November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Way to see the positives cncem!

I have my GD test this Friday. It's not until 3:45 PM. Advice on good foods to eat to last me through breakfast and lunch? My doc said just to fast 2 hours before.

Failed mine as well. I'm borderline. I have to take a 3 hour test on Friday after being on a strict diet for a few days. :(

Side note: I had pics taken of my c-section by a professional photographer. You can see them here if you're interested. It's really amazing.
A little graphic (but tastefully so) and you can see my giant areolas :)haha:) in some of the pics, but they're really incredible.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103902646846773251099/albums/5781377616427568321?authkey=CMbrhu-Iucv6gAE

Thanks so much for sharing those, they made me tear up! Your bubby looks perfect and you look really beautiful! Gawd I wish i looked that good when giving birth!

Beautiful pics :):thumbup:

Sorry to those who failed their test.... i did with DS and i remember how upset and devastated i was. I didn't take it well at all.... but then as i got into the groove of the new diet and the blood testing, i adapted fine.

I managed to pass this time though thankfully. Stay strong you'll get through it. :thumbup:

I'm growing to appreciate my GD dx! Haha. I've lost 5 pounds (up 20 lbs total now for pregnancy, which I'm pretty proud of considering its twins), my numbers are totally in check with diet alone, and I'm eating healthy and well. It's definitely not the worse thing, though the increased risk of developing type II diabetes later in life is not a fun thing to think about.

I'm also anemic and have been on an iron pill since 18 weeks. I'm borderline anemic in normal life though, so no shock it would plummet in pregnancy.

Got a call from the nurse today. Apparently I have a bladder infection, my second of this pregnancy! Anyone else have this happen? I'm on another round of antibiotics and afterwards may be put on some kind of preventative medication? I will discuss it at my appointment on Friday.

I have my 28 week ultrasound tomorrow! I go in every four weeks. Can't wait to see how much they have grown in the last month. :cloud9:

You ladies are so sweet! I love the pics, they make me cry every time I look at them :)

Cncem, she was 39+2 when she was born - little thing though, 6lb10oz and 18 inches. Nursing was a little bit of a struggle at first but I blame my flat nipples. She attempted to latch right away but just couldn't pull my nipples out. We made it work through a supplemental nursing system, and then nipple shield. After a couple months, my nipples were stronger and more pointy (??) and she latched easily. I don't think it had anything to do with the section - just my nipples!

Lovely pictures. Gosh when I'm pregnant pics like that make me all teary. Marie you have such a beautiful smile. :) I also love when people are wearing surgical masks but you can still tell they are smiling big! Love it.

So add me to the anemic club. I guess not really bad, but I'm starting on iron supps in the morning. My lab results came back 2 weeks ago and my Dr just told me to start it today. I'm not sure if I should be irritated about that or not. :-/ Hope it wasn't anything harmful, though I think not being severe it was more of a potential problem for me than the LO.

Missylissy do you have to test your blood sugar everyday? I guess I was just upset because I saw all what my mom went through when she had it, testing 2 times a day, having to take insulin shots all that. My mom lost alot of weight and now she doesn't have to do any of that anymore. It seems like her diabetes just went away :shrug:. I think it'll be a good thing for me to learn to eat proper and maybe I'll lose the baby weight sooner after Macie is born. I'm starting to see that its not so bad at all.

Missylissy do you have to test your blood sugar everyday? I guess I was just upset because I saw all what my mom went through when she had it, testing 2 times a day, having to take insulin shots all that. My mom lost alot of weight and now she doesn't have to do any of that anymore. It seems like her diabetes just went away :shrug:. I think it'll be a good thing for me to learn to eat proper and maybe I'll lose the baby weight sooner after Macie is born. I'm starting to see that its not so bad at all.

Yes, unfortunately that is the crappy part. I have to poke and test my blood 4x/day, fasting when I wake up, and an hour after breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's annoying, not gonna lie. But so far for me anyway, my numbers are fine without insulin- so no need for the extra needles which I am thankful for. The diet is pretty easy to follow. It revolves around having a specific amount of carbs at each meal + 3 snacks throughout the day. It's important to remember you are NOT dieting right now- you still need to eat a lot, it's just about making the right kind of choices. The hardest part for me is that I discovered milk spikes by blood sugar, so I really need to limit my intake and save it for snacks and stuff. I LOVE milk, so that's been hard for me... Haha. Prob wouldn't be an issue though for most people.

Yes, unfortunately that is the crappy part. I have to poke and test my blood 4x/day, fasting when I wake up, and an hour after breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's annoying, not gonna lie. But so far for me anyway, my numbers are fine without insulin- so no need for the extra needles which I am thankful for. The diet is pretty easy to follow. It revolves around having a specific amount of carbs at each meal + 3 snacks throughout the day. It's important to remember you are NOT dieting right now- you still need to eat a lot, it's just about making the right kind of choices. The hardest part for me is that I discovered milk spikes by blood sugar, so I really need to limit my intake and save it for snacks and stuff. I LOVE milk, so that's been hard for me... Haha. Prob wouldn't be an issue though for most people.

I love milk! I didn't realize it has a lot of sugar in it

My stroller was delivered today…so exciting! We got the Uppa Baby Vista. https://www.amazon.com/UPPAbaby-011...qid=1409762382&sr=1-1&keywords=uppababy+vista

We're on week 2 of the kitchen reno and it's driving me nuts that the house is so messy and full of dust from the construction. I'm in total nesting mode and want everything clean and organized. I'm estimating that they still have another 2 weeks until everything is completed and then I can go on a cleaning frenzy.

I had an emotional breakdown last night trying to decide between 2 different shades of grey for my girls' rooms. I think the nesting is starting to get the best of some of us!!!

I'm not happy with any of the cleaning we've been doing. We still have to get rid of so much stuff, may have to make a trip to the dump ! I have two cans of paint sitting in the hallway at home that I want to use to paint the hallway, I may tackle that when I'm on Mat leave, lol.

We finally started painting the nursery this weekend. We have boxes of furniture all over the place, and I just want the painting finished so we can finally start putting stuff in there! It's hard having almost everything ready to go and designed in my head, but not being able to set it all up.

I learned the frustration of setting up a pack 'n play by yourself this weekend. I don't believe there is a graceful way to do it. Stroller also arrived as did the car seat and the baby monitor. We're getting close to ready.

Oh Missy I was afraid of that. :( Well, I'll just have to suck it up and do it then, thankfully I only have 10 more weeks to go.

Ladies, when does the nesting thing kick in? I'm so unmotivated (lazy) and my house is barely clean when hubby gets home. I just can't get into cleaning mode. My breastpump arrived in the mail yesterday. So I have that. My mother in law is going to buy the crib and has given me a budget of $300 bucks, so since the crib I want is fairly cheap I'll have enough left over for the stroller I want, yay. I'm trying to do this as inexpensive as I can. A friend gave me a cute cradle swing that makes music and does a light show thing, I love it. I got a Baby Einstein jumper thing from someone on fb for $40 then I looked over my baby registry and realized I'd registered for that exact same thing and it was $100 new, lol. My maternity photos are planned for a week from now, and my baby shower is 4 weeks away, I'm excited.

Yesterday and today I'm having soreness when I walk in my pelvis...like where my legs meet my body. Could LO be engaging already?? It's painful to walk

Woo lots of nesting going on in here! We have just got the keys to our new house so spending the next month before we move in painting, repairing and furnishing! Very exciting but it's giving me sleepless nights wanting to get things done right now!!

My bump is huge today and so tight I really don't think this baby can grow any more!! Xxx

I think so geralyn...i have been like that for over a week already...and i feel it more through the night when i wake up to pee....its painful as hell it hurts when i lift my legs to get in the ford explorer lol do you feel that too since you have the same vehicle as me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->