November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Has anyone been having shooting pains in their vagina? Not with any tightenings just sudden sharp take your breath away pain along with a pretty much constant dull ache in my groin. Started last night woke me up and has happened at least 8 times today.

From reading looks like it could be her head low down? Feel like a FTM as everything is different with a non-breech baby!

I haven't had shorting pain down there, but sometimes when she moves it hurts a bit down there. Not sure if one of her body parts is poking me there or not.

Has anyone been having shooting pains in their vagina? Not with any tightenings just sudden sharp take your breath away pain along with a pretty much constant dull ache in my groin. Started last night woke me up and has happened at least 8 times today.

From reading looks like it could be her head low down? Feel like a FTM as everything is different with a non-breech baby!

Mine is head down now and I get that occasionally, though I got that when he was breech, too.

I dont know what shooting pains BUT oh my by half of the day im really hurting bad in my pelvic area i can nearly walk...it feels like if someone punched me there or something

I dont know what shooting pains BUT oh my by half of the day im really hurting bad in my pelvic area i can nearly walk...it feels like if someone punched me there or something

Yeah it's like this for me I have pelvic girdle pain it was particularly bad this morning but since resting it feels better and shooting pains have gone!

US ladies - did you/will you have a 30-wk appt? My OB is on maternity leave and I'm seeing a different one in the practice (the one who delivered Chase, actually, because my same OB was on maternity then too!). So anyway, he mentioned that it was time to start my biweekly appointments and that I should come in at 30 weeks. Problem is, I'd pre-scheduled all my spots to 40 weeks, and my next one is at 32 weeks. He's totally booked up in 2 weeks.

Shouldn't be a big deal, right? Esp since I passed my glucose test.

US ladies - did you/will you have a 30-wk appt? My OB is on maternity leave and I'm seeing a different one in the practice (the one who delivered Chase, actually, because my same OB was on maternity then too!). So anyway, he mentioned that it was time to start my biweekly appointments and that I should come in at 30 weeks. Problem is, I'd pre-scheduled all my spots to 40 weeks, and my next one is at 32 weeks. He's totally booked up in 2 weeks.

I had an appt last fri when I was 31 + 3 and my next appt is in 3 weeks. I think you're fine. They didn't do anything different than any other appt.

My last appt was last monday when I was 29w2d. I went up to the receptionist to schedule my next appt, and she automatically tried to schedule it for this week. I don't have a day off this week except today (obviously they are closed) and then again on Saturday (last saturday off before baby gets here, and again they are closed). The receptionist asked me "what are you going to do when you have to come every week?" Obviously make sure I have a day off. Even my doctor didn't want me to come back in until two weeks. Receptionist is not going to be happy then either, because the week after my boss is on vacation again so I can't really get a day off, or come in late for a doctor's appt, so it will have to be two weeks again.

I've had a fairly easy going pregnancy, and there has been no concern's raised, and doctor is happy with how everything is progressing. So I'm not worried about doing weekly appts at this time.

I have def had soreness in the pubic area but shooting pains only once in a while.

My next appointment is this Friday (and glucose test). I have been going every 4 weeks and starting this appointment they will want to see me every 2 weeks. But they seem flexible if I can't make it one week in particular.

I've been having shooting pains down there once in a while, but I chalk it up to Declan being super low and bouncing on my cervix.

I now have to go in to my OB once a week. I'm just lucky my job is so flexible - I basically make my own schedule and can easily sneak away for doctor appointments whenever needed.

Tomorrow i see my baby boy again 3d and finally my husband will be joining since hes always working. Im so happy to want to see his reaction on his face.

Is anyone else here anemic in their pregnancy? I am also really low on vit D levels even though i take double doses of Vit D daily....

I have just started on iron tablets. I am a bit concerned about it, as with DS i had no issues like that. But I am putting the low D levels down to being pregnant all through winter, and its been a dreary winter.

Normally my levels are good... this has happened while pregnant. My OB thinks I must be not eating any meat and living on bread. She is horrified with my weight gain as I have already gained 20 kilos! But im not bothered, i did with DS and lost it all plus more afterwards.

But anyways she's wrong, I eat plenty of meat and take all my vitamins. Not sure why this has happened this time.

On the plus - I am 30 weeks preg today! :happydance: Home stretch!!

I am Consultant led and seeing the Consultant for a scan and review every four weeks at 32 and 36 weeks and I am seeing the midwife at 34weeks... which effectively means a review every 2 weeks! I suspect that I will have weekly appointments from 36 weeks since an induction is being considered at 37 weeks (hopefully nearer to 40 wks).

I have my whooping cough vaccine this week too so I do feel like it is all go at the mo!

Sandilion - I have had no issues with anaemia and I am vegetarian so this was a concern of mine. I have been taking daily pre natal supplements though which I suspect is why my iron levels are OK?

Any UK ladies thinking about getting a group strep B test at 36/37 weeks?

Sandilion - I have had no issues with anaemia and I am vegetarian so this was a concern of mine. I have been taking daily pre natal supplements though which I suspect is why my iron levels are OK?

Wow and i am a omnivore and i am anemic.... I used to be a vegan, then a vegetarian and never has issues with iron at all....

Maybe its because i am drinking 2 cups of English breakfast tea a day? I did read caffeine can deplete vitamin absorption.

I am taking prenatals daily.

I'm also a vegetarian and haven't had any issues.

We bought a new car yesterday...a Ford Explorer. So now we can install our car seat. Where is the best place to put it? Drivers side? Passenger side?

I am being referred to a cardiologist this week. Apparently, my palpitating heartbeats are called "ectopic heartbeats" and my doctor wants them checked out. The nurse mentioned that they're fairly common and not usually threatening, unless there is an underlying heart issue already in place. I suppose that's why they're checking. Bah, and I thought my pregnancy was going so well! I know what they'll tell me, too...no more caffeine, reduce sugar intake, get lots of rest, etc. :wacko:

I'm also a vegetarian and haven't had any issues.

We bought a new car yesterday...a Ford Explorer. So now we can install our car seat. Where is the best place to put it? Drivers side? Passenger side?

Geralyn, put it on the opposite side of wherever you normally sit so that you can always see baby from the rearview mirror and can reach them if needed. If you drive, then it would be the passenger side. That's what I've gathered, anyway!

Is anyone else here anemic in their pregnancy? I am also really low on vit D levels even though i take double doses of Vit D daily....

I have just started on iron tablets. I am a bit concerned about it, as with DS i had no issues like that. But I am putting the low D levels down to being pregnant all through winter, and its been a dreary winter.

Normally my levels are good... this has happened while pregnant. My OB thinks I must be not eating any meat and living on bread. She is horrified with my weight gain as I have already gained 20 kilos! But im not bothered, i did with DS and lost it all plus more afterwards.

But anyways she's wrong, I eat plenty of meat and take all my vitamins. Not sure why this has happened this time.

On the plus - I am 30 weeks preg today! :happydance: Home stretch!!

I'm anemic on the highest dose of iron now. I was with DS but not as low it's seems I started with less iron. I don't eat red meat much but mw said it's green veg I need more of like spinach.

Some people are just more likely to get low iron too it runs in my family. Important thing is you've got tablets to fix it as it can become dangerous esp if you hemmorage after birth.

I was really nervous when I saw my labs came back in since they checked me for anemia at 28 weeks. My levels were lower than usual, but I guess still okay enough for a pregnant lady since I didn't get a phone call. (We'll see if anything is said about it at my appointment today.) Apparently pregnant women get anemic super easily, and while certain dietary things can help, sometimes you just can't help it. Even just the iron in a prenatal is not necessarily enough if it's just in the cards so to speak to be anemic while pregnant. But I think I also read that baby gets when s/he needs first, so you'd have to be pretty severely anemic for it to affect baby. If there's any comfort in that.

Regarding car seats, I'm 99.99% sure that middle is safest, but beyond that, the outboard seats (driver or passenger side) are equally safe. I used to hear that it's best to put baby behind the driver because in the event of an accident or near-collision, the driver will instinctively try to save himself/herself. But more recent statistics show it doesn't really matter. Beyond that though, the safest spot is wherever you can get a good installation (e.g. I had a car before where the middle seat had a hump, so I couldn't get a good car seat install there). I highly recommend the US ladies (and maybe Canadian too) join a facebook group called Car Seats for the Littles. It's moderated by several certified car seat techs. I've just been lurking there mostly, though I've had a few questions. I thought I was fairly knowledgeable about the dos and dont's of car seat safety, but I've learned a lot there.

Grats on the new wheels, Geralyn. :)

eyemom, I also am on the Car Seat for Little FB group, very helpful. It can seem a little militant at first, but once you get used to it, it's just that they will only tell you what is safest and they won't entertain any discussions on less than safe options. And we all want our LOs to be as safe as possible! There are so many things to learn about car seat safety, it's a good idea for first time mom's to start soaking it all in now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->