November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Yes you put that very well. I couldn't figure out how to phrase it without scaring people off. Yeah they don't tolerate bad advice, even if it's well meaning. They just want people to get the best, safest info based on science rather than opinion.

Where I am in Canada we have car seat clinics where certified car seat techs put your car seat in for your. It's either free or a small charge, but I don't mind paying for someone to properly install my car seat. I might have to check out that FB group page.

You can go to any fire department here and they will install the car seat for you but I want to know how to do it so I don't always have to go to a fire house to have it done

I installed a front facing car seat in my car in the summer because I was taking a little boy to and from daycare. Now that he's in school I don't need it anymore, but I can't take it out now :( I think I pulled the straps too tight when I attached it to the anchors. I'll probably get them to take it out when they install my car seat.

Just a fair warning, many fire stations do car seat installs but aren't actually car seat certified. I see on this FB page all the time people who got down right wrong advice from the fire station. Always ask if they are "CPST" certified (for the US). Plus it's good to get advice on how to fit the straps each time you put the baby in, when you need to adjust strap height as baby grows, when to go to a convertible, rear facing should be for at least 2 years, etc. etc. etc. Some of you may know it already but I am a newbie so I am soaking all of the info in while I can. :)

Well, I just got the call from the nurse I failed the glucose test, I have the diabetes *cry. This pregnancy has been The hardest on me, high blood pressure now this. I have to get one of those machines and poke myself everyday, I Hate needles. The most upsetting is now I'm more likely to have to have a section and I don't Want that. I'm terrified of having to have major surgery. I guess I'll go check out the complications forum to see if anyone else absolutely has to have a section because of it. I have an appt on the 10th with a dietitian. At least this is almost over. (I always try to find the silver lining in the dark cloud).

So sorry about the DX cncem. :( It can be managed with diet and focus though so try not to fret too much!

Well, I just got the call from the nurse I failed the glucose test, I have the diabetes *cry. This pregnancy has been The hardest on me, high blood pressure now this. I have to get one of those machines and poke myself everyday, I Hate needles. The most upsetting is now I'm more likely to have to have a section and I don't Want that. I'm terrified of having to have major surgery. I guess I'll go check out the complications forum to see if anyone else absolutely has to have a section because of it. I have an appt on the 10th with a dietitian. At least this is almost over. (I always try to find the silver lining in the dark cloud).

Sorry to hear this. I'm not sure about your chances of c/section you would have to ask your doctor. But I want to re-assure you that c-sections aren't so bad, yes it's major surgery and it takes time to recover but so long as you have support at home you can do it! I had a c-section with DS it was planned due to breech and very calm. I knew my due date weeks before. I got skin to skin and breast fed in recovery (I had loads of milk). I had him in the eve spent that night and one more in hospital then went home.

Hopefully you'll still get a natural birth but I hope you won't feel like a c-section is a failure or anything to be scarce of.

Thanks ladies. Apple I won't feel like a failure or anything like that, I'm just scared I'll die, lol. I can laugh at that fear now, but I just don't want one. Doesn't help that two of my friends on facebook posted a very graphic video of a c-section, the type of video that starts playing automatically without having to click on it, and like watching a train wreck you can't pull your eyes away. I have friends that had have had elective sections instead of trying for natural, nothing wrong with that at all. I'm just afraid of bleeding out, or maybe epi doesn't take and I'll have to go under and I don't wake up. I've never had surgery before, and I know I'm being rediculous...

I thought of another at least. At least the baby will be here before Thanksgiving and I can eat all the great food mother in law cooks.

Thanks ladies. Apple I won't feel like a failure or anything like that, I'm just scared I'll die, lol. I can laugh at that fear now, but I just don't want one. Doesn't help that two of my friends on facebook posted a very graphic video of a c-section, the type of video that starts playing automatically without having to click on it, and like watching a train wreck you can't pull your eyes away. I have friends that had have had elective sections instead of trying for natural, nothing wrong with that at all. I'm just afraid of bleeding out, or maybe epi doesn't take and I'll have to go under and I don't wake up. I've never had surgery before, and I know I'm being rediculous...

I thought of another at least. At least the baby will be here before Thanksgiving and I can eat all the great food mother in law cooks.

Sorry about the test. Hopefully you can get it all sorted with seeing the dietician, etc. I go for mine next Thursday (a little late). I'm already convinced I'll fail it since I know my diet isn't exactly the greatest and I've been on a sugar fix as of late.

I've never had any major surgery either, just a few wisdom teeth taken out. So the thought of having to have a c-section terrifies me too.

I'm anemic during pregnancy. I have naturally low iron (and I'm a hard-core carnivore who loves leafy greens!), so during pregnancy my iron levels tank. Your body just processes/uses iron differently and may not absorb it as well. That's not your fault! Just take the supplements and move on. You shouldn't be made to feel bad about it!

Re: car seat location...I've also heard that middle is safest, but that's not practical with out vehicles - there was no LATCH system in the middle seat, just the two side ones, so we put the car seat behind either the driver or passenger seat. Behind driver in DH's car, behind passenger in my car. That's mainly because of how we park in our garage - he's on the left and I'm on the right, so the space between our cars is a little snug.

I'm still in the CSFTL group on FB, but they're not in my newsfeed. It's just too much! I just have it so I can ask questions when needed, and ignore it when I don't.

Sorry to hear about your diabetes DX, cncem :( I've known plenty with GD that had vaginal deliveries, so hopefully it won't impact you at all!

Side note: I had pics taken of my c-section by a professional photographer. You can see them here if you're interested. It's really amazing.
A little graphic (but tastefully so) and you can see my giant areolas :)haha:) in some of the pics, but they're really incredible.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103902646846773251099/albums/5781377616427568321?authkey=CMbrhu-Iucv6gAE

Those where beautiful pics Mariemo, thank you for sharing, and may I say you are very photogenic, even when giving birth. :) How many weeks gestation was she? Such a beautiful healthy little girl. And how was breastfeeding, did she latch right away? Thank you for sharing those pics with us. My best friend is a photographer and has promised me to be there taking pics whatever kind of delivery I have.

I had my test this morning as well. Praying I don't get that call but the way I feel after eating has me thinking differently. I got so sick right afterward and almost threw up.

Just my 2 cents on the car seat question. If the middle is not an option, I would go with the side of that car that puts you next to the sidewalk in case you are parking on the street. Then you are out of traffic at least.

MariMo, what awesome pics!!!! So amazing!!! I've just started to look up birth videos and whatnot. Its equal parts horrifying and miraculous. haha. It's all getting more real every day!

Side note: I had pics taken of my c-section by a professional photographer. You can see them here if you're interested. It's really amazing.
A little graphic (but tastefully so) and you can see my giant areolas :)haha:) in some of the pics, but they're really incredible.

https://plus.google.com/photos/103902646846773251099/albums/5781377616427568321?authkey=CMbrhu-Iucv6gAE

Amazing pics ! Pretty sure I teared up when I went through them. Damn hormones !

Ha, I thought I was the only one, I teared up too.

The good thing about this gd is I'll learn how to eat better and maybe the baby weight will come off easier. Many bright sides to this. It's not the worst thing in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->