November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Jalanis, my little girl was the same during the scan. It was nearly 20 minutes and she just would NOT sit still! It was so surreal seeing her move AND feeling it at the same time...now I know the "big" movements are her arms flailing around, at least. Hoping her patterns in the womb are not indicative of her sleeping patterns out here lol!

Lol i know right...my boy is already head down and weighs 3lbs 2oz...whoaaa

Lovely scan and bump pics ladies :)

I had a scan last week and my little girl already has an estimated weight of 3lbs :wacko:

Well....

I made it through about 25 minutes of the 3 hour glucose test, before I had completely vomited several, several times. They had already done my fasting blood, so they are going to send that out, but they were going to let my midwife know that I couldn't complete it.

I came home and vomited again. I've also been in and out of the bathroom several times as well.

I just woke up from a nap and am feeling a lot better. I'm so worried I'll have to do it again. I haven't felt that sick in so long and it was terrible, because I'm essentially sitting in a waiting room, trying and praying not to throw up and then have to run to the bathroom because there's nothing I can do to keep it in anymore. I felt so bad that DH had taken time from work to go with me... time we could be saving for the baby!

ughhh I don't know what the midwife is going to say...

Well....

I made it through about 25 minutes of the 3 hour glucose test, before I had completely vomited several, several times. They had already done my fasting blood, so they are going to send that out, but they were going to let my midwife know that I couldn't complete it.

I came home and vomited again. I've also been in and out of the bathroom several times as well.

I just woke up from a nap and am feeling a lot better. I'm so worried I'll have to do it again. I haven't felt that sick in so long and it was terrible, because I'm essentially sitting in a waiting room, trying and praying not to throw up and then have to run to the bathroom because there's nothing I can do to keep it in anymore. I felt so bad that DH had taken time from work to go with me... time we could be saving for the baby!

ughhh I don't know what the midwife is going to say...

Ugh sorry you got so sick. That is the worst feeling

BLAH! Still haven't even gotten a floor for the nursery. Part of me is stressing about it but another part of me cant be arsed right now! We stayed in our apartment for the first night last night and woke up to a freaking war zone! I knew they were redoing the balconies but there hasn't been visual progress in days.. since like last Wednesday, then all of a sudden the night we try to stay there they decide to start up again. UGH. They were drilling these metal plates along the edge of the concrete slabs and sanding down the concrete I think so it was NOISY all freaking morning. Didn't matter who's balcony it was, it echoed through the entire building. Oh, and our new bed over there? It sucks. Its SO hard.. Slept like crap :(

I'm so sorry Mandaa, that sucks. But at least you were only 25 minutes in and not 2 hours in. I was at the docs doing mine yesterday and a lady threw up after 2 hours and now she is going to have to do it all over again.

Well, I failed the 1 hour GTT, like I knew I would. :wacko: Now I'm going into to take the 3 hour friday morning. At least it is 3 hours now instead of 4. I used to have to do 4 hours and it like to killed me both times. I threw away that bag of candy I got, no more sugar for me!

So sorry you got sick mandaa! I'd think they wouldn't make you do it again due to that. I heard you can do some sort of week long tracking thing with just your normal diet instead sometimes?

I called and they said that they don't want to make me do it again. The nurse said that since I scored bad on the 1 hour, I "probably would've failed the 3 hour anyways". I'm supposed to call and schedule an appointment with a dietician or something. I'm concerned that they are going to make this make me high risk, but the nurse said it won't impact my birth plan at all and will just mean that I need to get my levels under control with diet.

:nope:

I've got my 4d scan on Friday!! Cannot wait!!!

Lovely bumps and scan pictures girls!!

Wow! I'm sorry for the rough 3 hour, mandaa! Ugh!

But seriously, don't stress too much about the GD. It's been totally manageable for me, and like you, I was told so long as I keep my sugars under control (which I have been), this shouldn't have any affect on my babies or my birth plan. A GD dx alone will not label you high risk. It's honestly a blessing in disguise- I'm actually loosing weight and still eating well, IMO.

I had a good doctor appointment yesterday. My BP was "only" 130/80- in the high end of the normal range and high for me but lower than it has been recently. My labs all look great so no sign of pre-e so far, thank god! I'll continue to be monitored once a week. My OB also said she doesn't think modified bed rest is necessary at this point and I can keep working for now. So- I'm just going to keep trucking! We'll continue to evaluate each week. Feeling so much better about things after that appointment. :)

Also finally got painters in who painted the nursery (part of a bigger project that involved painting our stairwell going upstairs). Yay! This weekend I'm going to make DH set up the cribs and I can finally start decorating!!!!! This makes me happy. We are going with a gender neutral woodsy/nature theme. The nursery is painted a light green.

HI my lovelies!
I've been completely gone for the past... who know how long.... 5 weeks?? OMG time is flying by!!! I just got back from my holiday last week and I'm getting the flooring renewed this week! Yay!!!
Also baby shopping is been crazy! I have this pelvic thing going on since week 16 o so and the pain is not getting any better... Is even worse, but HEY! I'm happy I've made it this far and barely without any painkillers!
The sad part is that my OH is sick of giving me back rubs every single night as is one of the only things that helps me sleep!

Anyways there's a lot to catch up but I'll try to keep up to date from now on !!!!

xxx

Baby is head down and I hope he stays that way. Passed my glucose test. That milestone is done. Now to assemble the stroller and pack 'n play that arrived this week. After I take a nap.

Well the woman who took my blood told me if I didn't pass I would hear by Wednesday at the latest...so I am assuming I passed the glucose test! Now watch them call me tomorrow after I've gotten my hopes up :wacko:
In other news for the wonderfully gross world of pregnancy, I've started leaking. My husband thinks it's HILARIOUS, which I guess is better than him being grossed out. But my chest is sooooo...I wouldn't say sore, more like it feels like they've been pinched in a vice for about five hours straight. Gross.

Dissy, I took my test yesterday and they called me first thing this morning to let me know I failed, so its pretty safe to assume that since you havn't heard back you passed it, congrats!!

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by!! I am 30 weeks next week, eeeeek!!

Hope everyone has been traveling well! Not long until we'll start sharing birth stories and baby photo's!!

Should get my GTT results today or tomorrow.
18 lbs gained total as of 28 weeks, which is just slightly under the pattern of my first pregnancy. It was also 9am so I'm sure that made a difference, since most of my appointments so far have been just after lunch :)

Not sure if it was all the sugar in my system yesterday, but I woke up 3 times last night just PARCHED, like needing water so badly. I know I drank plenty yesterday but my mouth was just so dry. Ugh.

My bump is starting to look very round! And I feel like there isn't enough room in there. My goodness I am sure it's going to get much worse over the next few months, too! yikes

They dont do GTT Mishc where you live? Its to rule out gestational diabetes..

Happy 30 wks to me :yipee: 9 more to go!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->