November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I feel anxious! But then i dont because i know dr will bring up my weight gain again which i dont eveen know what to do anymore..with my LO i ate anything and my total weight gain was 45lbs and up til now im already 30-40lbs and still got more weeks to go. Anyways tomorrow i se my baby boy! Cant wait!

I feel anxious! But then i dont because i know dr will bring up my weight gain again which i dont eveen know what to do anymore..with my LO i ate anything and my total weight gain was 45lbs and up til now im already 30-40lbs and still got more weeks to go. Anyways tomorrow i se my baby boy! Cant wait!

I'm in the same boat. I have my midwife appt on fri and am afraid to see what my weight gain is. 4 weeks ago I had already gained close to 30 lbs. I'm hoping that the 10 day vaca I had in the bahamas at an all inclusive had a lot to do with the gain and that I haven't gained that much. I still have 9 weeks to go and I feel huge!

I'm in the same boat. I have my midwife appt on fri and am afraid to see what my weight gain is. 4 weeks ago I had already gained close to 30 lbs. I'm hoping that the 10 day vaca I had in the bahamas at an all inclusive had a lot to do with the gain and that I haven't gained that much. I still have 9 weeks to go and I feel huge!

Same here! But then i think about it and i know other girls gain wayyyy more and then i calm down myself. But i dont understand why ive gained much quick if i eat healthier than my LO and still gain. And i drink a lot of water during the night and sometimes through out the day also....i dont drink soda at all unless i pick up food from a fast food place or restaurant which is rare.

Hi mandaa- don't worry too much about this. For the one hour, you typically need to score below 140 to pass. My doctor's office uses stricter standards and I needed to be below 130. I scored 140 on the dot and had to take the three hour.

For the 3 hour, they give you a higher concentrated sweet drink (like twice as much sugar as the one hour concoction). There are four "check points" you need to pass: <95 fasting, <180 1 hour, <155 2 hour, and <120 3 hour I believe. Most doctor's offices say you need to fail two steps for the dx. My doctor says if you fail one step, it's an automatic dx. I passed every step except scored a 190 at 1 hour which was enough for my OB to label me with GD. The test isn't too bad. The drink is nasty sweet, and I was really hungry by the end, but I didn't feel sick or nauseous or anything.

Honestly, of the issues I'm working with now, GD is the most manageable, least scary, and in some ways may even be a blessing in disguise. I went to the clinic and am now following the diet closely. It's a very healthy diet. My numbers have all been good so far with diet changes alone, and I've actually lost 2 pounds since starting it! It's truly not the worse thing that can happen... And you never know, you could pass the 3 hour and not have to worry about any of this anyway! :)

Thank you so much... this is all very reassuring. I just panic about everything and now I'm super upset about the results, which I know you've already been through.

My husbands going to go with me to the test, so that if I don't feel good, I have him with me. I'm hoping that I pass. I know that GD is totally manageable, I'm moreso concerned with how it'll interfere with my birth plan. I really want to go unmedicated and natural water birth and I'm worried that this will be a complication with that plan.

I think so long as you get your numbers under control and baby is measuring normal, then a potential GD dx shouldn't affect your birth plan at all. :)

Hi mandaa- don't worry too much about this. For the one hour, you typically need to score below 140 to pass. My doctor's office uses stricter standards and I needed to be below 130. I scored 140 on the dot and had to take the three hour.

For the 3 hour, they give you a higher concentrated sweet drink (like twice as much sugar as the one hour concoction). There are four "check points" you need to pass: <95 fasting, <180 1 hour, <155 2 hour, and <120 3 hour I believe. Most doctor's offices say you need to fail two steps for the dx. My doctor says if you fail one step, it's an automatic dx. I passed every step except scored a 190 at 1 hour which was enough for my OB to label me with GD. The test isn't too bad. The drink is nasty sweet, and I was really hungry by the end, but I didn't feel sick or nauseous or anything.

Honestly, of the issues I'm working with now, GD is the most manageable, least scary, and in some ways may even be a blessing in disguise. I went to the clinic and am now following the diet closely. It's a very healthy diet. My numbers have all been good so far with diet changes alone, and I've actually lost 2 pounds since starting it! It's truly not the worse thing that can happen... And you never know, you could pass the 3 hour and not have to worry about any of this anyway! :)

Thank you so much... this is all very reassuring. I just panic about everything and now I'm super upset about the results, which I know you've already been through.

My husbands going to go with me to the test, so that if I don't feel good, I have him with me. I'm hoping that I pass. I know that GD is totally manageable, I'm moreso concerned with how it'll interfere with my birth plan. I really want to go unmedicated and natural water birth and I'm worried that this will be a complication with that plan.

I think so long as you get your numbers under control and baby is measuring normal, then a potential GD dx shouldn't affect your birth plan at all. :)

Thanks!

Just got done with my glucose screening. It was a 2 hour test with 3 blood draws. I felt a little light headed as I was heading up the parking garage stairs on the way to work, but I think that was more in response to heat/humidity than the drink. I also got some good reassurance about the test in that I would still be able to have my baby at the birthing center even with a GD dx. They have the resources to manage it there, even though they only take low risk moms.

Missyann, we are due the same day and I also just had my glucose test! I wish they would call me even if I pass - I don't like waiting to hear or not hear from them.

Later today I go in for a private ultrasound, I can't wait to see my little lady again :happydance:

Missyann, we are due the same day and I also just had my glucose test! I wish they would call me even if I pass - I don't like waiting to hear or not hear from them.

Later today I go in for a private ultrasound, I can't wait to see my little lady again :happydance:

They told me they would call if there was a problem, but I should be able to look up my results online. Wish I was going to have another US before my due date, but I guess I'll just have to be patient.

I want another US before my due date. I am very nervous because I tested as a 1:38 risk for Spina Bifida. All the earlier ultrasounds have been showing no signs (and I refuse amniocentesis) but I worry maybe its a very minor form of it (which does exist) and Maybe it won't show up until a later date? I just wanna know prior to birth if he will have any problems because I really would like to prepare for it mentally and my OH would NEED to prepare mentally. Plus, seeing the baby is a bonus!!!!

It's so freaking hot here......I'm ready for it to be around 50-60 degrees, where I'm comfortable. I hate this 90 degree weather with heat indexes up to 110.

Had my doctor's appointment this morning. Everything is great. He's measuring right on track, and atm head down. He'll probably move again next week lol, he's ornery like that. I also found out today, I get another u/s around 36 weeks. Kind of surprised by that, only because with my first I had 2 only. Would have only had the 1 (at 20 weeks), but because I went over, I had another one at 40w5d.

I'm slowly going through all the things bought so far. I'm pretty set from birth to 6months atm for clothing. I'm still trying to find a coming home outfit. Nothing has struck me as cute. I've got three outfits that could work, but I don't know. I bought myself some nursing bras today, and looked at some nightgowns/pj sets, but I may wait a bit on those. I'm slowly trying to get everything in order.

Hopefully this weekend, or at least by next weekend we will have the pack 'n play and the carrier bought (I'm thinking about buying one that comes with a travel system, that way come spring I can go walking).

They told me they would call if there was a problem, but I should be able to look up my results online. Wish I was going to have another US before my due date, but I guess I'll just have to be patient.

I was also told they would call if there was a problem, but my hospital/doctor's office has a site you can log into to get your records and test results which is where I found mine. I passed barely by 4pts.

I want another US before my due date. I am very nervous because I tested as a 1:38 risk for Spina Bifida. All the earlier ultrasounds have been showing no signs (and I refuse amniocentesis) but I worry maybe its a very minor form of it (which does exist) and Maybe it won't show up until a later date? I just wanna know prior to birth if he will have any problems because I really would like to prepare for it mentally and my OH would NEED to prepare mentally. Plus, seeing the baby is a bonus!!!!

:hugs: hopefully you can get another u/s at least to ease your mind and see lo again. I understand wanting to know something like that so both you and OH can prepare mentally for that.

:hugs: hopefully you can get another u/s at least to ease your mind and see lo again. I understand wanting to know something like that so both you and OH can prepare mentally for that.

Thanks! :hugs: I am trying not to freak myself out too much!

Here's my little lady at 27+4! My husband finally got to see what I mean when I say she never stops moving, because all of the photos are blurry from her moving around so much. She was eating her hand, yawning, rubbing her face, and stretching out the whole time. :cloud9: The DVD turned out so much better because it's possible to watch her do all of her tricks!
In the picture, she has both of her hands underneath her chubby cheeks. Such chub so early! Now we're even MORE excited to meet her, and I didn't think that was possible!

Attachments

• 20140825_165011.jpg
    20140825_165011.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 9
A friend of mine from HS is pregnant with twin girls, just about as far along as I am (28 weeks). She just got put on 100% bedrest. Yikes! Can't imagine how freaked out she is.

A friend of mine from HS is pregnant with twin girls, just about as far along as I am (28 weeks). She just got put on 100% bedrest. Yikes! Can't imagine how freaked out she is.

Interesting. Hope your friend is ok! I have an OB appointment tomorrow and am going to have a very serious/long discussion with my doctor about my work responsibilities and stress. I keep getting told I need to relax and take it easy, but my job makes that impossible. It might sound crazy, but I wouldn't be opposed to being ordered at least modified bed rest. It would force me to slow down which I think is very needed for me at this point in time. If I was only taking a maternity leave, I'd be more opposed because extended time off work pre-birth will cut into my leave time with my babies. But, I'm quitting...so my only real choice is a few extra pay checks vs. my babies (and my) health, which is kind of a no-brainer.

She is beautiful Dissy! Reminds me of a dream I had recently, you know how you can see a foot in that lady's bump on the internet, really defined? My baby was sticking her whole head out of my tummy and we could see all of her features perfectly defined. It was weird though, lol.

ooh Mariemo, I'd hate to have to be on complete bedrest at this point, how would my family survive without me? I have to be up to get kids ready for school and off, then clean house and do all the usual chores, pick kids up from school, cook dinner and put them to bed, mostly by myself. I can't imagine... Of course though she'll probably only go about 6 or 7 more weeks at most. But still

She is beautiful Dissy! Reminds me of a dream I had recently, you know how you can see a foot in that lady's bump on the internet, really defined? My baby was sticking her whole head out of my tummy and we could see all of her features perfectly defined. It was weird though, lol.

ooh Mariemo, I'd hate to have to be on complete bedrest at this point, how would my family survive without me? I have to be up to get kids ready for school and off, then clean house and do all the usual chores, pick kids up from school, cook dinner and put them to bed, mostly by myself. I can't imagine... Of course though she'll probably only go about 6 or 7 more weeks at most. But still

Very true. I say I'd welcome some ordered bed rest, but I also don't have out of the womb children to take care of. I can't imagine trying to juggle that. As it stands, my husband can take care of the dog and fend for himself. :haha:

Kitchen reno starts today. I really hope it doesn't take longer than the 2 weeks they told us it would take to complete. I am in serious nesting mode and want the house to be clean and in order not under construction.

31 weeks today! :happydance:

Lovely scan pic dissy ! I forgot to share mine

We've put the cot up in our room and shown DS who now says 'baby night night in there!'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member