November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Yeah in the US they do glucose testing on every pregnant woman to rule GD out.

No we don't get GTT unless we have signs of GD. (i'm UK)

My glucose test is Tuesday and I'm freaking out! My sugar was fine until about week 25 when I started feeling weird after eating breakfast. My heart races (normal sitting at the computer pulse is 65 and after breakfast it is about 95.) and I feel like I can't breathe and if I eat ALOT of sugar I feel faint. I'm worried about it. I've read it can be a lot of different things than just my sugar and I haven't shown any other signs of having GD. Good luck to everyone having theirs this week! :)

Super excited to be in my third tri as well! 30 weeks today and only 70 days to go! I am still not fully settled in over here in Sweden so Ill still be absent a bit I think but I have some downtime for now.

On another note, is anyone else feeling breathless? I have been having issues with it and its getting worse :( I posted more about it here:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/2221535-breathlessness.html

That and round ligament pain is making me freaking miserable! :cry:

I have both of these problems right now. The round ligament pain is starting to wake me up at night when I turn over. :(

Mwel - Round ligament pain is awful isn't it, I try to describe it to OH but I do it no justice. I struggle sitting down for anything over 15 minutes now I get an awful pain on the left side at the top of my bump or just under my ribs. I imagine its just where she's laid but its super uncomfortable.

It's been awhile since I posted here but I have been following along. Good luck to all those with their upcoming GD tests.

My bump is still faithfully yellow :) Our car seat arrived today! It still seems surreal that fairly soon we'll be bringing home a new family member. Eek!

I ended up having an impromptu appointment with my OB yesterday. I've had this horrible headache since last Sunday and last week at my regular appointment I had trace amounts of protein in my urine so they wanted me to come in and get checked out. My blood pressure has been slowly rising but still within normal range, so far it's just this darn headache that I can't shake and seeing spots ALL the time. I did have pre-eclampsia with my 1st so the doc will be keeping a close eye on things. He told me that I could take Excedrin migraine which has aspirin in it and he is hoping that will help. So far-not so much.

Seems like we are all starting to get to the uncomfortable stages of pregnancy! I hope it doesn't get much worse for any of us and we'll have happy, healthy babies in our arms before we know it!

Sorry for being absent lately, ladies...my twins came down with hand, foot, and mouth disease, and they've passed it on to me.

Monday I woke up with a sore throat, fever, severe body aches/joint pain, and malaise. I could barely lift my head off my pillow, and getting in and out of bed was intensely painful. Tuesday was just as bad, plus I had tingling in my hands and feet. Wednesday I woke up with blisters all over my face, and today they've spread to my hands, feet, legs, and scalp. They're even inside my nose...super itchy and painful. I'm going out of my mind here. The fever and body aches are gone now, thankfully, but I'm apparently contagious until the blisters go away, so I'm confined to the house.

Thankfully this shouldn't have any effect on the baby, but I sure am miserable! :(

UGH Yeah we all seem miserable. My OH freaked out and thought I was going into labor when my round ligament pain made me double over LOL.

Dragonfly: I'm sorry to hear your sick! I have come down with a cold as of yesterday and its absolutely miserable! The congestion! :( And we have nothing here that I can take. MEH. I am not a big fan of tea but I feel like some may help. I'm so congested its affecting my ears. :( and I was looking at a bird in the parking lot earlier when little Vincent here decided to kick me in the cervix and make me double over... Little turd

Oh no dragonfly that sounds awful hope you get better soon. It's bad enough caging for ill children without being I'll yourself.

I agree with uncomfortable she keeps changing positions feeling her bottom on one side then the other. And she can kick as high as my ribs! (Never had this with DS breech) what room is left for her?

I was going to treat myself to a half decaf/half regular afternoon coffee because I am feeling wiiiped. But our cafeteria only had hazelnut decaf. Yuck. Sad pregnant lady here!

BLAH. I am willing to try anything to feel better at this point. I can't go get over the counter meds cause of my lack of a car and lack of cash. I have even drank a cup of tea cause I feel that bad! (I dislike tea). Ive been getting better and then worse all day. Took a hot shower earlier, almost feel like its time for another!

Man my sciatica nerve pain has got pretty bad, I am starting to waddle a little now because walking normal hurts!

Also suffering rib pain on my left hand side....and also my skin is so sore and tender just under my breast on that side. I have definitely started the uncomfortable stage of the pregnancy. Oh and my MS keeps rearing its ugly head too. I feel like I am struggling a bit at the moment, can't wait until mat leave starts so at least i don't have to worry about going to work. I am fearing just how bad this nerve pain and rib pain is gonna get as bubs still need to grow more!

Super excited to be in my third tri as well! 30 weeks today and only 70 days to go! I am still not fully settled in over here in Sweden so Ill still be absent a bit I think but I have some downtime for now.

On another note, is anyone else feeling breathless? I have been having issues with it and its getting worse :( I posted more about it here:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/2221535-breathlessness.html

That and round ligament pain is making me freaking miserable! :cry:

I have both of these problems right now. The round ligament pain is starting to wake me up at night when I turn over. :(

Oh yes same here. I recall a week ago trying to roll over and it felt like i was going to pull a muscle! The pain woke me up and was a very close call. We have to e so careful, i think we're very prone to injury. :(

Sleeping at night is definitely uncomfortable now. I have to hold my belly to move over while sleeping. I'm also finding it really hard to sleep on my left hand side now too.
Today is for sure a 'fat' day for me.

I went to the midwife today. Blood pressure and baby's heartbeat were good. I've gained 40 lbs already ugh and again she said I need to watch that. I was expecting it this time so i didn't leave in tears at least

Is anyone planning on drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea? If so when is a good time to start? Ive read lots of conflicting info and i keep forgetting to ask my Dr!

I recieved a giant bag of boy clothes from a co-worker. There are some really cute things! My favorite item i got has to be the Aden & Anais muslin swaddling blanket with giraffes! so adorable! i registered for these so im pretty excited!

Is anyone planning on drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea? If so when is a good time to start? Ive read lots of conflicting info and i keep forgetting to ask my Dr!

I recieved a giant bag of boy clothes from a co-worker. There are some really cute things! My favorite item i got has to be the Aden & Anais muslin swaddling blanket with giraffes! so adorable! i registered for these so im pretty excited!

I've been thinking about this too. I've got the rlt capsules because I tried the tea last time and It tasted so gross I never used it again.

I also have evening primrose oil so need to look into that too.

I just asked my midwife about this today. I asked her if it really works and she said there's no scientific evidence that it does work but it doesn't hurt to drink it. She same the same goes for the evening prim rose oil.

I've been drinking RLT since about 20 weeks - 2x/day since the start of 3rd tri. My understanding is that it's supposed to help strengthen the uterus and not necessarily do anything with labor, and since I'm trying for a VBAC - I could use a strong uterus :) I actually like the taste of the tea, and I HATE water, so for me it's more about keeping hydrated anyway!

No sure about EPO. What I've read is that it'll help soften the cervix. With my last pregnancy, my cervix was very soft starting at 36 weeks, but it never did anything (i.e., effacement or dilation) so it's probably a lost cause for me. But that said, I'll probably start taking it at 36 weeks. Because why not, if it doesn't hurt anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->