going back in the fall bc I will be staying home with baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->